Page 1 of 129 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: XNA Lara Images HERE!

Default XNA Lara Images HERE!

Edit by Driber on July 29, 2011:

Thread moved from TRU forum to TR9 forum to give this awesome program more exposure

(If you post a large image in this thread, please make sure it's either scaled down to a reasonable size or post a link only so that users with slower internet connection can use this thread too. Thanks )

-------------------------------------

~Im currently updating this post.~

The majority of what is written below is not mine. I do not take credit for this posing programme nor do I take any responsibility for it.

You DON'T NEED Tomb Raider: Underworld to run this program.

On the other hand, you WILL NEED Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft XNA Framework to run it.

(If you have Windows 7 you don't need the .NET framework because it's already there by default.)

Update: version 9.7.8
    - it is now possible to move/translate bones further than the three XYZ sliders would allow: you can now use the text boxes below the sliders to manually enter values beyond the default range of +/-180.

Download The Main Program (mediafire)

Download the data packs here.

And Also

XNALara Manual - written by LaraRules81

Recapitulative thread of additional user-made (TRF) objects for XNALara

Before i forget, Carbint, made a site with their XNALara things on it.
    Link to CARBINTS site

Update: version 9.7.8

- extended Camera parameters window where it is now possible to manually change/edit all parameters of the camera:
    the location of the camera target/pivot, the distance from it, the angles of horizontal and vertical rotation (around the target/pivot) and the field of view

Update: version 9.6.1

- bug fix: XNALara no longer crashes when exporting meshes with no textures applied to them (reported by silviu_raider) - untextured meshes are still unsupported by XNALara but some custom models seem to break the rule for some reason and those lead to the crashes
    - two new aliases/synonyms for the map_Kn keyword in .MTL files are now supported/recognized: map_bump and bump (suggested by Decan)

Update: version 9.6

Update: version 9.6

- some models could not be loaded with versions 9.5.x - this is fixed now.
    - new mesh groups #28 (opaque) and #29 (transparent) which support metallic reflections AND full bump mapping including mini bump maps
    - the new mesh groups expect 6 textures: diffuse, bump, mask, mini bump1, mini bump2, enviroment texture and 3 numeric parameters: the intensity of the metallic/reflective effect (0.0-1.0), intensity of the bump effect, scale of the mini bumps maps (a single value for both textures)
    - example:

28_jacket1_0.2_0.5_16.0
    1 # uv layers
    6 # textures
    jacket_diffuse.png
    0 # uv layer index
    jacket_bump.png
    0 # uv layer index
    jacket1_mask.png
    0 # uv layer index
    jacket1_bump1.png
    0 # uv layer index
    jacket1_bump2.png
    0 # uv layer index
    environment.dds
    0 # uv layer index

Note that this effect requires shaders v3.0.

Update: version 9.5
    - true metallic shader: supported by new mesh group #26
    - the shader expects three textures on its input: diffuse, bump and environment texture (a spherical panoramic image of the 3D environment which will be reflected by the surface); plus one numeric parameter which defines the intensity of the metallic/reflective effect (ranging from 0.0 to 1.0)
    - so an example of a typical use inside the file generic_item.mesh.ascii may look like this:

26_jacket_1.0
    1 # uv layers
    3 # textures
    jacket_diffuse.png
    0 # uv layer index
    jacket_bump.png
    0 # uv layer index
    environment.jpg
    0 # uv layer index

A sample model:
    Data_MetallicExample.zip

Plus, this is the corresponding environment texture (shared by all metallic parts of the model):

Update: version 9.4

1) a major bug fix: for 2 years there had been a very serious bug in bump mapping shaders - bump mapping on posed models had never been rendered correctly at all! I spent basically the whole weekend rewriting everything related to bump mapping from scratch. It's funny that nobody has ever noticed anything . Now it's hopefully corrected...

2) OBJ models now support specular maps (the map_Ks keyword in .mtl files)
    Here's a sample OBJ model demonstrating the new functionality plus a corresponding .scene file with a set-up scene.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k29ologm6c2kd

Update: version 7.0
    - new 3D control: Shift + right mouse drag moves the camera forward/backward, i.e. moves the pivot point around which the camera rotates

Download The Main Program (mediafire)

Download the data packs here.

Update: version 6.0

- new model: Amanda's Ship (data pack Data_Ship.zip)

Note: The ship is huge (200 meters long) so please scale it download to something like 0.2 together with all other models otherwise you won't be able to place the models on the deck correctly (the required height values would be out of supported range).

Update: version 5.86
    - fixed a bug in the OBJ importer (mesh triangles flipped the other way round) - back-face culling will now finally work correctly even for OBJ models

Update: version 5.8
    - new models: albino spider (any images with the spider please put in a link!), TRU mirror/fan statues from Thailand
    - enabled back face culling

- support for custom OBJ+MTL static models:
    - sample OBJ+MTL model provided: Data_Laptop.zip, unzip this to folder data as usual
    (material parameters explained in file model.mtl)
    - OBJ+MTL features: diffuse maps, normal/bump maps, adjustable specular highlights, shadeless (self-illuminating) materials
    - texture transparency is currently not supported

Beware that the 'Save pose' command only saves the pose of the currently selected character! Use 'Save scene' to save the entire scene.

The 3D models, textures and bones used in this program are extracted directly from TRU's bigfiles using Dusans other program UnpackTRU.
    He put all the data together and wrote a program in XNA/Direct3D to render the model in 3D in realtime, utilizing my own vertex and pixel shaders.

Mouse and keyboard controls:

left mouse drag ... rotate the camera
    Shift+left mouse drag ... pan the camera
    right mouse drag ... zoom the camera
    left mouse click ... select a bone
    Ctrl+left mouse click/drag ... position model in the scene
    (Shift+) arrow keys ... precise positioning of models on the ground plane (two speeds)
    (Shift+) Alt + arrow keys ... vertical positioning of models (two speeds)
    Numpad1, 2 or 3 or Q, W, E AND left mouse drag ... rotate the bone around the X, Y or Z axis
    F2 ... camera quick save
    F3 ... camera quick load

To rotate a character, use the root ground bone.

You can choose the current camera target ("look at") from a drop-down list of predefined points of interest.

It's also possible to import and export characters' poses from/to files using the menu as well as load and save entire scenes.

Use the menu to set display/render options.

And Much More .. Enjoy!

Here's the giant albino spider data pack ...

Attention!
    Some people are arachnophobic and so when posting images featuring spiders post only links to them, not actual images or thumbnails. Thank you.

mirror 1 (Spider)
    Last edited by gitb90; 07-01-2012 at 09:54 AM.

OK! Here's something I made (nothing special though)

Last edited by chriss99; 05-11-2009 at 11:44 PM.

Here are mine, I made Lara have a "I don't want to shoot you" pose; the second one is the same as the first but I edited it in photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by gitb90 View Post
    how did u download it? when i download it it says "un able to open NXA LARA their are some missing folders. some assistence may be required"
    You have to download the other programs, XNA and Microsoft Framework (or something like that).

What was the point of quoting the pictures? Please only quote the links.
    'There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.' - Sir Francis Drake, 1587

how did u download it? when i download it it says "un able to open NXA LARA their are some missing folders. some assistence may be required"
    I needed to install Microsoft XNA Framework, so maybe that's why it won't work for you.

Also, please don't include the images in the quote, it makes the thread messy and we don't really need to see them a couple of times in the same thread. Sorry for sounding like a mod, but it gets annoying when you have to scroll down and see the same images several times...

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    brill pics, i have saved em all to my computer, hope you don't mind if i use them for my site- www.tombraider-underworld.webs.com
    Last edited by rg_001100; 03-01-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Removed [IMG] tags from quote :)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by tombraidergal View Post
    brill pics, i have saved em all to my computer, hope you don't mind if i use them for my site- www.tombraider-underworld.webs.com
    What did we just say? -.-' Please don't quote the pictures; the thread gets very messy and we don't need to see them again.
    'There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.' - Sir Francis Drake, 1587

sori, i didnt see.
    signature image

Here are mine:

Swandive:

Old Render Pose:

Kick Pose (My Favourite):

Dopple One:

Handstand - Its really wierd:
    My Beneath The Ashes Fan Site
    http://beneaththeashes.webs.com

These are mine so far:

The doppelganger is dead. 0.o

omg, the last pic made me laf soooooooo much.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    I needed to install Microsoft XNA Framework, so maybe that's why it won't work for you.

Also, please don't include the images in the quote, it makes the thread messy and we don't really need to see them a couple of times in the same thread. Sorry for sounding like a mod, but it gets annoying when you have to scroll down and see the same images several times...
    can i have a link please?

I'll get ya one

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    My Beneath The Ashes Fan Site
    http://beneaththeashes.webs.com

This post may help you.

Quote Originally Posted by tombraidergal View Post
    Go ahead I don't mind

Here's some more:

Awesome Chris! I particularly love the last one.

Thank you very much I also like the last one most (it's my current wallpaper )

Thank you very much I also like the last one most as do i
    yes i do agree, its my fave out of all 3 you posted!

Awesome job! (If only I could download it, stupid old computer )

chriss99, I love the lying down pose!

I was bored, so I made two more; one is Natla getting ready to throw a fireball while the other is Lara trying to avoid it.

This looked cool so I downloaded it to try it out. Only made one picture, but I think it came out cool.

►SεεyouɩŋΛvɑloɳ !

Quote Originally Posted by Load View Post
    This looked cool so I downloaded it to try it out. Only made one picture, but I think it came out cool.
    I love how she's casually sat down but is still dangerous at the same time; in that pose, she'll look perfect in a gangster movie!

Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    I love how she's casually sat down but is still dangerous at the same time; in that pose, she'll look perfect in a gangster movie!
    Yes! Well she has to have somewhere to go after TRU, BTA and LS. Why dont a gangster movie?
    ►SεεyouɩŋΛvɑloɳ !

Here's my latest

Cool I got into it, too...Hope you like them!

Page 1 of 129 123456789101151101 ... LastLast