Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Batman: Arkham Asylum > Batman: Arkham Asylum PC Discussion

Old 01-09-2010, 10:36 AM
New Player

Default Angst against GFWL and save games *ragepost*

First off, I love the game itself - gets my personal vote for game of the year. I can't think of any other Batman game that made it so easy and fun so to be Batman.

That being said, I hate everything else that comes with the game - namely Game for Windows Live.

It was a hassle and took 15 minutes to register my account. First I created a GamerTag or something, but was then told my password was incorrect, was then told that I needed an online account...blah blah. Thankfully I only have to go through that process once, and I'm sure it works fine for others, but it was a pain for myself.

My other gripe is against installing the game on a different computer, using the same GFWL account and cd-key, but being unable to move / play my saved games. Searching on Google didn't bring up any easy solution. I've never had this much trouble trying to set up a game to play - very frustrating.

tl;dr -

Developers - great game!
Publishers - thanks for ruining everything else!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Gamer

100% agree about both the game itself and gfwl. One is video game magic and the other is a pathetic attempt at an unnecessary feature. It's a shame they were bundled together.

Eidos gets these awards from me...

Epic win for giving Rocksteady money.
Epic fail for taking Microsoft's money.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:09 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycdawg View Post
100% agree about both the game itself and gfwl. One is video game magic and the other is a pathetic attempt at an unnecessary feature. It's a shame they were bundled together.

Eidos gets these awards from me...

Epic win for giving Rocksteady money.
Epic fail for taking Microsoft's money.
Not GFWL--that's an Eidos excuse. Gears of War is GFWL and you can transfer save data easily. It's a great game that I'm eternally pissed at because I can't do a simply save game data transfer. So freaking ridiculous.