Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: DX:HR - Image & Screenshot Gallery Archive (UPDATED 13 June 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by KaiTenSatsuma View Post
    Yup yup, as long as a "Doom 3" doesn't get pulled I'm happy.
    I mean...I know its horror FPS but...come on, at least let me tape my flashlight to stuff so I can see the hellspawn trying to ruthlessly murder me.

Though its official that enemy line of sight will be the method for IDing you, will shadows still play a part in hiding? Its obviously harder to make out who or what something is in the dark, and keeping a low profile will probably make you easier to overlook...unless the guards get flashlights as well? or maybe early enemies are unequipped (punks, invaders) for an encounter in the dark, later enemies upgrade weapons to have flashlights and endgame enemies have night vision?
    Will shadows play a role in hiding? Not technically. Will there be shadows? Yes. Will there be shadows behind cover? Yes. Will you be hiding behind cover in shadows? Yes.

If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and has the DNA of a duck, It's a duck. Whether the duck drinks coffee or hot chocolate is irrelevant.

René is offline Ex-Eidos Montréal Community Guy

Don't forget that sound propagation comes into play. Corpses and unconcious people make noise when drag them away, you know!?

That's why JC lifts and carries them.

Quote Originally Posted by René View Post
    Don't forget that sound propagation comes into play. Corpses and unconscious people make noise when drag them away, you know!?
    Sweet! That's a pretty cool feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranator View Post
    Will shadows play a role in hiding? Not technically. Will there be shadows? Yes. Will there be shadows behind cover? Yes. Will you be hiding behind cover in shadows? Yes.

If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and has the DNA of a duck, It's a duck. Whether the duck drinks coffee or hot chocolate is irrelevant.
    When I'm hiding in a dark room with nothing in front of my I should not be seen. Simple as that.

If it clucks like a chicken, walks like a chicken, and has the DNA of a chicken, it's a chicken. However, if it doesn't taste like chicken it's useless anyway.
    Apparently there are people who think the best way to make
    a prequel is to contradict the thing to which it is a prequel.

When I'm hiding in a dark room with nothing in front of my I should not be seen. Simple as that.

If it clucks like a chicken, walks like a chicken, and has the DNA of a chicken, it's a chicken. However, if it doesn't taste like chicken it's useless anyway.
    You could still get some eggs from said chicken...
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Quote Originally Posted by GmanPro View Post
    You could still get some eggs from said chicken...
    Unless its a rooster?

Then it wouldn't be a chicken
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Don't forget that sound propagation comes into play. Corpses and unconscious people make noise when drag them away, you know!?
    Well than we will not drag corpses around.. right?

On the other hand, it is not much of a problem if you have chosen to do that. Its just unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer0004 View Post
    No, it's not. Most of the time you will go against people who already have some kind of augments, like enhanced vision, so they can see better in the dark - or at least it would make sense in DX3's world. Or how about a simple object that would render hiding in the shadows useless, a flashlight? Nobody had them in DX 1 or 2, it was a bit strange. So, basically I don't think you should feel safe in a dark corner without any solid cover. Though I'd keep the hiding in the shadows option too, because maybe it could be useful a couple of times.
    Don't forget that sound propagation comes into play. Corpses and unconcious people make noise when drag them away, you know!?
    That will be a feature? Cool! Though I have to ask: why can't we pick them up? Or do we have to drag only the bigger enemies without strength augs?
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiTenSatsuma View Post
    Yup yup, as long as a "Doom 3" doesn't get pulled I'm happy.
    I mean...I know its horror FPS but...
    Doom 3 a horror FPS? That was a good joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Bel View Post
    Well than we will not drag corpses around.. right?

On the other hand, it is not much of a problem if you have chosen to do that. Its just unrealistic.
    Which part is unrealistic? If you mean that we can'tpick up bodies, I agree, it does seem a bit unrealistic but them making noise when dragged doesn't, it's a good thing they pay attention to stuff like that.
    Last edited by Necros; 01-18-2009 at 05:07 PM.
    Tabrett Bethell's films - a blog with all the info you need.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Necros View Post
    No, it's not. Most of the time you will go against people who already have some kind of augments, like enhanced vision, so they can see better in the dark - or at least it would make sense in DX3's world. Or how about a simple object that would render hiding in the shadows useless, a flashlight? Nobody had them in DX 1 or 2, it was a bit strange. So, basically I don't think you should feel safe in a dark corner without any solid cover. Though I'd keep the hiding in the shadows option too, because maybe it could be useful a couple of times.
    It would be BS if every guard in DX3 has night vision. While indeed DX3 is turning out to be one of the worst generic over the top science fiction game/movie/book released during the last ten years it would even for EM be too much to give every single police officer nightvision.
    *remembers rennaissance style*
    Oh yeah, you're right. Shadow sneaking will indeed be obsolete.

It would be BS if every guard in DX3 has night vision. While indeed DX3 is turning out to be one of the worst generic over the top science fiction game/movie/book released during the last ten years it would even for EM be too much to give every single police officer nightvision.
    *remembers rennaissance style*
    in the DX bible... there's some concept art of an MJ12 office... or lobby or something... it seemed to have a fancy chandelier and some other fancy futeristic renaissance things going on...

not that i want to re-enter a pointless conversation with this board's most outspoken "i talk like i'm playing the game right now even though it hasn't been released" voice of dissent....

but DX3 isn't turning out to be much at this point considering how little we know, though i'm sure the rest of the folks here would love to see a post where you once again list that which you definitively know is positively going to suck because... xyz "break" from DX1.

