Thread: Known Technical Issues and Solutions - [Please read before posting about your issue!]

Exclamation Known Technical Issues and Solutions - [Please read before posting about your issue!]

Below will be kept all known issues and a list of solutions/workarounds for Tomb Raider: Underworld.

Please check through this page regarding your issue before posting or you may find your thread locked by a moderator with a redirect to here if a solution/workaround is already known.

This thread is a work in progress (I know there is more than is listed below!), it will be updated regularly so please check back if your issue is not currently listed.

I have left this thread open for the time being. If there are issues which are not currently listed please provide a post below with a link to the thread which has information on the issue at hand which has not been addressed or where solutions to issues have been found and I will add them or at least address the issue in the thread if no solution is available.

Please do not post anything other than a link to other threads here, any posts which are describing problems (without a link) or discussing issues at hand will be deleted straight off.

If you find any information contained here is not accurate, has a spelling mistake or is just plain wrong, please send me a PM with details and I'll look in to it. Suggestions are also welcome!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Issues and Information

Problems with Midgard Serpent Chapter in Southern Mexico - Unable to jump first pit due to ramp not being up. (PC, PS3 and Xbox 360)

Workaround / avoidance information on this issue can be found here:
    (FAQ) Tomb Raider: Underworld - Southern Mexico, Midgard Serpent Chapter - Unable to jump across first pit as ramp is down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EIDOS technical support World Map :

Contact details for various technical support departments across the globe can be found here : Eidos World Map

PC Specific Issues

Tomb Raider: Underworld - System Requirements

Information can be found here: (FAQ) Tomb Raider: Underworld - System Requirements

Tomb Raider: Underworld - Supported Graphics chipsets

Information can be found here: Tomb Raider: Underworld - Supported Graphics cards

Slow/lagging gameplay when using some nVidia 6 or 7 series graphics chipsets.

More information on this issue can be found here: (FAQ) Tomb Raider: Underworld - Slow/lagging gameplay with nVidia 6 or 7 series graphics cards

Failed to initialise Direct3D

Launching the game after the Setup menu result is an error dialogue box which says "Failed to initialise Direct3D". This is generally caused by using an unsupported graphics card which falls below the games minimum requirements. Please check your graphics card is above the minimum requirements listed above.

There is also a possibility this would arise if you have an outdated version or build of DirectX installed. This also counts for those who have Windows Vista as Tomb Raider: Underworld is a DirectX 9.0c game and therefore requires that the latest version/build of DirectX 9.0c is installed.

You can download the latest version of DirectX 9 from here:

DirectX 9.0c Web Installer

Vista Users, please read! - Installing DirectX 9.0c on your system will NOT remove DirectX 10, it will simply add in the DirectX 9.0c files to the correct place so that games and applications can find them.

Could not find D3dx9_###.dll file, reinstalling may help... (Or similar filename)

Dont reinstall the game!

This is similar to the above issue where the game is trying to use DirectX to create the 3D environment but can't as files are missing. Installing the latest version of DirectX 9.0c will resolve this issue:

DirectX 9.0c Web Installer

Game crashing to desktop just after starting a new game with a generic Windows error message

It has been reported that some software from ASuS being installed on your PC can be causing a conflict with the game. The software seems to come bundled with ASuS motherboards and most people don't know it's there or have ever used it.

There are 3 main programs with this bundle, GamerOSD, Smart Doctor and ASuS Virtual Video. Attempts to disable these programs running the in background has had not effect on the issue so far however, uinstalling the software has allowed the game to run as expected. The software can be uninstalled via the Windows Control Panel : Add or Remove Programs (XP) or Programmes and Features (Vista).

Wii Specific issues

Costal Thailand - Missing Lever Issue

Saved games which can be transfered to the Wii via SD cards can be foud here:

TRU Wii Saves

A workaround on how to avoid this issue from happening can be downloaded from here:

TRU - Wii - Thailand Lever Issue.pdf

PS3 Specific Issues

Xbox 360 Specific Issues

Last edited by Eidos Support; 01-16-2009 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Added info about ASuS software,

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=83097

Link to my problem which is not listed.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by pleomax View Post
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=83097

Link to my problem which is not listed.
    The problem I'm having is constant crashes almost everytime I save a game!

Hello. I've just installed some Omega drivers. I will see if they fix or improve on the problem. I will report back soon. Thankyou.
    Last edited by Eidos Support; 12-15-2008 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Double-post - please read the information at the top regarding posting in this thread, do not post your problem here but rather create a new thread and post a link to it here. Thanks.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=84474 has happened to alot of ps3 users

Here is the link :

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=84622

My problem is that the axle in the underwater level at the beginning that is in the other cave does not appear, blocking my progress.

ELTM

both of my issues aren't listed:
    buggy level
    Last edited by Eidos Support; 01-16-2009 at 03:29 AM. Reason: merged 2 threads so removed 2nd link
    Oh hai

Default Sound problem

Pls check this link for a sound related issue. Anyone else have the same problem? http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=931892

Default Midgard Serpent

please help with a glitch in the Midgard Serpent level in Souhern Mexico?

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...583#post936583

Default PC Game Issues

There are three comments I would like to make about buggy and/or thoughtless elements of an otherwise excellent game.

Firstly, Eidos need to seriously address their packaging when selling games. The box cover was marked as requiring a "nVidia 6800+" graphics card, whereas the online FAQs put the minimum spec as a nVidia 6800 ULTRA. There is some difference between a 6800 standard and a 6800 Ultra, and buyers of the game have been given incorrect information.

The stipulation of a 6800 Ultra as a MINIMUM is remarkable on its own, as the previous Legend and Anniversary games both ran like a dream on this card maxed out at at 1600*1200 and looked fantastic. Although it is understood that there is a bug involved, nonetheless if Eidos insist on putting in additional graphical features which require latest generation cards, they should at least be switchable. I would be more than happy with "Anniversary" quality graphics if it means the game will run properly. Take note please Eidos.

Secondly, the sluggish gameplay on these cards has NOT been addressed by the 1.1 patch or the updated driver from NVidia. I am using driver version 181.22 on a 6800 Ultra card and it judders like anything, even at low settings like 640*480.

Finally, there is an unreported bug when playing in Treasure Hunt mode, it is in the passageway after Yggdrasil and approaching the Midgard Serpent level. At one point there is a pit which has to be leapt over whilst sliding down a slope. After leaping over the pit, the screen goes completely black even though the symbols for guns and health appear if you press the fire button and the viewfinder appears (showing black) if you use the camera. The ESC button does not exit to menu, the only way out is to end the task from task manager.

Thanks.

Exclamation Grr Mexico Glitch Not Mentioned

Am i the only one who has encountered a glitch in mexico which makes the puzzles (that require the jaguar heads) spin, One is fine but the other is in bits, in the air and zooming around uncontrolably at hyper speeds.
    I tried the most obvious first, reloading it, but it still does it.

Had problems with my older cards (SLI)...time for an upgrade.
    "You're gonna need a bigger boat."

Am i the only one who has encountered a glitch in mexico which makes the puzzles (that require the jaguar heads) spin, One is fine but the other is in bits, in the air and zooming around uncontrolably at hyper speeds.
    I tried the most obvious first, reloading it, but it still does it

I have the same problem! What's the fix?

when i download the game then press play it comes up with a set up, then i click ok. then it comes to do with italzing 3d failed or summert. something like that

Exclamation The same problem

I have a ati radeon 9600, i whant to know if the program work whit this video card.

Thank´s
    PD. i have the anniversary and this program run whit this video card

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb Raider-Brad Brown View Post
    when i download the game then press play it comes up with a set up, then i click ok. then it comes to do with italzing 3d failed or summert. something like that

sir,
    pl look into my problem.i've tried my level best. the link is-
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=114389
    thanks.
    pl look ASAP if possible.

you said what i wanted to said.despite all the popularity it is the worst graphic display on all the games i ever play.
    thanx

After i install TR Underworld... When i try to launch the game this error appear: "Error out of table range", "Failed to open BIGFILE.003". I have tried to install several time and nothing.

There is no such file on DVD! I find only the BIGFILE000-001-002.

The game is part of Square Enix Masterpiece collection.

Eidos what is the solution?!?!? It's very boring and very frustating and I'm very pissed off by thing that you aren't capable to make them work!!!

HELLOOOO!!!!! ANYONE HERE to answer??? Is Eidos dead?!?!?!