This guide explains how to enable AA with the Catalyst Control Centre.
Enabling AA from the Catalyst Control Centre
Please ensure you have the latest ATI drivers (catalyst9.10) installed before following these steps, these can be downloaded from http://ati.amd.com/ .Please also note that these steps will force AA for all applications that you run on your computer. Before following the proceeding steps, please ensure you have the latest 1.1 patch for Batman: Arkham Asylum. This will auto update when you log into Games For Windows Live within Batman:Arkham Asylum.
1. Right click on your desktop and select Catalyst Control Centre.
2. You should be greeted with a screen asking you whether you want basic or advanced mode, select advanced mode and then click on “Next”. If you get a Yes or No message after clicking on Ok, select yes.
3. You should now be in the Catalyst Control Centre. In the graphics settings box on the left, expand the 3D menu by clicking on the + sign beside it, and then select Anti-Aliasing from the resulting options.
4. In here, untick 'Use application settings'.
Note: The layout of this menu will differ slightly between XP and Vista as shown below.
XP Control Center
Vista Control Center
5. Alter the level and the filter depending on your preferences. You will have to experiment with the settings to see what gives you an acceptable level of performance and quality on your system.
For the very best results you will need custom settings for each application.