Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 99

Thread: "The Sims 3"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,830

    Default "The Sims 3"

    I got my game informer mag today and read news there's gonna be a Sims 3. The game is gonna be more character based or something. The Sims franchise is probably the only PC game I buy. Like building families but they always turn dysfunctional on my watch. My first families dad burned alive Who else is looking forward to "The Sims 3"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naraku View Post
    I got my game informer mag today and read news there's gonna be a Sims 3. The game is gonna be more character based or something. The Sims franchise is probably the only PC game I buy. Like building families but they always turn dysfunctional on my watch. My first families dad burned alive Who else is looking forward to "The Sims 3"

    I read that straight from the website. There's about a hundred different personality choices, there are tons of new customizations (of sims, clothing and furniture) and you now have the option of walking around the streets and things. It looks great!

    *Sigh* And I remember playing the good old Sims.....one.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Posts
    6,021

    Default

    My sister is.

    We have Sims 2. It seems more like a game for expansion packs than anything else:

    • The Sims 2
    • The Sims 2: University
    • The Sims 2: Nightlife
    • The Sims 2: Open for Business
    • The Sims 2: Pets
    • The Sims 2: Season
    • The Sims 2: Bon Voyage
    • The Sims 2: FreeTime
    • The Sims 2: Apartment Life


    Not to mention "stuff packs":

    • Holiday Party Pack
    • Family Fun Stuff
    • Glamour Life Stuff
    • Happy Holiday Stuff
    • Celebration! Stuff
    • Fashion Stuff
    • Teen Style Stuff
    • Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
    • Mansion & Garden Stuff (coming soon)


    I can understand the need for an expansion pack for a game, but this just seems a bit OTT. If the Sims 3 doesn't have at least all this functionality...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Venus
    Posts
    7,470

    Default

    I've only really recently shown an interest in the Sims game and have been learning a little about it.

    I'd quite like to buy one. Would you suggest I start with the first one or skip straight to the second (or wait for the third)? Only I don't really understand the concept properly yet. Is it a bit like the Tycoon games?

    I saw a few clips on YouTube about it but it didn't make too much sense to a novice

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Archosaur
    Posts
    2,909

    Default

    I have The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 Glamour stuff. Not a fan of sims, I find it boring tbh.
    Villa, villa.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    My World
    Posts
    2,453

    Default

    OMG i love the sims but i am getting Sims 3 for 360 becuase my computer is too crapy and slow for games like that!!!
    Blonde Croft
    Oh Thats Lovely

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    @RG Omg that's quite a collection. I have The Sims collection. The Sims 2 and Open for business. That's it cause my system can't handle any more. I'm thinking of buying a new PC or Mac. I like the Mac, plus it can switch operating system at the push of a button. Don't know if XP on a Mac means I can install The Sims 3 though. I've never tried it on a console either as I like to get patches and junk from the website.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    I've only really recently shown an interest in the Sims game and have been learning a little about it.

    I'd quite like to buy one. Would you suggest I start with the first one or skip straight to the second (or wait for the third)? Only I don't really understand the concept properly yet. Is it a bit like the Tycoon games?

    I saw a few clips on YouTube about it but it didn't make too much sense to a novice
    The whole point of the Sims is, really, to either make or break a person's life. It's completely non-linear gameplay. Pretty much, you make a sim (or sims, "sim" is a shortened version of the word "simulations"), build a house, then go wild. You can get your sim married and start a family, or climb the career ladder, make them a complete no-life, or do whatever. It's all completely your choice.

    I like to make my sims vampires and werewolves.

    You can also download pretty amazing custom content made by users like us from the Sims 2 website. I uploaded an Amanda Evert sim at one point. (And then people stole my custom content and created exact clones of my sim cause it was easily the most realistic, so MINE got deleted. How dare they!)

    But yeah. I love the sims one, cause of nostalgic reasons and such. If you are going to buy it, I would probably recommend Sims 2. But if your planning on getting both Sims 2 and 3, probably get 3.

    @naraku, RG doesn't have all those games. He was just showing how many expansion packs they have.

    @RG, you are right, EA is pretty much using it to get more money, but also because the Sims 2 is a BIG game, and so if all of those options were available with the one game only the people with powerful computers could play.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    627

    Default

    I love Sims!
    I have:
    The Sims (PC)
    The Sims (PS2)
    The Sims Bustin' Out (PS2)
    The Sims 2 (PC)
    The Sims 2: University
    The Sims 2: Open for Business
    The Sims 2: H&M fashion Stuff
    ... and one day i'll have The Sims 3!

