Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PC Exclusive?! (oh, perhaps not...the article has been edited)

Default PC Exclusive?! (oh, perhaps not...the article has been edited)

Surely a mistake?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...nix-joint-ef/1

This is news of the CGI, but check out that little bit of info at the bottom:

It has been confirmed that the game is a cyberpunk prequel to the first game though and that it won't be getting a console release due to the complexity of the game.
    Am I reading this right? Is DX3 a PC exclusive? If so, it might just be the best news ever.

I don't believe that!

When is the last time Eidos made a exclusive PC game and what was it?

That would be really cool if true. Why? Well console games that are also PC games tend to be dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    I don't believe that!

System Shock is my best guess.

Honestly, I do find it hard to believe. A big-budget, high profile game in 2009 (well, 2010 more likely now!) made exclusively for the PC that isn't a MMORPG or The Sims? Crikey.

More likely (if the news is based on some truth) is the game is primarily developed for the PC, with ports to the consoles coming soon afterwards, perhaps by another dev team.

Even likelier is the news is false and the game is being developed for all platforms simultaneously. Any confirmation Rene?

Well, we do know they've stated its designed PC first, console second, but hearing this is interesting and rather reassuring.
    If you want to make enemies, take Warrens puppies

Let's wait for official confirmation from Eidos before we all jump on the Band Wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    I don't believe that!

Well Square is very different compared to Eidos, and they are the new owners of Eidos anyway. They recently published a PC only game for example. I believe this to be a misquote though. I remember one of the developers on the project saying something along the lines of "It might not make it to consoles due to complexity" or something of the sort.

Some time ago, I've come to an idea of them announcing that they're making a PC exclusive and making PC players excited (that should give them a boost in sales), but secretly developing a console version. I'm sure someone did that thing in reverse (console version first, claims that PC wouldn't handle it, then making it for the PC) but I don't remember who that was. Maybe Rene should wait with clarifying this situation?

BTW, I'd like to see what thomasaquinas would say. I'm sure he'd find something negative about it.

haha awesome!!!

I am still waiting for a propper confirmation. But if it happens this way, it is always nice to see some publishers trying to row upstream.

Where i can download DX3? Help me pleeeaaase
    you lied

They never announced DX 3 would be PC exclusive.
    They announced the game would be developed for the PCs first and after ported on the consoles, but personally that news means quite nothing second what we know about the gameplay elements, at least why they would make a game tailored for a PC ?
    They need after that to make a lot of work to adapt the game on the consoles, so they make a game that could fit on both platforms.
    -> Console style, make the game for the PC and when they put it on the console,
    -> Same game, it will be just a port, or perhaps they developed the console version already and wait just some months before releasing the console version with maybe some exclusive content.
    If you want to make enemies; just dumb something down
    The manderley song => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WnBeglPl7s

Well that'd be fantastic news if true. Sadly, as others have pointed out, it's about as likely as my random simile generator breaking and SA%R//H#1G2[@RE//.

Excellent news... let's hope it's true.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

René is offline Ex-Eidos Montréal Community Guy

Only the PC version has been announced so far. The magazine coverage we had last year were all PC: Joystick (France), PC Zone (UK), Gamestar (Germany), PC Guru (Holland), PC Powerplay (Australia), Total PC Gaming, etc. I dunno where that website is getting its info from!

Neither confirming or denying, interesting. So far then only for PC, consoles TBD! (To be decided)

Quote Originally Posted by Unstoppable View Post
    Neither confirming or denying, interesting.
    Hehe, exactly. I really love the teasing... it keeps things fun around here!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by René View Post
    I dunno where that website is getting its info from!
    one year ago Jean-François Dugas said on Edge Online:

At this point we don’t know exactly which platforms we’re going to be out on. The PC, we’ll be there for sure.
    you lied

^
    We are specifically discussing this statement (as per article link):
    It has been confirmed that the game is a cyberpunk prequel to the first game though and that it won't be getting a console release due to the complexity of the game.
    signature image

Yea but that article doesn't have a source to that specific statement. It's either a leak or fabricated.

Quote Originally Posted by Unstoppable View Post
    Yea but that article doesn't have a source to that specific statement. It's either a leak or fabricated.
    Yes, indeed. Now we can only wonder...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by René View Post
    Only the PC version has been announced so far. The magazine coverage we had last year were all PC: Joystick (France), PC Zone (UK), Gamestar (Germany), PC Guru (Holland), PC Powerplay (Australia), Total PC Gaming, etc. I dunno where that website is getting its info from!
    well, it seems to me that, at least, the pc is taking the lead role and subsequent versions will be more or less ported... as oppose to the reverse. which is good. i don't think anyone EXPECTS this to be PC only... despite how ideal it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by InGroove2 View Post
    well, it seems to me that, at least, the pc is taking the lead role and subsequent versions will be more or less ported... as oppose to the reverse. which is good. i don't think anyone EXPECTS this to be PC only... despite how ideal it would be.
    Why? It can still be a terrible game, and it can still be a great game if it is released on PC and Xbox 360 and/or PS3.
    Apparently there are people who think the best way to make
    a prequel is to contradict the thing to which it is a prequel.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer0004 View Post
    Why? It can still be a terrible game, and it can still be a great game if it is released on PC and Xbox 360 and/or PS3.
    whoa whoa, take it easy. is it not MORE encouraging that it SEEMS to be a PC based game? i'm not saying to what degree, or that anything is definitive... obviously they can screw anything up PC or Wii, sure you're right.

but no need to pooh on general, broad optimisim. i have a decent reason!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast