Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider: Underworld > Tomb Raider: Underworld - Technical Forum

Old 11-21-2008, 02:12 AM
Gamer

Default Wii Underworld problem

At the ( I guess) end of the Coastal Thailand level, all the way where you find the pedestal with the note from Lara's father to Natla, after you rotate the bridge to access the second room in which you pull open with the gauntlet, I have encountered a problem.

Right after the cinematic where Lara shows the gauntlet running out of power, I see a room with a ring at the top to swing across the water gap. There appears to be an underwater door to the left. I swing over, and then go to the left of the doorway (which is blocked by rubble) and find two ledges I can climb up on. From there, I have nothing else to do. In the PC version (so I hear) there is a lever in which Lara can grab on to the left of these ledges and pull down to open the door. There is no such lever in the Wii version. First I thought I was doing something wrong, but now I seriously think it is a flaw in the game itself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gizmoba...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gizmobain/3047081083/

Here are some screenshots showing the location of the "supposed" lever.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Gamer

Having the exact same problem. Hope somebody from Eidos can get back to us on this.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:24 PM
New Player

Question Stuck in Thailand

I too have been stuck for 2 Days in this room also. There is nothing but the Grapple ring apparent. Help!
Old 11-21-2008, 07:40 PM
New Player

Default me 3

thought i was blind ... exactly same problem here ... nice to know it's not just me
Old 11-21-2008, 07:50 PM
New Player

Ok, if this is the room you are talking about:

http://i35.tinypic.com/fqqag.png

I made a video on how to get out of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WmI83LYFWE

Last edited by Campstuff; 11-21-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:59 PM
New Player

thanks for the video .. yes that is where i figured the lever should be ... but it is not there for some reason ... even after turning off power and going back in ... i'll try starting back from an earlier save or maybe the beginning ... nothing better to do ... very strange
Old 11-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Gamer

Yeah, thanks for the vid. But as for most of us Wii Folk, that lever just isn't there. Refer to my screenshots above to see the absence of the lever. I started from an earlier save to no avail, the lever is still missing. I haven't tried restarting the level yet though.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:56 PM
New Player

Default Lever still missing

I have done all 3 new files to this point and the lever is not there.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Gamer

Thanks for trying the restarting. That was my last guess on the issue. I literally think the game is broken.

Just to connect the two, there is another forum going on about this in the Gameplay area. Here is the link.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=82944
Old 11-21-2008, 10:06 PM
New Player

Default Lever still not there.

I have restarted again 3 times on 3 files and it has ended at NO Lever each time. I am very upset with the Wii Version at this point.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:10 PM
New Player

how long is it gunna take for them to realize this issue if they have people emailing them
Old 11-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Gamer

Who knows.

If they are like any other business, we won't hear anything for at least 2 days, being the weekend.

I just feel this is a horrible mistake. Something toooo obvious that they missed.

Kinda like we got a Wii Demo version or something.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:14 PM
New Player

That's so brutal. Now I'ma be all over this forum till I get some news
Old 11-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Gamer

I have also sent an email to Eidos with links to both forums, my screen shots and the video from the other user showing where the lever SHOULD be. I will update when I hear back as well.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:50 PM
New Player

Thanks for the diligence guys
Old 11-22-2008, 07:40 AM
New Player

I called EB Games and asked them if they had heard anything, and no they hadnt. In any event, I informed them of the issue (and the proliferation of it on the internet), and told them they should probably stop selling the Wii version of the game, try to at least avoid others experiencing the sheer frustration I (and others) have...
Old 11-22-2008, 08:40 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campstuff View Post
Ok, if this is the room you are talking about:

http://i35.tinypic.com/fqqag.png

I made a video on how to get out of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WmI83LYFWE
I always figured that the game would run exactly the same for everybody. Either we all see a lever or we all don't. Isn't it just copies of the exact programming? How is it that some people see a lever right away, some see it after reloading a few times, and some (I'm in this last category) see no lever despite all the reloading?

Last edited by Julesie; 11-22-2008 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Gamer

It doesn't make sense, I know.

As far as I understand, all PC, Xbox and PS3 people see the lever right away.

Only one Wii person (that i know of) has seen the lever and that was, as he said "lots of reloading and save files etc", the rest of us Wiiers...well. We are just crap out of luck. There is always a chance that in changes in the graphics between the systems, things got out of whack. But I have been reloading my game for about 3 hours now, and I still get nothing. Just have to make it through the weekend.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:41 AM
New Player

The Wii version is made different because of the additional interaction. They simply missed something when they made it. I don't see how someone could not test run it though.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Gamer

Thanks to everyone who's tried different solutions, posted videos, or e-mailed Eidos. Looks like everyone's pretty much stuck at this point on the Wii version. Hope Eidos gets back to us by Monday...
Old 11-22-2008, 09:48 PM
New Player

Here's to Monday and HOPE.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:49 PM
New Player

Guys I got it to fix itself. I had to nearly start over cause I was too pissed to save. When I returned to the place the lever was there. Keep trying! There is hope!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Gamer

I own the wii version of the game, and the leaver is there for me.
But ive found other floors with the wii version, such as the game freezing after the mexico level. Its strange that some people have the lever and others dont, you would have thought they would have come accross this problem during testing.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:36 AM
New Player

Default No lever for me in Thailand

My son and I are both playing this Wii game. He had a lever and when I got to the end of Thailand I do not have a lever! When I was moving the blue colored tower with the gauntlet, the very last move Lara didn't have room to stand and would fall to her death. But I kept trying and when it did work, it looked glitchy. Like she suddenly shifted a fraction of an inch over and the tower moved.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:56 PM
New Player

Default My Son Found The Lever !

My 14 yr. old who has never played much Tomb Raider decided he would start a fourth file and with my guidance got to the infamous room. He opened the door & there was that lever right where one of you said it was. Jump to the other side of the room, go left, jump up 2 handholds & it was on the left. You can see it as I mentioned when the door opens. I could not believe it, I had given up. The fellow Raider was right, just keep doing new files till it works, I guess. I would still like an official answer as to why, but for now I'm under Croft Manor. Sorry I could not have an easier answer, but I am going to keep checking everyone's progress. Eidos, you still have some explaining to do!