Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: DX:HR - Image & Screenshot Gallery Archive (UPDATED 13 June 2010)

Just a bit of randomness, but in the Montreal shot, on the right hand side is a picture of a bank with a sign that reads "BANK OF MTRL." I'm not sure if anyone cares, but isn't that copyright infringement on behalf of BMO?

Nope, it's just a drawing. In the event that Eidos clears the trademark legally with BMO then it will be in the game, otherwise it would only be swapped for a fictitious bank.

wow, that's some plus-sized concept art.

and is it just me, or does the sun-burst design on the floor of the lab in that first pic look like it has the eye of providence in it's center

From the bigger screens it's obvious the in-game shots don't have AA applied. The engine supports it, why not use it?

Even if the devs say "oh noes, the engine doesn't support anti-aliasing", you can force it. Just yesterday I reinstalled Hitman Contracts and am playing with AA. Something someone said, the game doesn't support.

Don't forget that this game is only maybe 20-30% done. That's not a lot of time to get even decent screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Malah View Post
    From the bigger screens it's obvious the in-game shots don't have AA applied. The engine supports it, why not use it?

Even if the devs say "oh noes, the engine doesn't support anti-aliasing", you can force it. Just yesterday I reinstalled Hitman Contracts and am playing with AA. Something someone said, the game doesn't support.
    True but I believe that AA in game is faster then forcing it from the Nview or ATI control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwolf806 View Post
    That Sniper Rifle is one of the sexiest weapon designs I've ever seen in a videogame. EVER.
    i would do that rifle

^ I'm fairly sure that the UNATCO firearms safety handbook would advise against that
    signature image
    Something something, death and taxes. Confucius.

sometimes you just can't do things by the book.
    "Is this test to see if I'm a Replicant or a lesbain, Mr. Deckkard?" Rachel- Blade Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Augmented Cactuar View Post
    Nope, it's just a drawing. In the event that Eidos clears the trademark legally with BMO then it will be in the game, otherwise it would only be swapped for a fictitious bank.
    I read in one of the previews that EM is planning to have real-world advertisements in the game too (besides the made up brands), to make the game feel more real. That of course depends on a few things. Like can they make deals with the companies or not? It would be cool to notice a few familiar things here and there.

That would be cool I guess.

I still can't tell what half of the advertisements are supposed to be in DX1...
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

I'm afraid that these advertissements may be out of context in DX. It's supposed to happen in the future and to see things from the present day could break the feeling of being in another world, even through that world is ours.

I guess there will be mostly computer advertissements. Life Alienware in F.E.A.R.

How about futuristic versions of the things that we know now? I'd like to see how they imagine the Coca Cola bottle will look like 20 years from now and other stuff like that. Still familiar but also new at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Necros View Post
    I read in one of the previews that EM is planning to have real-world advertisements in the game too (besides the made up brands), to make the game feel more real. That of course depends on a few things. Like can they make deals with the companies or not? It would be cool to notice a few familiar things here and there.
    Yes, yes, yes!!! This is awesome. Not so much because of the feel that it will give to the game, but as the next step in the development of the games. With real life adds Eidos can gain money even from the players who pirate the game.

A bit OT but anyway: Do you guys know Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, one of the best FPSs this year? They had some real advertisements too and it worked out great. There was one moment though that stood out. In the Baptism of Fire level there was a Shell gas station. You could blow it up and when you did, the "S" flew off and only "HELL" remained. It was pretty cool.

Product placement you say?

youtube linky
    youtube linkly 2

No thanks.

If there are only a handful of real names then they will stand out and break any immersion immediately.

Ads break games and movies.

Exclamation

Here's what I think you will be able to do in Deus Ex 3. Hide behind line of sight and then deploy your mechanical/electrical tentacles. This is based on previous official concept art. Remember this is UNOFFICIAL JUST AN IDEA IN MY HEAD!

Merry Christmas and happy new year.

Not a bad idea. Reminds me a bit of that Tentacle Boss in Metal Gear Solid 4...

cyberpunk genre is about anarchism,about the meaning of privacy control,about a fictious depressed-divided-society which try to find an "escape" from its daily misery,about the social reaction,about riots against every government which insist to depress citizens removing from them every right to freedom,to choice.Thats for sure.Thats why every shot of this game looks gritty,dystopian,bleak,claustrophobic,the nightmarish New Shangai of 2027 is a brilliant depiction-at least an art depiction-of how possibly Shangai will look like in 2027.......many congratulations to DX3 art direction!

i suggest someone to read this post,just for reference for the cyberpunk genre.

some video links will follow at a next post of me......and i think that it will be appropriate for DX3 art direction members to watch them....just new ideas source........provide a very good example of what near future cities of earth will look like.....
    Last edited by deus ex fan; 12-30-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unstoppable View Post
    Here's what I think you will be able to do in Deus Ex 3. Hide behind line of sight and then deploy your mechanical/electrical tentacles. This is based on previous official concept art. Remember this is UNOFFICIAL JUST AN IDEA IN MY HEAD!

Merry Christmas and happy new year.
    Is your 'guy' hiding behind a pane of glass?

Yes, yes he is. However this was just a hypothetical example. Perhaps he moved there from above AFTER the guard passed the doorway >

Quote Originally Posted by Malah View Post
    Product placement you say?

youtube linky
    youtube linkly 2

No thanks.

If there are only a handful of real names then they will stand out and break any immersion immediately.

Ads break games and movies.
    I disagree but I see your point. I guess it's a matter of taste.

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Denton View Post
    I have made some comparison for you guys and hope EM designers will take their attention to this. Just a few examples.
    Deus Ex game is more gloominess, dark and with tints of blue of neon ligts.
    That's the authentic atmosphere of true Deus Ex. And I don't agreed with kind of glamour glittering backgrounds in art which we have here today.
    Work with lighting carefully Devs, I beg you!

Grates

Sewers

Labs
    I can't speak for the game layout, duh.

But this looks like a pretty early setting.
    You're in a lab, then a sewer.

Right up first is, the world in Deus Ex 3 isn't the same Deus Ex 1

DX1 one is the result of the stuff that is prior/during and between 3 - 1.

Look at the cities, they're flourishing quiet a lot, there is more sense of a world about to fall, kinda like the 90s to now actually, sure technology is stepping up, but centralization, something I still think is one of the biggest themes in DX has really stepped up too. So perhaps we're being shown a world still independent. Who knows, I have to agree with one thing though.

Those recolours are not -bad-. But I think provided we don't have any daytime area's you should be able to fix any issues with the brightness setting. It is a mix of gameplay - mood. Too dark and you'll be pissed off at having to over use the light, not enough and you'll wanna facepant someone onto your fist till your eyes stop bleeding.

But they look like they're hiding a lack of detail, light lets you show off detail, and detail does = immersion.

You can probably just adjust the gamma in the game options to suit your own visual style of play...

Quote Originally Posted by rhalibus View Post
    You can probably just adjust the gamma in the game options to suit your own visual style of play...
    Yup yup, as long as a "Doom 3" doesn't get pulled I'm happy.
    I mean...I know its horror FPS but...come on, at least let me tape my flashlight to stuff so I can see the hellspawn trying to ruthlessly murder me.

Though its official that enemy line of sight will be the method for IDing you, will shadows still play a part in hiding? Its obviously harder to make out who or what something is in the dark, and keeping a low profile will probably make you easier to overlook...unless the guards get flashlights as well? or maybe early enemies are unequipped (punks, invaders) for an encounter in the dark, later enemies upgrade weapons to have flashlights and endgame enemies have night vision?
    Last edited by KaiTenSatsuma; 01-13-2009 at 09:42 AM.

Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast