Eidos Forums

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Eidos Classics > Praetorians > Praetorians - General Discussion

Notices

Old 04-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Permanent Vacation

Lightbulb Play Praetorians online

Hi guys
thare is aprogramm called ''Hamachi''
with that programm you can play all games online
creat your username and password and add one that
you know his username and password and play with him
online but you and him must have the same fils and the
same version of the game.
you can download it from this link
https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp
Old 04-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Permanent Vacation

if you want to join me in my room
here is the username and password
username: i'm Praetorian\ password: crash

Last edited by Devoti; 04-26-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:01 PM
New Player

Default hello guys!

if you want to join me in my room,
here is the username and password:
username: churhill123
password: nice

join
Old 04-17-2009, 06:22 AM
New Player

naahhh, i prefer to play on LAN like we used to before, but i sort of like GSA, i MIGHT join!!, i already have an account for that, cool programo amigo!!

playen on lan is cool, when i have break time, and so u, we'll hang out someday and play on lan then on GSA.lol

Last edited by @m; 04-17-2009 at 07:21 AM. Reason: merged posts
Old 07-08-2009, 10:02 AM
New Player

I'd like to restart a Praetorians ladder system so I've created the Praetorians 1 vs. 1 [2009] ladder as all the others seem to be completely dead.

If anyone's interested in regular, ranked matches, please join on arena.gamespy.com

Otherwise please add my e-mail james_rw@hotmail so that we can organise multiplayer matches. I'm available on MSN with that too.

Another option would be to download the GameRanger program.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Permanent Vacation

sup man..
k look..im actually interested.. but first whats ur name on gamespy..
+
why are u doing this?( just curious..maybe.. )
+
u should talk to rakondark too
+gameranger isnt popular as gamespy and would split preto players and kill the game more ><
+ ur msn added
Old 07-08-2009, 04:00 PM
New Player

Why else? To maintain a steady flow of multiplayer games...

My name is Ghul07 on GameSpy. It won't split the Praetorians community it will give us more options to play together... GameRanger means we can speak easily and know when people are online... then post result on the GameSpy ladder.

Simple.

By the way, scouting around for Praetorians downloads and such I stumbled upon your name in many of the sequences. Be my mentor
Old 07-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Permanent Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UK]Ghul View Post
Why else? To maintain a steady flow of multiplayer games...

My name is Ghul07 on GameSpy. It won't split the Praetorians community it will give us more options to play together... GameRanger means we can speak easily and know when people are online... then post result on the GameSpy ladder.

Simple.

By the way, scouting around for Praetorians downloads and such I stumbled upon your name in many of the sequences. Be my mentor
im still on my same opinion abt gameranger even tho i was encouraging it months ago but its 2 late to move an old game to a new game server.. zz

as i said.. talk to rakondark.. or talk to a gsa wizz and try to get a deal on a 2x2 weekly tourney.. or a 1x1 *weekly* tourney not monthly as its useless if 1 tourney every month.. and i would say the guy who most won tourney that 4 weeks would get a vip or smthin..
zz nice u watch my games ^^ xD
I had many mentor's few months ago.. but now am big papi pitufo & very lame xDDDDDD
Old 07-09-2009, 09:40 PM
New Player

Praetorians uses DirectPlay which has some pretty hostile networking. That's a good reason for using GameRanger instead of GameSpy because then anyone can play without messing with their routers and firewalls.

With a small community like with Praetorians, every single person counts. You need it to work for as many as you can get.

Not to mention that you can leave GameRanger running minimised to the system tray with it using hardly any resources (unlike GameSpy's bloatware), and then you'll be automatically notified (via balloon tooltips) whenever someone wants to play Praetorians.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Permanent Vacation

lol
gs or gr, all the same for me, i have both, and i have hama too, but i dont think there r defferences, u know why, because GS and GR both need to open ports i think, lol, and ....., but GS contains more players (praetorians players), exactly what i like more, and to be honest and not liar, i did not play praeto on GR ever, man, i dont think it is active on GR as on GS , atleast i am an honest guy lol!, btw maybe u should visit GS and praetorians, and ask players to download, that is the best way to tell them, but a little advice, they r "impolite" lol, so be easy with the guys over there, very very impolite, lol, u may start problem with them , so just add the program, and run, looooooool,(kdding at the last part)