BUT. a game does not rest on these small things which you blow up. there's so much more. Let me put it this way... you could, if you wanted to, describe DX:IW in such a way that would make you think it was awesome (though we know it's a clunker) likewise i could explaine to you DX1 in such a way that you might think it sucked.

nevertheless, the reality will be as they make it, until then i really have a big problem with the idea that just because we're all big fans of DX and that we somehow should be part of the development of a new game, that we somehow SHOULD be able to affect it so that it will please US (or ME or YOU).

there is a group of people who are trying to make a great game and make you happy and deal with the industry standards and the goals set by the people funding the game...

your dissent is of course your opinion, but give it a rest. have a conversation as oppose to trying to hijack all the others

Thumbs up

Which part is unrealistic? If you mean that we can't pick up bodies, I agree, it does seem a bit unrealistic but them making noise when dragged doesn't, it's a good thing they pay attention to stuff like that.
    The part that you cant pick up bodies..

But man, you have some awesome ideas!! You rock!!

The flashlight thing is the first solid reason I've heard in favor of no shadows based stealth!

But the "why can't we pick them up? Or do we have to drag only the bigger enemies without strength augs?" is soooooooooooooo so much awesome, that i will be disappointed if it does not make it in the game.

Here we go again...
    It would be BS if every guard in DX3 has night vision.
    I didn't say every guard has it, but think about it. Most of the places we'll have to break into should belong to companies with high-tech security, so it would make sense for them to "upgrade" their security personnel with some "cheap" augs. And I also mentioned the simple wonder called flashlights. Or guns with some kind of light source. Or the guards could wear some high-tech glasses/eyewear that works like today's nightvision goggles, only they are more advanced, so you can wear them without making it obvious.
    Oh, and Mr. Doom & Gloom, don't forget, this world hasn't been thrown into "chaos" yet, it's a thriving world, so maybe we'll have more trouble getting into and out of places than in DX1.
    While indeed DX3 is turning out to be one of the worst generic over the top science fiction game/movie/book released during the last ten years
    And you know this how? We've seen a few pictures, no video footage, we have very little, basic information, some of which may already be out of date; but you can draw this conclusion. Congrats...
    Where did I say that? Here?
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    Though I'd keep the hiding in the shadows option too, because maybe it could be useful a couple of times.
    Nope, doesn't sound like that.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by InGroove2 View Post
    not that I want to re-enter a pointless conversation with this board's most outspoken "i talk like i'm playing the game right now even though it hasn't been released" voice of dissent....
    A wise choice Thats what most of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by InGroove2 View Post
    your dissent is of course your opinion, but give it a rest. have a conversation as oppose to trying to hijack all the others
    QFE

Quote Originally Posted by El_Bel View Post
    The part that you cant pick up bodies..

But man, you have some awesome ideas!! You rock!!

The flashlight thing is the first solid reason I've heard in favor of no shadows based stealth!

But the "why can't we pick them up? Or do we have to drag only the bigger enemies without strength augs?" is soooooooooooooo so much awesome, that i will be disappointed if it does not make it in the game.
    Thanks. I'm just trying to figure out how things could work in DX's world. And I got that last idea you've mentioned from simply combining the strength aug with this problem. We needed to upgrade them in order to be able to pick up heavier objects, so I thought this could be true with the bodies as well, makes sense.
    signature image

I didn't say every guard has it, but think about it. (...)
    I'm not saying you said every guard should have it, but if the idea of yours (the fact that guards will need night vision) has to work, all the guards will need it. Else we'll only be in the dark in places with high tech stuff. Which would be strange, seeing how those buildings are often the most well-lit buildings in the area.

And you know this how? We've seen a few pictures
    Which is enough. A game with such an art direction can. not. be. any. good. (for me).

Where did I say that? Here?
    Not really anywhere, it was my own conclusion.

Whats wrong with the art direction? Too different from DX1?

What we are seeing is most likely the wealthy side of the world. Before the world was thrown into chaos. All we saw was military labs and poor areas in DX1, neither of which strike me as places where extremely expensive deco would be commonplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Behindyounow View Post
    Whats wrong with the art direction? Too different from DX1?

What we are seeing is most likely the wealthy side of the world. Before the world was thrown into chaos. All we saw was military labs and poor areas in DX1, neither of which strike me as places where extremely expensive deco would be commonplace.
    Well, yes. I won't get into details here.

Let's just say it is too futuristic to my mind. And the fact that DX took place during a financial crisis doesn't mean they wouldn't actually have the technology anymore: they just wouldn't have much money to develop new ones.

DXeXodus is right, I'm not gonna bother answering...

We don't need another discussion. I just wanted to clarify my remark.

I'm pretty certain you've done that.

That concept art and screenshots look so awesome, i hope there will be also that good gameplay and Story as in DX1, i was totally disappointed about DX2, maybe they make it better this time

I believe that DX3 dystopian concept art is one of the best i've ever seen for a videogame.

I believe that DX2 was also a good game

Finally,i believe that DX3 will be the best game ever or at least will be equal to DX1......

It's nice to hear a good bit of optimism.

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast