Thread: Thief 3 won't work on Windows 7..

Default Thief 3 won't work on Windows 7..

I've patched it to v1.1 and changed the saved game path in regedit and still when I launch the game, the hold on pointer appears for a few seconds and then dissapears.
    After that nothing happens.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I haven't a clue. To the best of my knowledge, Windows 7 has never been discussed on this forum before. You might try searching for Vista issues, which may or may not be applicable. Try all the usual affinity = 1 processor on both t3.exe and t3main.exe. Also, I just found this thread at TTLG.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=Windows

You are not alone in this problem. Apparently if you use the t3.exe from the editor, not the installed software, it may work. Please report back here if you find a solution so others can benefit.
    Last edited by Peter Smith; 09-27-2009 at 04:25 PM.
    "What we've got here is a failure to communicate", the warden (Strother Martin), Cool Hand Luke

I've worked on this for 3 hours trying to find the solution and yes I found it!
    I have Windows 7 x86 (32bit so I don't know if it's same with 64bit version)

This are the things I did:

1. I followed steps from a - c (including c) from (link deleted - PS) EXACTLY as it says!

a- First, I should mention that I’ve had UAC turned off for a long time now. I never had any trouble with malware in XP, and the UAC was actually preventing me from running a lot of my software, besides being very annoying. According to this page, it’s important that if you turn UAC off, you do it before installing the game. If you’re installing the game, you might also find this tweak guide useful.

b- After installing, I downloaded and ran the Thief Deadly Shadows v1.1 patch.

c- I don’t think that this is any part of the fix, but I downloaded and installed John P.’s Thief Deadly Shadows texture pack.

2. I replaced t3.exe with T3.exe from Thief 3 Editor pack. Download it here (you need to register to download the file)

3. I then right clicked the T3.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> Set the compatibility mode to Windows XP Service pack 2.

4. I right clicked again and ran the application as administrator.

Finally it worked.
    Hope it helps!

Cheers
    Last edited by Peter Smith; 06-03-2011 at 08:24 AM. Reason: deleted link to crack site

I have recently purchased a "Thief complete collection" DVD and I can confirm that Thief 3 works fine on the following system without any tweaks, patches and fixes

Phenom 2 940BE @ 3.8Ghz
    8GB DDR2 1066
    Asus M4A78 PRO (AMD 780G chipset)
    XFX Radeon 4850 1GB
    Windows 7 64bit (build 7600)

cheers

Thank you manu rule i done it Geuss what IT WORKED! THX FOR SHARING THAT WITH US Hope They patch a multiplayer one (like team get loot whatever) so aDD me!

Ok thx man really i was really pissed that i cant use it it my FAVriot game and i got sad i broke my macbook lol and now u saved my life thx man

G2G play some game for 26.mins now becuse am extracting oh and razor1911's crack it was a crack it dont work u have game u just do what luolanyrkkii said i dont have but my dad said it will (He is sony manger am rich!!!!! he did not fix he dont have time)

I told my friend done it and It ses failed to start error:File not found) Why that

Omg i go to go off i went back on and it dont work same error as my friend flopped like shet!

ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Last edited by Xcom; 12-15-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: this isn't twitter

Hi,
    Thanks for sharing, but it doesn't work somehow. I can open the game, I even finished the training but now it keeps locking. I can move the mouse but can't click anywhere, and sound is in loop.
    "Not all shadows are cast by light, some are cast by darkness."

Thanks, it is solved.
    "Not all shadows are cast by light, some are cast by darkness."