Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days > Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days General Discussion

Old 11-30-2009, 08:03 PM
New Player

Default Movies that reminds you of Kane and Lynch

like everyone here I'm dying to see the next bit of info on the new Kane and Lynch game . So lately I've started watching all these crimes movies to get me into the Kane and Lynch mood and I've noticed that so many of them just have that vibe that the games had too. here are the ones that I found that where similar:

The taking of Perlham 123(remake): while I didn't find this movie that too amazing(cliched ending), I thought that the hostage situation in the subway station with the SWAT showing up really reminded me of Dead Men.

The Way of the gun: while this movie doesn't have any bank robbing in it, I thought that the characters had this criminal edge to them that Kane and Lynch also had. its about these two guys kidnapping a hostage so they can ransom her for 15 million dollars to this powerful mob sort-of guy. the shootout at the end is pretty awesome. its also written by the guy who wrote The Usual Suspects.

The Usual Suspects: same as the last one. the characters in this movie, while not as shady as kane and lynch, took part in some pretty shady robberies/hits. if you're gonna check out the movie however, I recommend you don't watch the trailer. that way you wont have anything spoiled.

Ronin: I just saw this movie for the 20th time and I really love it. the shootouts in the movie really remind me of the game. If you haven't seen it then I recommend you check it out. it has Robert De Niro and Jean Reno(The Professional and that french old-looking guy in the Armored trailer) playing mercenaries trying to find a suitcase containing something illegal. plus the car chases....are off the hook!

Man on Fire: the movie is about a former mercenary trying to save a girl who was kidnapped by the Brazilian mob. The main theme really sounds like the theme of Kane and Lynch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v1q8aanlXs

The Big Lebowski: just because I love that damn movie! and it has a hostage situation!well, sort of. and bowling. and a crazy Hispanic sex offender named Jesus.

Heat:..............................................................................................
.....................................................................Ah Come on!..............

so do you guys have any movies to add to the list?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Protagonist

Movies that remind me of Kane and Lynch? Not sure, but the opening of Dark Knight with clowns had kinda Fragile Alliance feel to it.

Inside Man by Spike Lee.
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead by Sidney Lumet
Graduation by Michael Mayer
The Lookout by Scott Frank

Um, there is few more but every time I watch Heat (one of my favorite movies) I think of Kane & Lynch
Old 11-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Protagonist

This may sound crazy but Bruce Willis in the movie "Hostage" looks like Kane toward the beginning... especially with the long hair and crazy-man-beard.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0340163/

Old 11-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Protagonist

Nice find. I like that movie a lot.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Protagonist

Ben Foster is pretty much my hero. I don't know why but I love the guy's southern drawl. Lynch would be cooler if he sounded more like Ben Foster.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Hero

Rolleyes

The characters Mr Wint and Mr Kidd from Diamonds are forever ...