    This game is so cool, you can do whatever you want with your Sims and build amazing houses!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a Shoe
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    lets hope they can talk properly

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Posts
    6,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naraku View Post
    @RG Omg that's quite a collection. I have The Sims collection. The Sims 2 and Open for business. That's it cause my system can't handle any more. I'm thinking of buying a new PC or Mac. I like the Mac, plus it can switch operating system at the push of a button. Don't know if XP on a Mac means I can install The Sims 3 though. I've never tried it on a console either as I like to get patches and junk from the website.
    I don't own all of them. Nor am I a fan. My sister is the fan, I know we own a couple, and my sis has borrowed a couple of her friends. I just think it's ridiculous that they have that many expansions, it seems like a way to get more money by selling the features of the game individually rather than as a package.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    I don't own all of them. Nor am I a fan. My sister is the fan, I know we own a couple, and my sis has borrowed a couple of her friends. I just think it's ridiculous that they have that many expansions, it seems like a way to get more money by selling the features of the game individually rather than as a package.
    So you never took the time to play it? Not even once?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Posts
    6,021

    Default

    Played it a couple of times. It just seems pointless. There's no goal = no way to determine winning or losing. Treadmill style of gameplay of getting lots of money/things has nothing going for it. I just think it's digital doll's house. I'm not a fan.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Archosaur
    Posts
    2,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    Played it a couple of times. It just seems pointless. There's no goal = no way to determine winning or losing. Treadmill style of gameplay of getting lots of money/things has nothing going for it. I just think it's digital doll's house. I'm not a fan.
    Agree. I never saw the point in it.
    Villa, villa.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    My World
    Posts
    2,453

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    Played it a couple of times. It just seems pointless. There's no goal = no way to determine winning or losing. Treadmill style of gameplay of getting lots of money/things has nothing going for it. I just think it's digital doll's house. I'm not a fan.
    all games are pointless to play but we still play them! some games people just want to complete the game to know the story. the others games are to have fun like the sims!
    Blonde Croft
    Oh Thats Lovely

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blonde croft View Post
    all games are pointless to play but we still play them! some games people just want to complete the game to know the story. the others games are to have fun like the sims!
    To play God, in other words.

    The creator of the Sims also made Spore for the very same reason.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Archosaur
    Posts
    2,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blonde croft View Post
    [COLOR="can not read"]all games are pointless to play but we still play them! some games people just want to complete the game to know the story. the others games are to have fun like the sims! [/COLOR]
    It's fun when you first play it. But after a while, it gets boring. While other games have a REPLAY value.
    Villa, villa.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    Played it a couple of times. It just seems pointless. There's no goal = no way to determine winning or losing. Treadmill style of gameplay of getting lots of money/things has nothing going for it. I just think it's digital doll's house. I'm not a fan.
    Your Sims could die. That's sorta like losing.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England.
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    It's not like spore really, it does have an ending as such with the space stage and you get to blow stuff up

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    125

    Default

    OMG THE SIMSS !!!!

    sorry, i am sooooo addicted to that gamee
    I have all expansion + stuff packs, and there's gonna be another (probably the last one) stuff pack called : Mansion & Garden (or something)

    Anyway The Sims 3 is coming out 19 Februari (maybe in USA earlier) 2009. Maybe some of you already know the official sims 3 site : www.thesims3.com

    http://www.simworld.de/simworldclub/wbblite/threa d.php?sid=0ed5cc5927825f6d935ce387c740ce96&postid=100249#

    http://www.simforum.de/showpost.php?...8&postcount=20

    http://www.sims2fans.de/page/gc08/sims3bilder_1.php

    http://thesims.de/

    http://www.simtimes.de/specials/game...sims3_preview/

    Here are some gameplay screenshots if some of you might be interested The game ISN'T finished yet, so they are still working on it Some screens are not very clear because the pictures have been taken with a normal camera (so not fraps or other programs) This pictures were made in the Games Convetion 2008. For some who don't understand german :
    - There is no weather (not yet)
    - There are cars + bikes
    - The city contains a cinema, hospital and a museum..

    Can't Wait!!
    Last edited by xXxN@0M!3xXx; 09-20-2008 at 12:33 AM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Archosaur
    Posts
    2,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naraku View Post
    Your Sims could die. That's sorta like losing.
    yeah, but:

    - There is no replay value
    - they just talk, make out, have kids, kids grow up, make out, have kids etc etc. it's just the same neverending thing.
    Villa, villa.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    yeah, but:

    - There is no replay value
    - they just talk, make out, have kids, kids grow up, make out, have kids etc etc. it's just the same neverending thing.
    Ain't having kids called Woohoo Neverending and you say there's no replay value. Things go wrong and its fun to watch. Till something gets burnt.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Archosaur
    Posts
    2,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naraku View Post
    Ain't having kids called Woohoo Neverending and you say there's no replay value. Things go wrong and its fun to watch. Till something gets burnt.
    yeah, but after you ahve seen it 500 times, it's not fun at all.
    Villa, villa.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naraku View Post
    Ain't having kids called Woohoo Neverending and you say there's no replay value. Things go wrong and its fun to watch. Till something gets burnt.
    Ah yes, the disastrous BBQs where the guests find themselves suddenly trapped in a small room with no escape....and fire.

    EDIT: @Rexie, it's up to you to make the game interesting. Bored of your family? Cause a death, or have one of the spouses have an affair with the gardener. It's all completely your choice, entirely up to you. Make or break their lives, with just a click of a button.

    And also, some people play to write stories with their sims to put on the website. Some are really fantastic!!
    Last edited by Rachie; 09-20-2008 at 12:34 AM.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Posts
    6,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
    it's up to you to make the game interesting.
    So why play it? I play games to have fun. Interesting games, that are interesting in themselves, without me needing to 'make them interesting'. If I need to put the effort (and the money) into enjoying it, without it giving me an amazing experience, I don't see the point.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •