Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Batman: Arkham Asylum > Batman: Arkham Asylum General Discussion

Old 08-28-2009, 03:22 AM
New Player

Default Xbox360 - Corrupt Save!

Hey.
I'm not a native English speaker.
I have a problem with corrupt save. I was going to Croc's Lair (still in the gardens) but I had small problem with few thugs with guns. They were killing me again and again, but save file was working back then, I was little tired with this fight so I pushed power button. I turned on my console today and... My save file is corrupted! WHY? I turned off my console like I always do. Game wasn't saving when i turned it off (there was no cicle and bats on the screen). Can I do something with this corrupted save? I dont want to start over, i was already playing 6 hours, and on HARD...

Maybe a patch is on the way?

Old 08-28-2009, 03:36 AM
The user formally know as Why_So_Serious_?

You pushed the power button while the game was running? No wonder the save file corrupted.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:39 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz-R-Us View Post
You pushed the power button while the game was running? No wonder the save file corrupted.
I was doing that with every game I own over past year, Batman is my first game with Corrupted save file problem.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:40 AM
International Man of Mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisK View Post
Hey.
I'm not a native English speaker.
I have a problem with corrupt save. I was going to Croc's Lair (still in the gardens) but I had small problem with few thugs with guns. They were killing me again and again, but save file was working back then, I was little tired with this fight so I pushed power button. I turned on my console today and... My save file is corrupted! WHY? I turned off my console like I always do. Game wasn't saving when i turned it off (there was no cicle and bats on the screen). Can I do something with this corrupted save? I dont want to start over, i was already playing 6 hours, and on HARD...

Maybe a patch is on the way?

Hi! Welcome to the forums

Sorry to hear about the problem

In case you did, please be careful not to turn off your console if the circle shows its saving in the bottom right hand corner. I think a few people may have done this by accident and if they do then they lose all their hard play!

Hope that helps.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:35 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keir View Post
Hi! Welcome to the forums

Sorry to hear about the problem

In case you did, please be careful not to turn off your console if the circle shows its saving in the bottom right hand corner. I think a few people may have done this by accident and if they do then they lose all their hard play!

Hope that helps.
I too have just turned on my 360 and found the corrupt save showing. I DEFINATELY did not turn off my 360 while it was saving. In fact I had just finished a section and decided exit it then my phone rang. Batman was standing still for like 10 minutes (so any saving would have been long completed) and then I turned off the 360... came back and turned on the xbox again and got the corrupt save.

Please don't fob off the problem thinking it's users turning off the xbox while saving. I know all about how corrupt saves happen if this occurs. If anything I am anal-retentive where making sure that I don't get a corrupt save. In Fallout 3 I have like 200+ saves.

I now take it that all the extra time I took looking for hidden riddles has now been at a loss. Well I'm so annoyed with this game after being so good that I just can't take having all my toys tossed out of the pram because the save system doesn't allow you to make multiple saves to prevent catastrophes like these. The fault lies with the designers and/or programmers for not allowing us to save more than once per slot so please don't blame the users for what is obviously a major flaw in your product.

So thank you Rocksteady for making a great game with a real enourmous fatal flaw. Here is one very unhappy customer who feels that some more thought should have been done in regards to the save procedures (even allowing 10 saves per slot would have been a lifesaver).

I tried restarting but got so damned peed off just getting INTO the start where I could begin playing again that I just turned off the game in disgust (and this is with skipping the movie sections). I've gone from loving the game to hating it... I can't even do the bloody challenges because they are locked now.

Worst Bug EVER!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:09 AM
New Player

Same here and yes it suck

And I also did shutdown when the saving circle was gone.

There are more people that have this:

http://www.google.nl/#hl=nl&source=h...f9efe7c10466b8

Please fix this problem!

Last edited by Why So Serious???; 08-29-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:09 PM
New Player

Yep, chalk me up as the latest victim of this bug. Had made the anti-Venom and was on my way to get Poison Ivy with it, made very sure that the game wasn't auto-saving, shut it off, came back to it a few hours later and... CORRUPT SAVE!

There's no way I'm playing through this whole thing again... This is ridiculous.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:54 AM
New Player

same thing just happened to me. i was in a vent on the way to croc's lair. who would have thought it would be saving in a vent?

is there anyway at all to fix this or do i just have to start over?

not really looking forward to starting over, guess i'll play Madden until Halo comes out if that is the only option.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:44 AM
Gamer

Same happened to me, twice. I was extremely pissed off, the first time it happened when I was in Arkham Mansion on the 2nd Scarecrow encounter. The last time it happened was on the Titan encounter in the Caves. Everytime I've tried to post something people have come back with idiot remarks saying that I must've turned it off while saving, its bull
Old 09-04-2009, 04:04 AM
Gamer

You guys must be doing something, I, or any of my friends, have never had this problem :\

Or is it just 360? we have PS3's O_O

Last edited by BloodLegacy; 09-04-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:48 AM
Gamer

well, I had a save dissapear on my 360, but I know for certain that It was my fault, I forgot it saves when you enter a room and I just turned it off.. Dunno bout you guys tho..
Old 09-07-2009, 12:25 PM
New Player

The game was not auto saving when I turned it off and I got a corrupt file. I am pretty sure I exited to the dashboard.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:40 PM
New Player

Me too. I was standing in the main square. Batman had been standing still for a couple of minutes. I then decided to quit, which I did, correctly, through the menu's. The game was not saving, and I did everything correctly. Next morning when I went into the game .... guess what .... its stuffed.

If anyone wants a copy of Arkham I think mine is still halfway up the street ....
Old 10-19-2009, 03:07 AM
New Player

Default Exactly the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick5150 View Post
Yep, chalk me up as the latest victim of this bug. Had made the anti-Venom and was on my way to get Poison Ivy with it, made very sure that the game wasn't auto-saving, shut it off, came back to it a few hours later and... CORRUPT SAVE!

There's no way I'm playing through this whole thing again... This is ridiculous.
Yes this is exactly where mine buggered up. It was not saving when I turned it off and it just killed hours of work to get this part of the game as well as all my unlocks and all hidden riddler trophies. I work over 8 hours a day, and its not very pleasant coming home from work finding the save file is corrupt, this used to happen all the time on the Playsation 2 with GTA San Andreas and because of this I have never played it since. This is so frustrating, I almost threw the bloody controller out of the window.

Sort it out Eidos or perhaps you should jhust stick to PC games
Old 10-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Gamer

Even their PC version of the game has more bugs than a asian prosti's . Rocksteady and Eidos are jst a bunch of lazy people.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:54 PM
New Player

so is there any update to this ??? i myself had just gotten the anti venom and was going to ivy and fell asleep one night and my girl turn my box off and when i went to play i lost it , so is there a way to download a save then upload to the game ?
Old 08-12-2011, 02:25 PM

I had a corrupt save on PC. I'm wondering why on Earth does it overwrite the former save with a corrupt one? It made all the saving and didn't let me do it. And now, when the file gets corrupted, it's telling me to delete the save file. Well, if I would've saved, I would always leave a copy of the last save. The game messes up and now I should clean up?

I'm going to find the save files and make backup of them manually before exiting the game, that's for sure.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:03 PM

Default corrupt file

lost file and i now get a freeze and black screen........all my other games work but i cant get batman to work on my 360 slim........sssssoooooooo pissed.