Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your "home forum"?

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    It's a very important and integral part of the Eidos forums. When you send a friend request to another forum member, the forum staff is notified by email and the member (the "requester") is then placed on a special moderator "watch-list".

The team take turns monitoring if the friend request has been accepted or rejected.

If accepted, the member who initiated the friend request gets points on our "likable members list". How many points the member gets for being accepted as someone else's friend depends on the status of the person who accepted the request (the "requestee").

If the requestee is a "new player", the requester is awarded 1 point. If the requestee is a "Gamer", then the requester gets 5 points. 10 points for gaining a "Protagonist" friend, 20 points for having a "Hero" on your friends list and 25 points if you manage to convince a member of staff to be your BFF.

When a member reaches 125 points, he is invited to our secret grotto below the Square Enix office in London.

We pamper the member, whom we henceforth call "Mr. Popular", with caviar and champagne and skimpy girls cater to his every whim.

In case it's a Ms. Popular, she will be pampered by skimpy members of the Black Veil Bride group.
    By those rules, I have 636 points, so I believe someone owes me 5 trips to their secret grotto.
    signature image

Don't tell me you actually counted?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Don't tell me you actually counted?
    Okay, I won't tell you.

...I did...
    signature image

I'm a member in IMVU, and they have their forums, and they have all sorts of forums going on. coding, editing, art, graphic design, (ECT). I really grew to love hanging in those forums, and just order random things from people and talk to people, then i'd say my second home is definitely the Eidos Forums! This is the second forum i ever joined, and I used to spend so much time here, (I did get on peoples nerves.) and I even stopped looking in the IMVU forums for a while. But then interests changed, and I started hanging in the imvu forums again, and then I rarely visited Eidos, (but from my time away I must say i DID grow up.). One night I spent reading old posts and stuff i'd done, and I was thinking "Oh lord...". Eidos will always be the one forum I spend most saturday nights looking through, not logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Zoo Boy View Post
    ...I did...
    ......wow

Quote Originally Posted by gitb90 View Post
    . . . . coding, editing, art, graphic design . . . . . .
    We used to cover the editing, art and graphic design elements here with our old Graphics Challenge contests that we used to hold years ago.

If you'd like a peek at some of the stuff we got up to, take a look HERE. (third post down for the list)
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image
    myspace.com/morestatgrav - Updated in Jul '09 with 10 new tracks.

TTLG is home, though the Thief 4 forum here is like Senior year away at Uni for most of the last couple of years, with visits back home until after I "graduate", and I see if I enter a new phase of life or move back home in shame.

Eight months later and still no trips to your secret grotto? For shame Driebr, for shame.
    signature image

You spelled Driber's name incorrectly, for shame.

Uhm, I'd have to say my "forum home" is not here just because I've spent years at other places that I really like too.

lol, a lot of people do. He also called me Dribber just the other day and we've known each other already for years

Many seem to think it's pronounced like that....when it's actually DRY-BUR (obviously )

I should really set a word filter for that one already....

As for the grotto.....well....uhmm......we cancelled that program.......financial crisis......uhm........cutbacks........uhm, yeah.......that's it.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

my first ever forum home was a music forum,

www.muzon.com, which was both a way for me to listen to Ukrainian music once I moved to Canada, and a vibrant point of the Ukrainian 1st generation immigrant community on the 'net, especially those based in Eastern part of North America.

the site was shut down by owner due to lack of costs, however, sometime in 2006, I believe. I also hung out on a political commentary site censor.net.ua for a a few years.

In 2007 I discovered the book series Malazan Book of the Fallen, and the respective forum, at malazanempire.com
    that forum became my home on the 'net.

i'm fairly new on Eidos forums, despite my join date, aside from LoK section, but I started to visit more regularly about a year ago when DXHR got closer to completion.

I started visiting the community subforum... 2 weeks ago, I think.

Nice to hear a bit of your background, kud

lol, a lot of people do. He also called me Dribber just the other day and we've known each other already for years

Many seem to think it's pronounced like that....when it's actually DRY-BUR (obviously )

I should really set a word filter for that one already....

As for the grotto.....well....uhmm......we cancelled that program.......financial crisis......uhm........cutbacks........uhm, yeah.......that's it.
    I thought I called you Dribber here? I don't remember typing "Driebr"...I remember typing Dribber...I did that on purpose...this, I did not...was that in a different thread or in a PM lol?

And I do not accept that answer. It's time to send in The Boyz on you Driber. The Zoo Boyz.
    signature image

I thought I called you Dribber here? I don't remember typing "Driebr"...I remember typing Dribber...I did that on purpose...this, I did not...was that in a different thread or in a PM lol?

And I do not accept that answer. It's time to send in The Boyz on you Driber. The Zoo Boyz.
    please leave the monkeys out of it! once loose they will take over the world!!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by TranceTrouble View Post
    please leave the monkeys out of it! once loose they will take over the world!!
    It is my destiny:

Quote Originally Posted by The American King James Bible
    And they went in to ZooBoy into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.
    signature image

Eidos is definitely my home forum love this place and its people, everyone is so friendly

I've occasionally been to the Bioware forums but I just ghost that one, that place moves faster than the speed of light
    'I made you a pie'. 'ooh what flavour is it?'. 'pie flavour...'
    signature image

I found the Killzone forums were like that - going so fast. I didn't know scores of people could be so mean to each other all at once.

I quite like it here. Tons of nice people to chat with.

You mean these fellers?

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    Eidos is definitely my home forum love this place and its people, everyone is so friendly

I've occasionally been to the Bioware forums but I just ghost that one, that place moves faster than the speed of light
    I too like it that this place is not so super mega busy as those huge forums where conversations go a mile a minute. It's nice that here you have a chance to get to know your fellow members a bit better than on forums where your posts instantly gets buried by others.

Since I'm not a member of any other forum, then obviously this is my home forum. I've been a member since 2008. Recently, I read some of my old posts and I see how different is my perspective now. Besides, Eidos forums helped me to become better in English.

^ different in what way?

^ different in what way?
    For example, when I was younger, solution for every problem seemed so simple and only that simple solution was acceptable for me. It was quite hard to accept other people's opinions. My God, I was such a typical child, stubborn as hell! But now I see if I want to enjoy in my life, I have to be open-minded and see that one problem can have more than one solution.

You mean these fellers?

Who are these wonderfully dangerous animals? They are beastly.
    signature image

My home forum is Evthreads.com, for the band Evanescence. We're a very close-nit community, we meet up with each other when we go to different concerts and all that.

Here actually. I spent a significant amount of time on the TR forums and dabbled here a bit. I had an older account, but since I forgot my password and the password to my old email account, I can't really get into it.... Man, that sounds so dumb.... My excuse would be that I stopped using it because I stupidly put my email on some crap I shouldn't have (like the SAT... don't ever put your email on the SAT...) and it is literally filled with hundreds upon hundreds of spam emails. Just gave up on it.... But, that excuse sounds pretty dumb too, so just dumbness all around on my part.

Lately, my second home would be the BSN. Fastest forum I've ever been to and that place really builds some tough skin. Though, most any game forum does that, I guess. Halo forums were pretty bad too. Anyway, I was an occasional visitor there before the ME3 ending debacle. Nice place to bemoan how someone broke all the toys the made for us while we were playing with them. I actually found some nice people there in the Character Forum. Not filled with as many trolls there like the GD and Spoiler and Campaign forums.

Holy rusted metal, Batman!!! I went to take a shower and suddenly, my passwords just hit me in the face! LMAO, now I don't have to use that account anymore....
    Last edited by The Hylden; 06-08-2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Please use the edit feature and do not double post. Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast