Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your "home forum"?

Question What's your "home forum"?

A "home forum" is basically the forum where you pretty much.. well... grew up in, made some friends, like to spend most of your time and where you're relatively well-known.

Mine has to be at right here! I got banned several times at another forum (which I've left now) and every time I was banned I would spend my time until the ban was lifted here, which, in a kind of sense, could be referred to me as just using Eidos Forums. :/ And after being banned permanently for the first out of 3 times, I spent about half a year at Eidos Forums and really grew to love it. XD

So yeah, what's your forum home?
    Last edited by Phlip; 04-01-2008 at 12:03 PM. Reason: *completely* the wrong post icon

Originally, my main online home was a fan site for Alias (TV spy drama show from creator JJ Abrams) for about 4 years. Eventually, because of cost management (originally it was free, then members kept growing practically every day and became a voluntary subscribers site) ownership was transferred and a lot of people who grew up ended up moving on with their lives for higher education, etc. Pretty much all of them were genuinely friendly and I do wonder about them.

I joined that site because I considered then, and still do now, the show to be one of the best on TV and after searching for a messageboard the rest was history.

Now my second online home is the Eidos Messageboards.

Smile

guess mine would have to be here too!

I would say Eidos but as you can tell, I'm hardly ever here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    I would say Eidos but as you can tell, I'm hardly ever here!!
    Yeah. You should visit more.

Thumbs up

I think it's here.

Thumbs up

It definetely has to be here. There's a nice friendliness and it's almost family-like in a way. Plus this forum is well moderated, so its not full of creeps and spammers.

Agreed, Alias was the best TV show ever.

Anyways... My forum-frequenting was a roller coaster - I was here for a short while, then I shifted to The Basement so I kinda stopped coming here, then I came back and I stopped going to The Basment. After a while I started going to both forums quite a lot, and eventually I stopped visiting both since life became too hectic. A year later, Mr.Taedor made me feel guilty about not coming around at all, I decided to return. Several weeks later I decided to go back to The Basement as well. Now Im back in the groove, as it were, with both forums.
    I guess both were level-pegging as home forums.
    To be proud of virtue, is to poison yourself with the antidote

My "home forum" was something called TSN - The Straight Neo.

It was a fan-site about Neopets, hosting with Prohosting and used the CGI version of Ikonboard (v2.6).

The owner was a right sarcastic bugger, but that didn't stop us making friends.

One day, the site got hacked by Puppetz (also a user of Neopets and infamous hacker; but Neopets banned him for cheating/hacking) and everything fell in to disarray. During that time though, a small group of us became really good friends.

That was ten years ago, and we're all still in contact with eachother.

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander Eidos Moderator

I would have to say Avault ( http://forums.avault.com/ ). I have been with them for many years. I would say I am pretty well known there and everything is my fault

Eidos would be my home away from home though. Nice people and a relaxed atmosphere.

I only ever visit 2 main forums:
    tombraiderboard.com and here.

Mine was a site called Zelda Dungeon that a friend recommended to me. But the site got hacked and ended up being destroyed a few months ago, so I came here.

Mine it's here, this is the only forum I visit, and I visit it even before I registered myself.

It's gotta be here, never really used forums before, have joined a few (Thanks to Lo) but yeah def here
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

My first virtual home for forums is Dissendium.com. I am a prefect and news poster there. I also blog on the sister site riddlediaries.org.

For as little time as I spend here these days, I still consider it home!
    signature imagesignature imagesignature imagesignature image
    "Doomsday device?...I suppose I could part with one and still be feared..."
    Skusting's deviantArt gallery <-updated with regularity regularly!

Thumbs up

Eidos forums is the first forum i register and visit it frequently, after more than 10 years of using the internet.
    i have been to UBI Soft forums (Prince of persia), it is good but you cannot concentrate on what people are saying since it is a festival of colors
    yeah, the forum is totally covered by a festival of Signatures(Sig) and avatars which draw your mind from what people are talking about.
    Lara, whatever you do, where ever you go, there is no one like you left.

Mine would be here, specifically in the Legacy of Kain forums.
    Wondering what ever happend to QA and where this Out Now, Patch Later culture came from!!!!

I started out in the gamepro forums but quickly moved over here.
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

Quote Originally Posted by Deekman View Post
    For as little time as I spend here these days, I still consider it home!
    Same here, Deek!

Default This is home...................

This is the only place I visit. I feel that the people here are all top shelf and the moderators do an excellent job of keeping things clean.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolKat View Post
    It definetely has to be here. There's a nice friendliness and it's almost family-like in a way. Plus this forum is well moderated, so its not full of creeps and spammers.
    Nor full of wimps who get all bent out of shape when posting pics of MP conquests of "special" tots. Man, I still have my very special call out/hate thread on another publisher's game forum -- complete with participating moderators (violates their TOS, but I don't mind it's good advertizement why to never buy a game from them again!).

And I'm not even a bad poster. Heck, spent months on their technical forum helping daily, even.

Now Eidos DX1 and DX2 old board was a snake pit (especially after the release of DX2), but the community itself wasn't sociopathic -- some games just attract the worst.

But got to admit the forum now is the best run game forum I've seen (and it uses a v-e-r-y good forum software).

Here.

Neoseeker's full of people who ignore you a lot.
    signature image

www.trle.net. That's where I get my games from.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast