Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: DX:HR - Image & Screenshot Gallery Archive (UPDATED 13 June 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranator View Post
    Sorry man, but EM hasn't said a word on this. maybe jordan can tell you, if you can...persuade him.
    Any particular suggestions for a bribe? I'm a student, and very poor. However, that doesn't rule out special favors...

Quote Originally Posted by mackingu View Post
    Any particular suggestions for a bribe? I'm a student, and very poor. However, that doesn't rule out special favors...
    Box o' cookies?

^^

EM has got to put that in the game somewhere.
    Last edited by GmanPro; 11-30-2008 at 10:03 PM.
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

They must put that box, let's harass René so that he conveys our message!

About the music actually I know a little but I really can't say anything as you might expect.

I had the opinion of an important guy from the EM staff who thought it was really good, and I trust him. However I didn't get the chance to listen to it.
    "The year is 2027"

Default unkown character

Has anybody noticed that the unknown character looks a lot like Agent 47. Just a thought.

Has anybody noticed that the unknown character looks a lot like Agent 47. Just a thought.
    Because he's bald and white?

Yeah, maybe a little...
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Default Wow!

I have never been here before, but I love Deus EX 1 & 2. Am I to understand that a third installment is coming out? Please tell me it is TRUE. WOOHOO!

I have made some comparison for you guys and hope EM designers will take their attention to this. Just a few examples.
    Deus Ex game is more gloominess, dark and with tints of blue of neon ligts.
    That's the authentic atmosphere of true Deus Ex. And I don't agreed with kind of glamour glittering backgrounds in art which we have here today.
    Work with lighting carefully Devs, I beg you!

Grates

Sewers

Labs

Yup, i agree with you IH, your pics are great. But the artists have to create their own stuff and if you want to play Deus Ex go play Deus ex, this is a new game and some like that. Never mind the game is called Deus Ex, the artists must express themselves. They cant copy the style of the original.

Darkening the lighting isn't copying the style of DX1. Its just making it look better.

I'm sure that DX3 will have its share of dark and "traditional" style cyberpunk areas. Maybe they want to create a juxtaposition between the bright daytime areas early on in the game and the darker areas later as the mood of the game also darkens... Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GmanPro View Post
    ... Maybe they want to create a juxtaposition between the bright daytime areas early on in the game and the darker areas later as the mood of the game also darkens... Something like that.
    Yes, that would be perfect, imo.

Isn't that what the Brightness slider in the Video options is for?

Very dark environments are difficult to balance for a developer, because you have to take in consideration every monitor and TV possibility. I think the current environments are good enough for people to see where they're going, if someone wants a moodier game they can simply lower the brightness IMO.

Although I have to agree with you on one point. Green seems to be the theme color used for the lighting and I don't agree with this decision, it should definitely veer toward blue, or a mix of both. With the current atmosphere I would feel like I am watching Fight Club or Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulin.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Bel View Post
    They cant copy the style of the original.
    Yes, but, actually we talk about Deus Ex - more than just unique game. And... Among others things I must admit, I've been somewhat disappointed with the performance of the... Fallout 3. Bethesda has killed the atmosphere. Bad tendency these days.

No. I like the lighting the way it is in the concept art.

Those recolours look like ass.

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Denton View Post
    I have made some comparison for you guys and hope EM designers will take their attention to this. Just a few examples.
    Deus Ex game is more gloominess, dark and with tints of blue of neon ligts.
    That's the authentic atmosphere of true Deus Ex. And I don't agreed with kind of glamour glittering backgrounds in art which we have here today.
    Work with lighting carefully Devs, I beg you!

Grates

Sewers

Labs
    I like those recolors, lets hope they take your advice!

I don't see why DX3 should be so cold, it the Renaissance man! Paintings from that period where colourful and bright.
    "The year is 2027"

The retouches look like old engine lighting tech tech circa IW, Doom3 and F.E.A.R. and I am ever so bored of brown and grey.

I like it. Although retaining colour whilst adding darker and more numerous shadows might do the job- preventing it from looking too drab

Quote Originally Posted by spm1138 View Post
    The retouches look like old engine lighting tech tech circa IW, Doom3 and F.E.A.R. and I am ever so bored of brown and grey.
    I agree! It would be nice to actually be able to differentiate between one brown building from another slightly more brown building and from one grey sewer from another slightly less grey sewer.

Also, get rid of all the bloom and weird filters that makes everything look like I was still using my old UHF television that had those rotating knobs.

I like the orange feel of DX3 so far. Everything in DX has a bluish tint, everything in IW had a purple tint, I think an orange tint would be something new and refreshing.

Here's hoping they stick with it and keep it tasteful!
    Human beings feel pleasure when they are watched. I have recorded their smiles as I tell them who they are.

Those are some cool pictures but being Dark isn't always a good thing. It can lead to people not liking the game because they simply can't see. The game has to sell we all want a sequel if there would ever be one right?

Some darkness is fine but since the stealth element is cover now I don't think it will play a huge role anymore. We'll see.

Its not so much the amount of light as it is the color palette. You can have a dark city that is very bright in some areas from all of the neon lights and whatnot, and I'm sure that DX3 will have it's fair share of such environments. We can't pretend that there aren't places in the world that look sunny and orange etc.

A good game always has a large variety of environments all with their own look and feel. In due time EM will release more info and possibly pics, and then we will see other types of areas, which I'm sure will have their own distinct look about them.

I haven't seen this sewer picture here yet:

Nice find!

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast