Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: There Will Be a New LoK!

leazy - I can't prove it's legit with a giant report, but I am 100% sure this isn't a big fat conspiracy. I can publicly see Chris Bruno's comments there (that and he never accepted my invite XD), so I'm sure it's not a lie. And I too, like you, am burning with excitement!

That is why I am urging everyone to write an email to Eidos following the instructions on the first reply I posted, this might be our only chance to get a new (and final?) game. We might be able to prove our loyalty to Kain in front of Eidos/SE.
    Last edited by VipericVampire; 08-12-2009 at 07:12 PM.
    Yes, I'm the same Viperic Vampire from YouTube, deviantART, Legacy of Kain: Prodigal Sons and my own website!

Quote Originally Posted by VipericVampire View Post
    leazy - I can't prove it's legit with a giant report, but I am 100% sure this isn't a big fat conspiracy. I can publicly see Chris Bruno's comments there (that and he never accepted my invite XD), so I'm sure it's not a lie. And I too, like you, am burning with excitement!

That is why I am urging everyone to write an email to Eidos following the instructions on the first reply I posted, this might be our only chance to get a new (and final?) game. We might be able to prove our loyalty to Kain in front of Eidos/SE.
    Well that's great stuff. You should post your info wherever you can, gamefaq's LoK boards etc, spread the word.

I am. I did it here, on the LOKPS forums, etc. Though I'm still counting on you people to do it too. I don't have 10000000 tentacles like the Elder God, so I can't do it all. Could someone post this on the NR forums, if it hasn't been done already?
    Yes, I'm the same Viperic Vampire from YouTube, deviantART, Legacy of Kain: Prodigal Sons and my own website!

I'm actually getting quite worried about all this... If they really take this script that gets send to them, then they might forget about Amy's ideas and then we get a *** ending for LoK

If they really take this script that gets send to them, then they might forget about Amy's ideas and then we get a *** ending for LoK
    I honestly don't think that if CD will ever make new LoK they will use this fan script...
    In the meantime, you'd best burrow deep.

well... what's up legacy lickers?

Well, I have talked with Chris about this (I asked if it's true that we will hear about Kain very soon) and he replied:
    I am not aware of any upcoming LOK announcements are the present.

Sorry.

~Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Sina View Post
    well... what's up legacy lickers?
    Will you please stop saying that?

Okay, okay... let me get this straight...
    Chris says he doesn't know anything about a LOK announcement.
    Eidos are only really interested in Tomb Raider, and had pretty much given up development into a new LOK game 6 months into development.
    It's now up to the fans to get the answers we want. To finish the game series and to motivate someone into doing something.

Should it really be down to the fans? I bought Tomb Raider Legend, okay, it wasn't a bad job. But shouldn't Eidos have kept the interest in existing fans for games like LOK? I felt totally betrayed by Eidos, knowing that they had dropped ebverything for it's new 'baby' (i.e. Tomb Raider.)
    Amy, now at naughtydog, is the perfect candidate to get the rights over to her company. Especially if Eidos have lost interest. But, the best thing she could have done was to take LOK with her, if it was possible.
    I have signed the petition. Like i said, with Eidos canning a new LOK 6 months into development, i felt even more betrayed.
    I'm sorry to say it guys, but i'm not holding my breath...
    There's always some sort of contradiction, i and i have been reading about it in the threads.

As long as we don't know how the story was going to end according to Amy then we won't get a satisfying product... We have either wait till CD or someone else makes the final game or win Amy for us to make the game ourselves...

I'd love for Amy and ND to do the next/last game, but she and they seem commited to Uncharted. They've had a lot of success with that game, now becoming a series. LoK is on the backburner. And the people with the rights are doing nothing with it. I can't see CD or Eidos doing anything, they seem commited to perfecting the new Tomb Raider games. I want a new LoK, but not outwith the hands of those who crafted the earlier games.

I talked with Chris again. He even doesn't know about that group on Facebook!
    I do not know about the Facebook group you mentioned. I will go take a look for it today.

I don't believe I said anything about news of a LOK news soon. I believe I did say it is an important IP and I personally hope we will have news of a game sometime in the future. And any news would be posted in the forums or in an official press release.

I can not tell you what the future will bring, but personally I am in favor of one.

Thanks for the comments.

~Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Balance Reaver View Post
    I talked with Chris again. He even doesn't know about that group on Facebook!
    Now we are officially F***ed up

RIP Legacy of Kain
    Time , unless you master it , it masters you ...

I do not know about the Facebook group you mentioned.
    *dies*

He doesn't know.
    I feel a bit like Raziel all of a sudden.
    A Pawn. Am i the only one.

Well, i've found Chris Bruno's actual Facebook account and of course it doesnt match the one that was used in Vermillion's group.

Yeh will confirm on here as i confirmed on there. Theres someone impersonating Chris not entirely sure why someone would go around pretending to be someone else.. Ahh well stranger things have happened at sea
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Default The real Chris@Crystal

Greeting,
    Sorry I am late to this thread. Thought I would check in and clarify a few things:

"I have been informed by Chris Bruno that I will "Hear something of Kain very soon"

I don't believe I ever said this to anyone.

That is not me posting on the facebook page mentioned.

I am not aware of any upcoming LOK announcements. Although like Balance Reaver posted, the LOK intellectual property is very important to Crystal Dynamics/Eidos, as are all of our IPs. If there is communication with Eidos about a new LOK game or a script, I am not aware of it.

The Legacy of Kain series is one of my very favorites, and I personally would love to see more games in the series.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

~Chris
    Last edited by Chris@Crystal; 08-20-2009 at 10:21 AM.
    Christopher Bruno ~ QA Manager ~ Crystal Dynamics ~ Mastering ~ Eidos Inc
    cbruno@crystald.com

Thank you very much Chris, that clears a lot of things.

This really has put quite some shock in me.

However, I will post what Victoria has replied to this (she sent a message to everyone in the group), just to keep everyone informed:

Dear All

Apologies if you get this twice- it sent as I was revising the final draught of the message.

Rumours are circulating that the project we are working on is fake, and it has been brought to my attention that the Chris Bruno account on Facebook was a fake one.

Firstly- the project is real.

Secondly
    We had no idea that the Chris Bruno Facebook was a fake one, and we have had correspondence with Chris Via email rather than on Facebook and assumed that his Facebook was genuine. (This means if the fake Chris Bruno was from a company trying to steal our ideas for example that they have nothing).

I question the motives of those who would make a fake account. I am both shocked and disappointed that someone would do this- they probably had way too much spare time on their hands.

I will write to Chris Bruno to confirm if this is really the case with regards to the Facebook account, and when I do get a response, I will post the email up here.

I don't know who has started these rumours, but they will gain nothing in slamming people who are genuinely after a new LoK game being made, all they will do is upset the fans who do want a game made, the consequences being that they will end up not being liked very much by the LoK community.

I am a fan of the games myself and there would be no point in me spending what little spare time I have creating a group for a fake project. What point would there be? To get a load of gaming fans angry at me? That doesn't make any sense and I'm pretty sure that LoK fans are smart enough to realise that.

I will get to the bottom of this matter as soon as possible, and I thank all of you who believe in the aims of this group- to get a new Legacy of Kain game made.

I will keep the first reply of this topic (mine) unedited until this problem gets completely solved.

Dude, give it up.

Chris has said there isn't a new game in the works and I'd believe him over some fan on the Internet any day.

I believe her ambition and enthusiasm to get another game made, but I don't for one minute believe she is getting it made herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Dude, give it up.

Chris has said there isn't a new game in the works and I'd believe him over some fan on the Internet any day.

I believe her ambition and enthusiasm to get another game made, but I don't for one minute believe she is getting it made herself.
    I'm not saying I don't believe what Chris is saying, I just want Victoria to explain everything and this to get solved. So, let's all be patient and wait until Victoria and/or Chris sort out this problem before doing anything. After all, patience has its rewards.

Thanks for stopping in Chris, though our hearts are all broken
    All I can say is, chin up guys. One day... one day..

Quote Originally Posted by leazy View Post
    Thanks for stopping in Chris, though our hearts are all broken
    All I can say is, chin up guys. One day... one day..
    There might still be hope, leazy.

Victoria got in touch with the real Chris Bruno and they're going to work something out.

Looks like I'm going to need to change the first reply again.

Victoria did get in touch with me, mainly to clarify that she had been exchanging emails with an impostor. I'm not sure what we have to work out though...
    Christopher Bruno ~ QA Manager ~ Crystal Dynamics ~ Mastering ~ Eidos Inc
    cbruno@crystald.com

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast