Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Batman: Arkham Asylum > Batman: Arkham Asylum PC Discussion

Old 11-06-2009, 12:49 AM
New Player

Question Using a common usb joypad to play BAA

Hi everybody!!!

I've downloaded and played the demo and loved it but....I can't manage to play with my simple generic usb joypad. I'm running win7 ent x64 and the joypad is perfectly installed and working with other games.
The options menu shows the diagram for the xbox controller for windows but before buying the game I would like to know if it is possibile to use a common joypad...

Some help?

tnx

benny

Last edited by bennydj; 11-06-2009 at 03:32 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Gamer

If you can find an Xbox pad emulator
Old 11-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Gamer

The game is only "suppose to" work with an X-Box 360 controller.

Try this emulator. I use it so I can play Arkham Asylum with my Thrustmaster gamepad. It makes the game think a "common gamepad" is a 360 controller.

http://virusdev.ovh.org/files/
Old 11-09-2009, 09:15 AM
New Player

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycdawg View Post

Try this emulator.
Thank you man ! Great emulator....the only two things that dont'work are vibration (tried editing some values in .ini file but..) and...Gears Of War
Old 11-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Gamer

Too bad your vibe don't work. The emulator supports it (ie. my thrustmaster gets vibe in Batman:AA). Glad the controller works for you now though.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:18 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycdawg View Post
Too bad your vibe don't work. The emulator supports it (ie. my thrustmaster gets vibe in Batman:AA). Glad the controller works for you now though.
Hey, I aslo have a thrustmaster controller and I tried some of the emulators form the link before but none of it is actually working. PLZZZZZ i' have been searching for a solution for 2days. Can u help me.

PS. sorry for my poor english, i'm from Belguim
Old 11-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serval232 View Post
Hey, I aslo have a thrustmaster controller and I tried some of the emulators form the link before but none of it is actually working. PLZZZZZ i' have been searching for a solution for 2days. Can u help me.

I used a Belkin n52 controller, with which you simply take the keystrokes setup for the keyboard and create macros for many of the moves Batman makes in the program. I got through the game twice with this and the mouse. I also just bought the xbox 360 wired controller for the pc. Perhaps biased, but for Batman AA, I feel the keyboard scenario described above was more accomodating.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serval232 View Post

Sorry if I can't help more, but the emulator I linked to above is all I use and I only figured it out enough to get it to work for me. I don't think it's foolproof though, since I can't seem to get it to work right with Bioshock (even with the same config that works for Batman:AA, weird I know).

The only suggestion I can think of with the emulator I linked to is that if your gamepad responds (at all) in the calibration tool that comes with it, then it can probably function with enough .ini tinkering. Wish there was a more solid solution like native DX_Input support.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:08 AM
New Player

how do you change the game settings in the first place to enable you to use any joypad?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Gamer

If you are using an Xbox gamepad emulator then it will detect it automatically, as if you'd plugged a real one in. You can switch between gamepad and keyboard/mouse just by pressing something on the one you want at the time, whilst the game is playing.