Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fall of Nosgoth - work in progress

Default Fall of Nosgoth - work in progress

Foreword:
    Long time no see since last update. The project isn't dead, but has been developed quietly in the back. There were many minor progress but it's just not worth to tell every step. So here is a little summary.

What's it about?
    Fall of Nosgoth is a fan-fiction game I develope. Since 2005 I am working on it and there have been so many changes I even had to restart the project twice. With the beginning of 2006 I am working on this new version and it will be surely the last. It is in german but will be translated in english when it's finished.

Content:
    The story begins with Raziel who awakens in the caves and has lost his memory. He meets the Elder God who helps him to remember. Soon he discovers that once he was the leader of the Razielim clan and hears about their downfall. He gets to know that he was executed by his brothers and his master Kain. Raziel decides to travel back in time and to avenge himself by killing Kain and the others. And finally to prevent the Razielim from their downfall.

Characters:
    There are many characters who are important for the game, but here are the most important, because they build the member party.

Raziel:
    The past clan-leader of the Razielim. Risen from the death, he is powerful, versatile and has mystical abilities.

Bardok:
    A high commander within the clan. Duteous, loyal but also ambitious.

Marduk:
    A respected warrior in the clan. Brother of Bardok, a hotspur, imaptient, but likes to act from the second row.

Magda:
    Another warrior of the Razielim. She is farsighted, fast and is appreciated for her skills.

This is Kain with his subordinated clanleaders:

Features:
    - graphics are mostly selfmade, additions through some textures und rips
    - music themes from the original LoK games, including sounds
    - 2 battle-systems, one strategic and one round-based. Imagine it like this: in the strategic you fight on maps with troops, in the round-based you will fight with your memberparty.
    - epic story with warriors, battles, vampires, humans, genocide, pain and a bit of love
    - detailed menu
    - skills like climbing, devouring souls etc.

Screens:

This is the headquarter of Raziel. Not finished yet.
    At the wall there is a picture of him from better days...

Raziel in the underworld. He wants to devour a soul. Flying food so to speak.

Still in the underworld. He searches for exit but where is it?

Sneaking in the dark not to cause a sensation.

Same place this time from inside. May the door be locked? OMG how thrilling...

The Razielim talk. A dark, wet and later uncomfortable forest.

(german menu version)
    One of the core-systems of the game. It is special because there are no collectable items but bottles of blood.

The status screen lets you manage your characters, especially skills and equipment. Skills are not learned automaticly, but will be assigned by the player. There are 9 skills and 4 attributes to learn. The more exp you invest in a skill, the more it has influence in the game, e.g. in battles. It's possible to repair your armory and weapons.

There are also quests. They'll give you (like fights) experience points which you need for your character development. And you can find out more about current tasks if you get lost in the game.

The chronicles will tell you more about characters and places inside the game. But even without it, players will get to know everything they need to know even if they don't know anything about LoK.

Options. Not 100% sure what this is for. Maybe I'll integrate some help and some other stuff.

What does it cost?
    It will be free. On the one hand for legal reasons and on the other hand I have never planned to demand any money for it. I'm making this game out of joy and to collect experience. That's enough for me.

When done!?!
    German version should be finished by the end of 2008. English version will take some time to translate, so add about 2 months more for translating and testing.
    But I can't give any garanties. You never know what happens in life.

Questions, comments, whatever...the post is yours!

P.S. sorry for my bad german english
    Fall of Nosgoth - a LoK Game
    hp: http://ascare.e7.to

hi ascare!

nice to hear from you again, itīs me, ancient vampire.

You restarted the project twice? wow, but at least you didnīt gave up
    It would be a nice Christmas present if you make it until then! (but Iīll have to wait for English version anyway.. )
    I really canīt way to play it. Demo was great, I am looking forward to see the new areas.
    One question, will it play on Vista?

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really awsome!!!!!! Fuse & I were trying to create such a project lately, but we still don't really know how.........

Is it maybe to make awsome things like mods & stuff, that you can replace a few objects for others?? sounds cool, really...
    or maybe a 2 player function.... like 1 is Raziel & the other Kain & you can fight each other to gain points......

I heard about a demo...... WHERE CAN I FIND IT???

@Raina Audron
    Hi! How could I forget you? You helped me a lot in times.
    Remember the faces you made? Look, they're in the menu (slightly edited...)
    And no I won't give up, it's just to much effort that I've already put in it.
    And yes it should run on all windows platforms, except win95 and below.

@Linikratyo
    I am glad you like it, but sorry to disappoint you. There will be no mods or stuff. And Raz & Kain together? Well not in this game...because it just doesn't fit the story & gameplay.
    If you want you can have a look at the demo (which is pretty outdated!).
    This is the game archive
    but before starting install these fonts. Otherwise game messages will look screwed up.

yes, I recognise them well at least somehow I helped you
    I canīt believe it was sooo long ago since I have drawn them
    Just keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Ascare View Post
    @Raina Audron
    Hi! How could I forget you? You helped me a lot in times.
    Remember the faces you made? Look, they're in the menu (slightly edited...)
    And no I won't give up, it's just to much effort that I've already put in it.
    And yes it should run on all windows platforms, except win95 and below.

@Linikratyo
    I am glad you like it, but sorry to disappoint you. There will be no mods or stuff. And Raz & Kain together? Well not in this game...because it just doesn't fit the story & gameplay.
    If you want you can have a look at the demo (which is pretty outdated!).
    This is the game archive
    but before starting install these fonts. Otherwise game messages will look screwed up.
    Well, I tried to install it... (it has a setup!! OMG!!! HOW AWSOME!!!) but the setup was in german and at the end I get some type of error message.......... maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have Windows Vista.......

@Raina
    Yeah, in 2005 actually it was. How time passes right? Say, did you get better in drawing since? You're interested in more workt to do? If so pm me please (or mail if you still have mine).

@Linikratyo
    Well in fact it has no setup and it's not installing either. It's a self-extracting winrar archive. If there is an error in the end of the extraction then it might be that the file is corrupt. I suggest you redownload it.
    If successful, install the fonts I posted previously (before playing) and it should work.
    Another thing is that you probably have to activate compability mode for the game exe (rightclick on the exe, attributes, compability, WinXP).

I got it working on my PC!! I opened it & didn't save the file when I downloaded it!! The demo is awsome!! It looks so professional!!

The good main points were:
    -good fights, they were always a challenge, but not to hard.
    -animations are well done, talking is very nicely worked out.
    -I loved that movie were he began to talk about his past!!

Only one thing I didn't like is about the "don't go Raziel or you would create a paradox" but Kain said in SR2 that history would do anything to make sure a paradox isn't created......
    Last edited by Linikratyo; 09-11-2008 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks,
    well the fights are still kind of boring because most times you only attack. This will be different in the full game (more skills, more options). I love the intro sequence too, probably the beste scene in this demo.
    To that paradox I have two suggestions: Did Kain already know in SR2 what he was really talking about? And secondly, is the Elder God always saying the truth?

Thanks,
    well the fights are still kind of boring because most times you only attack. This will be different in the full game (more skills, more options). I love the intro sequence too, probably the beste scene in this demo.
    To that paradox I have two suggestions: Did Kain already know in SR2 what he was really talking about? And secondly, is the Elder God always saying the truth?
    What talking about? & We don't know if EG always tells the truth.....

Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post
    What talking about? & We don't know if EG always tells the truth.....
    Well the question is if Kain was already 100% sure about history & paradoxes in SR2. Did he know really best?
    But the more obvious question for sure is if the elder god is lying if necessary. Or is he saying the truth?
    When Raziel would avoid the execution of the vampire Raziel, wouldn't he (the reborn demon-like) fall into pieces? Because it would be a paradox if he stays alive, but as we know history avoids it right?

Well the question is if Kain was already 100% sure about history & paradoxes in SR2. Did he know really best?
    He had seen what was going to happen in the Chronoplast. Raziel would kill Kain at William's chapel. Moebius would be happy and Raziel would after he killed his Sarafan self go into the reaver. Moebius would have won. Kain tried to stop this by changing history, but he didn't know what he exactly would change...

But the more obvious question for sure is if the elder god is lying if necessary. Or is he saying the truth?
    Only the Elder God knows....

When Raziel would avoid the execution of the vampire Raziel, wouldn't he (the reborn demon-like) fall into pieces? Because it would be a paradox if he stays alive, but as we know history avoids it right?
    Yes, but EG is telling Raziel not too, because he would make a paradox... though that goes against everything what Kain said in SR2....

Hmm, maybe then the Elder God is not lying but not saying the truth correctly. He should have probably say something like: "History does not allow paradoxes, if you prevent your execution from happening, you will not be here anymore."
    Is that what you mean?
    Or secondly, maybe it doesn't matter if Raziel intervenes or not. The vampire Raziel will die anyway, if not in the abyss, maybe of his wounds or another strike from one of the vampires.
    From my perspective (means in my game), the Elder God has his reasons to say so, but why?...well this will be resolved in the game story.

well, as long as this state of History Abhorbs a Paradox isn't forgotten in the storyline, then it is ok....

A discovery!! You can record the Fall of Nosgoth with Fraps... In this way you can make a trailer!! It would be nice to just have a trailer on youtube... then fans will get exited and like to download it.... I have professional video editing programs, so I could even make a trailer if you would like to.....

Well, I could make a trailer myself. The thing is, I just don't have enough ingame material. And the old demo is just too old for me to advertise it now. But if you like you can make a trailer of your own, I mean everybody is free to do so.

Well, I could make a trailer myself. The thing is, I just don't have enough ingame material. And the old demo is just too old for me to advertise it now. But if you like you can make a trailer of your own, I mean everybody is free to do so.
    Will I then also have permission to put it on youtube??

Oh please, you don't need to ask me for permission. Anything else would be censorship right?

Oh please, you don't need to ask me for permission. Anything else would be censorship right?
    cool, I will probably have it uploaded next week....

The FRAPS videos didn't work out very well, so I asked Elizar Sampage Entertainment to make the trailer. (s)he has a registed edition of fraps, so the ingame movies will be much nicer... Soon we might see a FoN trailer......

Thumbs up

What's it about?
    Fall of Nosgoth is a fan-fiction game I develope. Since 2005 I am working on it and there have been so many changes I even had to restart the project twice. With the beginning of 2006 I am working on this new version and it will be surely the last. It is in german but will be translated in english when it's finished.

I have no words... somehow AMAZING isn't enough
    Last edited by Raziel's daughter; 10-01-2008 at 05:16 AM.

The first in game trailer here!!

Default Fall of Nosgoth: The Legacy of Kain Series Fan Fiction Gameplay Trailer

Fall of Nosgoth: The Legacy of Kain Series Fan Fiction Gameplay Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GBrXIBHlxA

This looks really cool. Reminds me of Zelda 3 for SNES.
    Hope you get it finished
    SS

Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post
    The first in game trailer here!!

Pretty cool!!!
    Linikratyo, did you make the trailer all by yourself??

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSneaker View Post
    This looks really cool. Reminds me of Zelda 3 for SNES.
    Zelda and Golden sun
    Destroying your enemies isn't enough... you must devour their souls.
    Vengeance calls. Destiny awaits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast