Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Batman: Arkham Asylum > Batman: Arkham Asylum PC Discussion

Old 09-16-2009, 08:16 PM
New Player

Default GFWL sucks, thanks for screwing paying customers!

Thanks to the garbage that is GFWL I'm only able to play my game about 5% of the time. The other 95% the stupid game stalls at the GFWL login and doesn't move. I know my account works fine, because i can log into it from outside of the game 100% of the time.

Even worse i can't just get rid of the because i can't save without it. Whose stupid decision was it to force people to use GFWL to be able to play the game?

Way to over paying customers.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:24 PM
New Player

I could not agree more. I am immensely pissed at GFWL. Makes u sit there while it does pointless , and then try and dl the 1.1 patch and fail at the end. It is such a pile of crap, who's smart idea was this?

I cant even play the game because u also decided to only distribute the patch through GFWL crap, and it is GFWL's great idea to not let you play the game EVER without the god damn 1.1 patch.

I was totally looking forward to this game, if i would have known it came with GFWL i would have just torrented it and saved myself the trouble.

So if there is any link that possible removes GFWL or actually patches the game and works plz do tell.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Gamer

Even if you got it to work it would just crash at the Gordon Glitch
Old 09-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rogue- View Post
I could not agree more. I am immensely pissed at GFWL. Makes u sit there while it does pointless , and then try and dl the 1.1 patch and fail at the end. It is such a pile of crap, who's smart idea was this?

I cant even play the game because u also decided to only distribute the patch through GFWL crap, and it is GFWL's great idea to not let you play the game EVER without the god damn 1.1 patch.

I was totally looking forward to this game, if i would have known it came with GFWL i would have just torrented it and saved myself the trouble.

So if there is any link that possible removes GFWL or actually patches the game and works plz do tell.
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95819

Plus if you don't care about PhysX you don't need the patch and you don't need to ever login to Live.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coca Cola Company View Post
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95819

Plus if you don't care about PhysX you don't need the patch and you don't need to ever login to Live.
And, if you don't care about the game you could just look at the box art for a while! Seriously, why is turning off the system selling features even an option? (Not aimed at Coca Cola, but at the Devs. CC is making a legitimate suggestion for getting past the problem, even if its one that shouldn't need to be made in the first place).
Old 09-18-2009, 10:37 AM
New Player

Personally I love live's friends/acheivment/update intergration. I only buy multiplatform games on PC if it has GFWL else i buy the xbox/ps3 versions.

Yeah i know it causes SOME vocal people problems but I can only speak from experience and i have RE5, DOW II, fallout 3 and GTA IV on GFWL and never had a single live related problem...

I've had Arkham for an hour and updated to 1.1, full physx turned on and its running great.

Hope you get your problem sorted
Old 09-18-2009, 10:58 AM
New Player

It crashes when it tries to patch the game for me, before the patch even starts downloading. GFWL is ruining my enjoyment of the game entirely, and I'm really pissed off with the pisspoor xbox centred bloatware that it forces on legitimate customers.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Gamer

I can understand if some people like the community function, but what's bugging me is that you are forced to use it.

It shouldn't be installed together with the game, it should be a standalone optional program.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:13 AM
New Player

Why the hell, as a paying customer that has bought and owns the game do I have to be part of GFWL?

Epic fail Eidos and i will be returning the game tomorrow. Simply pathectic that i have to get the patch through windows live and sit and wait for it to download. Well that .
Either put the the patch up on your website or release the the game.

Cos what you have done it just plain wrong. I dont wahnt to be part of of a communit for xbox users. I dont want to have to get patches that ttake an age to download. I want to play MY game WHICH I bought.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmeister1981 View Post
Why the hell, as a paying customer that has bought and owns the game do I have to be part of GFWL?

Epic fail Eidos and i will be returning the game tomorrow. Simply pathectic that i have to get the patch through windows live and sit and wait for it to download. Well that .
Either put the the patch up on your website or release the the game.

Cos what you have done it just plain wrong. I dont wahnt to be part of of a communit for xbox users. I dont want to have to get patches that ttake an age to download. I want to play MY game WHICH I bought.
Translation: I bought this game, I shouldn't even have to install it! I should just insert the disc and get to play what I paid for!

I'm glad you're returning it...you sound like the kind of guy that would try to return a TV when it didn't turn on before plugging it in...

And you say you don't want to be a part of the xbox community? Hello, Microsoft owns XBOX and GFWL...so good luck with that. You can create an offline account to play the game, or you can choose not to use GFWL at all, you just can't save the game

Sorry if I sound hostile, I'm just getting sick of people creating accounts on here just to come and complain. Especially since your first post was like a "F-you Rocksteady, this sucks! Kthx bai!"...feel free to try again though!
Old 09-18-2009, 11:48 AM
New Player

THere is just a "little" problem with GFLW... it does not work in all the countries, like Steam. For example, I've to register myself at the adress of one of London pubs, becuse GFLW does not support Poland. So it's either lying and creating false profile, or not being able to play at all.

Yay for M$
Old 09-18-2009, 11:53 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis296 View Post
Translation: I bought this game, I shouldn't even have to install it! I should just insert the disc and get to play what I paid for!

I'm glad you're returning it...you sound like the kind of guy that would try to return a TV when it didn't turn on before plugging it in...

And you say you don't want to be a part of the xbox community? Hello, Microsoft owns XBOX and GFWL...so good luck with that. You can create an offline account to play the game, or you can choose not to use GFWL at all, you just can't save the game

Sorry if I sound hostile, I'm just getting sick of people creating accounts on here just to come and complain. Especially since your first post was like a "F-you Rocksteady, this sucks! Kthx bai!"...feel free to try again though!
yeah my first post was you rcoksteady, cos that is what they have done to me. You analogies are rubbish BTW. I am the sort of guy who does everything he possibly can before returning anything. In this case it fails.

You dont know me so dont make assumptions.

I know MS owns GFWL. I thinks its poor that as i currently own this game i have to get everything, that should have been in installation through windows.

as you would say "kthxbai,"

Oh and if your sick of reading these types of comment: Answer: dont read them.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Protagonist

Lol it's impossible to not read something when it's posted in a thread that I was curious as to what it said...

As I said before sorry if I sounded overly hostile, I just don't like reading people's first post with "*'s" in them...
Old 09-18-2009, 12:55 PM
New Player

Im very happy with GFWL. I get soo sad when i read people complain about the GFWL service because i feel this could kill a very good service micorsoft provides. i own several GFWL titles and i only buy games on PC with GFWL. i like the achievements, being able to talk with my friends on xbox, marketplace everything works very welll for me. I would admit, it took me a while to get the 1.1 patch thru live but once i got it, it installed no problems and my game works flawlessly. My suggestion to you would be to make a offline account to play the game to bypass live for now. but i have to disagree with you, for me, Live! ROCKS!!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:43 PM
New Player

Quote:
Lol it's impossible to not read something when it's posted in a thread that I was curious as to what it said...

As I said before sorry if I sounded overly hostile, I just don't like reading people's first post with "*'s" in them...
Well, without wanting to sound patronising, people being unhappy with something is a good reason for wanting to post. It does rather waste everyone's time to be reading posts telling others what you do or don't like them saying.

I'm glad that people are able to play the games they buy but after 15 years of gaming on PCs I am seriously thinking of giving it up. Most games I buy nowadays take so much fixing that it is just not worth bothering. Most of the recent problems for me have been with authentification systems and now with GFWL. Do the people downloading this for free get this hassle?
Old 09-18-2009, 04:08 PM
New Player

can't you just play the game without GFWL?...just hit the 'ESC' key when the logo comes up and a message will pop up stating that you will not be able to save the game unless you log into GFWL...just hit OK and be done with it...your games will still auto-save without GFWL...or does auto-save only take you back to the beginning of each chapter?

I still don't understand how to save my game when using GFWL...I see 4 open save slots but no option to manually save my games

Last edited by TitusTroy; 09-18-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
can't you just play the game with GFWL?...just his the 'ESC' key when the logo comes up and a message will pop up stating that you will not be able to save the game unless you log into GFWL...just hit OK and be done with it...your games will still auto-save without GFWL...or does auto-save only take you back to the beginning of each chapter?

I still don't understand how to save my game when using GFWL...I see 4 open save slots but no option to manually save my games
There is only auto-save and it only enables when using GFWL. It won't ever save if you aren't signed in. The 4 slots are actual game slots. So you can have 4 separate game files at once. You can't manually save though unfortunately
Old 09-18-2009, 04:57 PM
New Player

I too am pretty annoyed with GFWL. Seems like the usual MS crap that requires updates/authentication/winxp updates/.NET framework updates, etc.. just to get it to download an update that would take you 10 seconds via web browser to manually install. I don't mind using that program for communication and to look at leaderboards, but for basic things like updates, it's a piece of sh1t. AND it screwed me somehow because I _had_ a saved game w/o signing in, but now that I created a profile to get the DLC content, my saved game has magically disappeared. What trash.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:07 PM
New Player

Quote:
There is only auto-save and it only enables when using GFWL. It won't ever save if you aren't signed in. The 4 slots are actual game slots. So you can have 4 separate game files at once. You can't manually save though unfortunately
Wow really?...that sucks...I thought that the game still Auto-Saved even without using GFWL...so the game never saves anything at all without GFWL?...not at the beginning of a new chapter?...nothing?
Old 09-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
Wow really?...that sucks...I thought that the game still Auto-Saved even without using GFWL...so the game never saves anything at all without GFWL?...not at the beginning of a new chapter?...nothing?
There aren't really "chapters" in this game since it auto saves in every room you go in. No one has found a way to unlock different portions of the game.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:17 PM
New Player

Quote:
There aren't really "chapters" in this game since it auto saves in every room you go in. No one has found a way to unlock different portions of the game.
so without GFWL when you go into these different rooms it won't save at all?...no checkpoint saves whatsover?...so if you're 75% finished with the game and you exit the game, when you start the game up next time it will take you back to the beginning again?...I remember Gears of War (PC) had a similar structure where it asked you to sign on to GFWL but if you didn't it still auto-saved when hitting certain checkpoints

Last edited by TitusTroy; 09-18-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Gamer

Create an offline profile and the game will save properly.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:35 PM
New Player

^DO NOT do that unless you _never_ create an online profile. GFWL will update and delete your offline saved game if you ever create an online profile. It just happened to me.