Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Batman: Arkham Asylum > Batman: Arkham Asylum PC Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-19-2009, 12:48 PM
caluzo caluzo is offline
New Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
Default Problem: SecuLauncer 9000

Hi at all,

i need one hand to resolve this problem, when i try to launch, from the icon Bmlauncher, batman arkham appears a window to say: "Seculauncher: failed to start application [9000].

I installed all the patches but the problem isn't resolved

Thanks.
  #2  
Old 09-19-2009, 03:07 PM
caluzo caluzo is offline
New Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
Default

  #3  
Old 09-19-2009, 03:23 PM
BloodSplater Artist BloodSplater Artist is offline
New Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
Default

How about you buy a copy of the game instead of downloading a cracked game

It must take balls to ask the developers for help after you stole from them
  #4  
Old 09-20-2009, 05:44 AM
TheAnonymous TheAnonymous is offline
New Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSplater Artist View Post
How about you buy a copy of the game instead of downloading a cracked game

It must take balls to ask the developers for help after you stole from them
That's a major assumption to be making. The keyword of what I am talking about is cracked. People crack their legal copies of the game. You cannot assume that because someone is using a crack, that they did not buy the game. A majority of people dislike activations or disk checks (swapping disks to play games for example). I'm not encouraging piracy or the use of cracks, but cracking the game does not automatically mean you have pirated it.
  #5  
Old 09-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Inzane Inzane is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: don't ask
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnonymous View Post
That's a major assumption to be making. The keyword of what I am talking about is cracked. People crack their legal copies of the game. You cannot assume that because someone is using a crack, that they did not buy the game. A majority of people dislike activations or disk checks (swapping disks to play games for example). I'm not encouraging piracy or the use of cracks, but cracking the game does not automatically mean you have pirated it.
BTW why use a crack when it causes all the errors and hidden glitchs. If it was any other Game I would maybe agree with that, but not in this case. This game runs best not using the cracks. This is common sence. So sorry your argument does not hold water friend.
  #6  
Old 09-20-2009, 01:08 PM
TheAnonymous TheAnonymous is offline
New Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
BTW why use a crack when it causes all the errors and hidden glitchs. If it was any other Game I would maybe agree with that, but not in this case. This game runs best not using the cracks. This is common sence. So sorry your argument does not hold water friend.
Because a majority of fixes are problem free. A few bad apples pop up once in a while. My argument was that using a crack does not mean you're a pirate. Your statement does not really deflect this. Because this person tried to use a fix and it was bad, does not mean he is using it because he stole the game. One of the users on here made that mistake calling him out as a software pirate. A lot of people have legitimate reasons to crack their games on their legit copies, as I explained above.

Note to moderators: I am not encouraging or advising to pirate or crack games.

Last edited by TheAnonymous; 09-20-2009 at 01:12 PM.
  #7  
Old 09-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Inzane Inzane is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: don't ask
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnonymous View Post
Because a majority of fixes are problem free. A few bad apples pop up once in a while. My argument was that using a crack does not mean you're a pirate. Your statement does not really deflect this. Because this person tried to use a fix and it was bad, does not mean he is using it because he stole the game. One of the users on here made that mistake calling him out as a software pirate. A lot of people have legitimate reasons to crack their games on their legit copies, as I explained above.

Note to moderators: I am not encouraging or advising to pirate or crack games.
The 9000 error is known only to the pirated copies. So again your argument is a fail. If he owns the game legaly than use the exe supplied with the game. its the only way to avoid these errors. There are tons of triggers hidden in the game. If he still has errors After putting the original exe back, than post away we will be glad to help. But don't waste the devs time and this boards time with this nonsense with errors related to cracked software. We are not here to help them make a better crack, as for a few bad apples 1 week before the game was released, the fourm was flooded with idiots asking for help with their pirated copies. So it is more than a few bad apples. anyway useing a crack is in violation of the TOS. So don't ask for help with cracked games.
  #8  
Old 09-21-2009, 02:14 AM
matches81 matches81 is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
The 9000 error is known only to the pirated copies. So again your argument is a fail. If he owns the game legaly than use the exe supplied with the game. its the only way to avoid these errors. There are tons of triggers hidden in the game. If he still has errors After putting the original exe back, than post away we will be glad to help. But don't waste the devs time and this boards time with this nonsense with errors related to cracked software. We are not here to help them make a better crack, as for a few bad apples 1 week before the game was released, the fourm was flooded with idiots asking for help with their pirated copies. So it is more than a few bad apples. anyway useing a crack is in violation of the TOS. So don't ask for help with cracked games.
Just wanted to point out: According to SecuROM support, error code 9000 indicates that a drive emulation software was detected, nothing more and nothing less. (https://support.securom.com/faq_dc.html, see 3.2) So, while this probably happens to people using the pirated version of the game a lot, it is by no means sufficient proof that the OP is one of them, nor does it prove he uses a crack. He might just use some drive emulator for some other (perhaps totally legal) purpose or there's some other reason for that error to pop up. Only the OP knows for certain.
If I ever had a problem with SecuROM not recognizing my game disc, for example, and posted that here, I'm pretty sure I'd have to look forward to quite a few people accusing me of piracy for no good reason at all... and I'm sick of that. Ever heard "benefit of the doubt"?
If you don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything. Leave it to the mods to decide whether someone's a pirate or not.
  #9  
Old 09-21-2009, 03:59 AM
TheAnonymous TheAnonymous is offline
New Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
The 9000 error is known only to the pirated copies.
I have a legitimate copy of the game and for reasons I cannot say on this board, I know this does not only apply to pirated copies. For I have encountered this error once but have since fixed it, under legal methods. Again, to save my butt from any violation of the ToS, I can't explain. But I slapped down $70 CDN for this game. Pirated copies of games are at first ripped from pre-retail copies, but eventually are ripped from genuine copies from a store. A pirated copy of the game right now will have the same file structure as a genuine copy. Not a week ago, but this applies to now. Meaning any errors caused is caused by user error, general system error or possibly a bad crack (which can be applied to legitimate copies). But, the person could have cracked either an illegal or legal copy. Which is what I am saying: don't automatically assume the person is a pirate. People crack their legitimate copies to skip the hassle of activation procedures and disk checks. As matches81 pointed out, this error is not exclusively caused by stolen copies or cracks.

Quote:
If he owns the game legaly than use the exe supplied with the game. its the only way to avoid these errors.
He can choose to use a cracked .exe which is most of the time problem free to bypass CD checks or activation procedure hassles. Which a lot of people do to their legitimate copies of their games.


Quote:
There are tons of triggers hidden in the game.
Like what?

Quote:
But don't waste the devs time and this boards time with this nonsense with errors related to cracked software
Which, this "cracked software" is not always applied to illegal copies. Which is all I am arguing.

Quote:
We are not here to help them make a better crack
Never argued against this.

Quote:
So it is more than a few bad apples
Your statement doesn't prove that it is more than a few bad apples. They could have been using the exact same crack on their copies that happened to be bad. If it's a week before game release, it is obvious it is a pirated copy. After the games released? It is also likely to be a legitimate copy that is cracked. Which is what I am arguing.

Quote:
.So don't ask for help with cracked games.
Never said otherwise. My argument is that cracked copy does not = illegally stolen copy.

Last edited by TheAnonymous; 09-21-2009 at 04:24 AM.
  #10  
Old 09-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Inzane Inzane is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: don't ask
Posts: 218
Default

My argument is dont ask for help when you used a crack. legal or not legal. put the stock Exe back in.
If problems still happen. post away.
matches81 I see what your saying....ahh if I recall a drive emulator is used to run ISOs of games and other copied software right? So it is not the original store bought copy right? I hope you see where I am going. so If you having problems with that, Take a hike buddie again stop bothering the board with requests to fix a copied game. If you don't want this problem use the original cd. the devs are not here to make copies run as orignals. use your heads. just don't ask. If your using it stock out of the box .as is and your haveing problems ,ask for help.
Please stop insulting the intelligence of this board with this argument of stupity. your argument is like Taking the round tires off a car and putting square ones on and complaining to the engineers they screwed up, because the car won't move and you want them to make it run with square wheels. Do you not see this?? This is a stuipid argument. Its a fail all the way down the line.
  #11  
Old 09-21-2009, 11:17 AM
TheAnonymous TheAnonymous is offline
New Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
My argument is dont ask for help when you used a crack. legal or not legal. put the stock Exe back in.
I agree with you. I haven't argued against this

Quote:
hh if I recall a drive emulator is used to run ISOs of games and other copied software right? So it is not the original store bought copy right
You should recognize that emulation software can be running in the background as part of other software. For example, Alcohol 120% is a legitimate, legal program to create and run image files like .ISO's but has certain emulation fixes included that might be enabled by default. Note that people compile image files like .ISO for many reasons, such as backing up multiple free software programs when you format the disk to install them back without having to re-download them. It doesn't mean they are using the software to run an illegal copy of the game. It's not only for game software. He could have a legitimate program like Alcohol 120 happen to be running that he uses for legitimate purposes when trying to launch the same. If you simply have the Alcohol 120 driver installed, it can potentially conflict with SecuROM, for example. It's bad practice to assume that the said person is using it for running or creating pirated software. Also note that people make backup copies of their legit copies of their games into image files onto their hard disks as a backup. In case they scratch the disc, for example. He could have been running off of his image copy off of legitimately bought copy of the game. The legality of making backups of your legitimately bought software I am not going to get into, because that is not my point. My argument is also not about the validation of his reasons to ask for help. My argument is that it is false to assume he is running an illegal copy of this game.

Quote:
Taking the round tires off a car and putting square ones on and complaining to the engineers they screwed up, because the car won't move and you want them to make it run with square wheels
That's a false description of my argument. I didn't say it is valid ask for help or blame the developers if you cracked the game or pirated the game. I am saying that it is false to assume that a person is a pirate just because they used a fixed EXE. You didn't assume this, but one of the users here did and I was simply pointing it out.

Last edited by TheAnonymous; 09-21-2009 at 11:23 AM.
  #12  
Old 09-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Inzane Inzane is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: don't ask
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnonymous View Post
That's a false description of my argument. I didn't say it is valid ask for help or blame the developers if you cracked the game or pirated the game. I am saying that it is false to assume that a person is a pirate just because they used a fixed EXE. You didn't assume this, but one of the users here did and I was simply pointing it out.
I was using that statment as an example of the thought process some have, It was not directed at you. I know many legit users crack their software. But this is the stone wall they will face. As for Drive emulators, they can be diabled. Problem solved. also to show you, even the legit game backup community won't even touch this game with a 10 foot pole. To get the best out of this game its better to run it stock. and people need to stop crying about these issues. they will fall on deaf ears.
  #13  
Old 09-22-2009, 06:30 AM
matches81 matches81 is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
matches81 I see what your saying....ahh if I recall a drive emulator is used to run ISOs of games and other copied software right? So it is not the original store bought copy right? I hope you see where I am going. so If you having problems with that, Take a hike buddie again stop bothering the board with requests to fix a copied game
a) Drive emulators are used to mount images of discs. That's it. Anything beyond that is purely speculation on your part. Some people use it to test compilations they made etc etc... there are legal applications for that kind of software.
b) I have a problem with your attitude, yes. You take one bit of information (in this case: Pirates probably experience the SecuROM error 9000) and continue from there without any proof to accuse the OP of being a pirate. Ravens are black, yet not all black birds are ravens, right?
c) I never bothered the board with "requests to fix a copied game".

As for the rest of your posts: Noone here ever argued that the devs should care whether a cracked version of the game has issues or not.
  #14  
Old 09-22-2009, 06:45 AM
jaycw2309's Avatar
jaycw2309 jaycw2309 is offline
Inside Man
Eidos Official
 
Join Date: Apr 1998
Location: Wimbledon
Posts: 3,668
Default

I use drive emulators all the time as i need to test code without burning discs sometimes. So there are legit reasons for the software. For this reason i dont do a check for emulation tools when i encrypt the exe. Why the person is getting the error is possibly for another reason and the system is falling back on a generic error. Altho looking back looks like it was just a dll file that sorted it..

Update - appears that you guys may have been using a pirated version after all as the msvcr71.dll file is a known requirement of the crack NOT of the main game itself..
__________________
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
Twitter: @jaywalker2309
- My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Last edited by jaycw2309; 09-23-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.