Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 208

Thread: Eidos Interactive announces the Prey in the Darkness Map Pack

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    423

    Default

    I’m grateful for free maps but I’d be willingly to pay for something more. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 has great replay value. They’re even working on new characters to download. You can start a new game with all upgrades and characters and the online co-op I hear is fun, haven’t tried it yet cause I’m updating my characters. I beat AA on normal and haven’t touched it since. Can we at least get costumes or added story parts?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    A message from Eidos Interactive....



    So just to clarify - this DLC isn't available on PC, and as far as I know there are no plans to release it on PC. It is only available on PS3 in the US but is available for PS3 and 360 in Europe.
    can we at least get the reason for this?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Land of the wurst.
    Posts
    2,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarleyMon81 View Post
    Was this announced on the 360 ticker? I looked at it last night and it was just advertising the Insane pack.
    It was advertised on the 360 ticker in the US? Oh man. Let me... er... talk to some people about that tomorrow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hall E Woode View Post
    So does the U.S. 360 crowd eventually get it? Or no?
    Can't sugar coat this one, I've been told no.

    Sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner77 View Post
    As excited as i am to read this, i can already picture the 100 threads about 360 not getting it...
    Yeap

    I know a lot of people will be frustrated, and that's OK if you want to voice your opinion but please try and keep the threads worthwhile.

    Quote Originally Posted by SammiiDoogles View Post
    Just a warning before anything does go down, Try and keep this thread clean, i don't want this ending in a console war...
    Cheers mate

    Quote Originally Posted by MarleyMon81 View Post
    Just looked at the release again and am I reading this correct. It will only be available to those 360 owners in Europe? No 360 owners in the U.S. will have access to the DLC?
    PC - No DLC
    PS3 - Europe and North America
    360 - Only Europe, not North America
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Land of the wurst.
    Posts
    2,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatJack View Post
    can we at least get the reason for this?
    I'll get a statement for you as soon as I can. (I wasn't personally involved in the decision or anything so I can't really say myself).
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    It was advertised on the 360 ticker in the US? Oh man. Let me... er... talk to some people about that tomorrow.
    No Keir, I was asking if it was ever announced on the U.S. infocast. Other posters were talking about seeing it but I wasn't so I was wondering why. Obviously now it's because they were European gamers.

    Now you could always little white lie to the powers that be and say U.S. 360 gamers are seeing the announcement on their infocast so it would only be right to release it to them too...


  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I guess there is "no plans" for US version for the 360,right?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatJack View Post
    I guess there is "no plans" for US version for the 360,right?
    That's what Keir posted. Oh well.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    489

    Default

    I'm starting to feel ripped off.

    I swear, I woulda bought a PS3 if I had known you guys at Eidos favored the PS3.

    Though, I kinda wonder... This smells like an MS thing. I mean, why would it be available in Europe on Xbox Live?

    Oh well. Next generation that comes along, I'm leaving Microsoft. Till then, I'll have to live vicariously through my PS3 friends and imagine how great the new DLC is.

    Please, Eidos, let all future DLC be for all regions and consoles. I promise, if you do this, the next time the generation leaps, I will go the Playstation route.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Kind of sucks but I'm not all that PO'd about it. Still love the game, wouldn't have minded some more DLC but with it being Challenge Maps, they're basically different places.

    Now if it was a story add on that might make me a little more irritated.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hall E Woode View Post
    Though, I kinda wonder... This smells like an MS thing. I mean, why would it be available in Europe on Xbox Live?
    Isn't MS based in the US? I'm pretty sure...so I don't have a clue why it would be avail only in Europe...sorry to PC users and 360 folk.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Land of the wurst.
    Posts
    2,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatJack View Post
    I guess there is "no plans" for US version for the 360,right?
    Yeah, I'm afraid.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Luck for me that I am living in Europe. Sorry for all those who are not able to get it.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    296

    Default

    I heard this already went up on xbox live for some people, how come us psn guys are still waiting? are they allowed to break the release date for dlc like that?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Ha, I guess those who were saying the next DLC was PS3 only were right in terms of the U.S.

    Joker exclusivity didn't bother me. It was a one time deal (I thought), a promotional thing. Made sense. This stings, though. We're now officially second class. No offense to our PS3 friends, not your fault.

    Favoritism sucks.
    Please, Eidos, let all future DLC be for all regions and consoles. I promise, if you do this, the next time the generation leaps, I will go the Playstation route.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hall E Woode View Post
    Ha, I guess those who were saying the next DLC was PS3 only were right in terms of the U.S.

    Joker exclusivity didn't bother me. It was a one time deal (I thought), a promotional thing. Made sense. This stings, though. We're now officially second class. No offense to our PS3 friends, not your fault.

    Favoritism sucks.
    Its not favoritism, this is business. Unfortunatley the only way around it is to get both consoles. Complaining wont get you anywhere.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27

    Default

    This is an outrage some of you may be taking the turn the other cheek stance but im not.
    How many of the 2.5 million or whatever units sold belong to U.S. customers purchasing for the Xbox360 first Joker now this as a long time buyer of Eidos's products i can officially say unless this has to do with Microsoft U.S. bull you have just lost a loyal customer.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stubs182 View Post
    Its not favoritism, this is business. Unfortunatley the only way around it is to get both consoles. Complaining wont get you anywhere.
    Just expressing my opinion.

    And not all of us have the luxury of spending hundreds and hundreds on videogame consoles.

    Just saying, this makes me wish they had just made this for the PS3 and been done with it. Then I would've known, "Oh, this is a game intended for the PS3." And I would've saved up the $500 to buy a PS3 (because that's how much the console cost at the time). I'm not going to waste more money on another system now, not until the next generation.

    You're right, my words won't make anything happen. I'm just saying...this sucks.
    Please, Eidos, let all future DLC be for all regions and consoles. I promise, if you do this, the next time the generation leaps, I will go the Playstation route.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27

    Default

    So what's next Eidos Thief 4 with an exclusive code for PS3 users to use Garrett or classic maps redone for the next generation..ridiculous

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hall E Woode View Post


    This is souring my experience with the game a smidgen, or rather, the companies. It seems Eidos is trying to push us towards PS3. If you're going to make it exclusive, just release it for one console. Jeeze.

    It ticks me off, too, because this game is the whole reason I got a 360. Had I known a year ago that Eidos had a thing for PS3, I would've saved up more and gone with PS3.
    Damn dude, that really sucks.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Keir,can you confirm there is a "connection" between
    No PC DLC and no US 360 DLC?

    maybe there is some deal with Sony about that DLC?

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hall E Woode View Post
    Just expressing my opinion.

    And not all of us have the luxury of spending hundreds and hundreds on videogame consoles.

    Just saying, this makes me wish they had just made this for the PS3 and been done with it. Then I would've known, "Oh, this is a game intended for the PS3." And I would've saved up the $500 to buy a PS3 (because that's how much the console cost at the time). I'm not going to waste more money on another system now, not until the next generation.

    You're right, my words won't make anything happen. I'm just saying...this sucks.
    Sorry but you did say it was favouritism and either way you look at it thats wrong, it is not favouritism, Everyones just out to make money. I respect your opinion though but Im just trying to explain the situation from a business perspective because thats what this is business. Also i disagree that spending money on either console is a 'waste' as you put it. You wont miss out on any more exclusive dlc or games and both consoles have both been dropped in price and are pretty awesome imo. Because you can be pretty sure this isnt going to be the last time exclusive dlc comes around

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stubs182 View Post
    Sorry but you did say it was favouritism and either way you look at it thats wrong, it is not favouritism, Everyones just out to make money. I respect your opinion though but Im just trying to explain the situation from a business perspective because thats what this is business. Also i disagree that spending money on either console is a 'waste' as you put it. You wont miss out on any more exclusive dlc or games and both consoles have both been dropped in price and are pretty awesome imo. Because you can be pretty sure this isnt going to be the last time exclusive dlc comes around
    Sure, but what I'm saying is, this is the only game I'm really interested in. So, to buy a PS3, to get a few other pieces of DLC for this game...it's not a wise use of money. If I was rich, hey, who cares? But, I'm not.

    Normally I don't care about DLC. But this game is responsible for bringing me into the current generation of consoles. So, I don't care what other games are exclusive, have content, whatever. The only reason I went to the 360 a year ago was because of this game, and my wife decided to bless me early by spending her money on a surprise birthday present, with an Xbox 360. (Yes, my wife is hot, in more ways than one. )

    Anyway...I dunno, I'm just bummed. Business, favoritism, whatever...it sucks. I just wish someone would've said, "You're gonna want to get this for the PS3" when it was announced.
    Please, Eidos, let all future DLC be for all regions and consoles. I promise, if you do this, the next time the generation leaps, I will go the Playstation route.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27

    Default

    This doesnt sound like favoritism to me it sounds like MS U.S. wanted to charge for the DLC and Eidos disagreed why would it be released for the E.U. and A.U. users and not the U.S...sounds fishy to me...

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett21 View Post
    This doesnt sound like favoritism to me it sounds like MS U.S. wanted to charge for the DLC and Eidos disagreed why would it be released for the E.U. and A.U. users and not the U.S...sounds fishy to me...
    I agree, given M$ previous issues with free dlc I think its very likely that this is the reason US 360 owners are getting left out. I dont wanna acuse M$ of being greedy but well, Im gonna anyway. I really dont see any other explanation for this

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stubs182 View Post
    I agree, given M$ previous issues with free dlc I think its very likely that this is the reason US 360 owners are getting left out. I dont wanna acuse M$ of being greedy but well, Im gonna anyway. I really dont see any other explanation for this
    so that's why there is no PC version too?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •