Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your "home forum"?

I had spent quite some time on HitmanForum.com, a great forum. Thats where it all started. I am nio stranger to forums. I was a great member with a vast amount of posts and I was slightly respected there. Anyways, thought I wouldvisit this forum and decided to sign up, now look where I am. This place looks promising.

I cut my forum teeth right here (well, specifically the LoK forums). I migrated over to ECC not too long after.

At the risk of sounding like a traitor, most of my forum time these days is spent over at [asmb] (adult swim message boards). They're so active I can usually find at least two or three interesting threads every time I log in. Not to say I don't still come here regularly. It's just not as interesting as it used to be.

I think all forums can dwindle in interest from time to time, my own included.

One of my forums was deadly quiet for ages then one of my managers got back online and her reappearance has really livened the place up again

Some days it's buzzing and other days we're lucky to get two posts but that means less work for me Especially since I am going to be creating a new forum. I think the new TR forum will be quite a handful if I get it right!

I learnt the ropes here before opening a few of my own. All started in the TimeSplitters section.
    signature image
    The TimeSplitters Portal - For all your Time Splitting needs

“Home is the place where it feels right to walk around without shoes”. so keep your home clean.

please check it out {spam link removed}
    Last edited by Driber; 08-22-2011 at 10:51 PM.

My own, of course! And thanks for the chance to blatantly plug it!

The Chaos Cascade is a 'forum about everything' and is currently on its second iteration, having moved after five years to a new location after the old provider changed the terms of service.

We are a pretty friendly group and welcome all nice people
    signature image

Well, TR Forum... First, I visit General Discussion and then the TR9 forum

Recently, I started to visit the Community chat too
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

HA, thanks to the spammer for breathing new live into this thread!

My "home forum" is right here, the Eidos forums.

More specifically, the TRLE forum, which I joined over 10 years ago.

When I started getting into TR, I was active on the TR email newsgroup for a while and found out about the Eidos forums there.

As the TRLE was still very new back in the early days of the Eidos forums, the TRLE forum was pretty hectic and a lot of flaming went on, so the forums needed some mods. The admins at the time held a public voting session for members to choose who they want as mods and I was one of the elected members. So I became a mod soon after I joined and have been a rooted member of this fine community ever since

The main reason for me, as also mentioned already by others in this thread, is the friendly atmosphere in these forums and the professional staff; my colleagues here are doing an outstanding job of keeping these forums clean and utilizing their mod powers with a good set of morals, instead of just bossing members around because they can, which is unfortunately something that you often see on other forums.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Gotta admit, atmosphere is hugely important for me in any forum I join (Or run!). The nice, happy, well run ones are definitely in a tiny minority - and I'd certainly count the EIDOS forums as being amongst that number from what I've seen so far.

You got a great forum here, guys
    signature image

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    HA, thanks to the spammer for breathing new live into this thread!
    Lemme guess: 8-4?

My primary "forums" are the LOK boards and here in the ECC. Although, I tend to "check in" everywhere else from time to time.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

oi, don't shake your first at me!
    haha no, this spammer was pretty blatant about it, so not 8-4 yet. Though, maybe soon...

The main reason for me, as also mentioned already by others in this thread, is the friendly atmosphere in these forums and the professional staff; my colleagues here are doing an outstanding job of keeping these forums clean and utilizing their mod powers with a good set of morals, instead of just bossing members around because they can, which is unfortunately something that you often see on other forums.
    this is one of the reasons I love this forum so much...much more civil than most others I have seen. I have only been posting on forums for about the last 2-3 years or so, but I spend the majority of my time right here at Eidos, then at TRF (the place makes me laugh), then I "check in" to about six more forums (non-game related) every couple of weeks or so.
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image

Definitely the Eidos forum, specifically the Just Cause 2 and Community Chat, along with a private forum.

I love Ubisoft's forum, but it doesn't even come close. I love the community in this forum. The community hear is much more friendly, and I frequently talk to the same members here, especially on the JC2 forum (N-Lyger, Rios, Poor Bison, Smc12, Jakk, etc.), but even those outside the JC2 forum I have built relationships with, KoolKat especially comes to mind (very friendly).

Also, not to continue my "hate" on the Ubisoft forum, but I hate that it barely works when I want to log in, so I barely post there, just read the forums.

Now, on to the mods.

The mods are actually helpful (especially Driber) and don't use thier power for evil purposes lololol. Best of all, the mods actually are part of the forum besides moderators as I find myself talking to mods (once again, especially Driber) about things besides "reporting spammers" and other mod-related actions. They just feel like normal forum members, a feeling I think that is sadly nonexistent on many other forums. I have not really been here that long, but aim to be here as long as I can, so HOORAY FOR OUR FORUM COMMUNITY!!!

Sorry for the long post, but just thought I'd share my thoughts.

P.S: For those of you who don't know me, hello, and I hope we can become better acquainted in the near future.
    signature image

heh, that's exactly the message a lot of the staff members are trying to put across; that we're not some all-powerful-beings with the ability to ban you at will, but in essence, just regular forum members who just happen to have the tools to ensure a tightly run ship

Quote Originally Posted by The Zoo Boy View Post
    I have not really been here that long, but aim to be here as long as I can, so HOORAY FOR OUR FORUM COMMUNITY!!!
    Aww that makes me feel all warm inside

Ahem..

*caugh*

Errr...

[deep voice]So, how 'bout them Yankees, bro![/deep voice]

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

heh, that's exactly the message a lot of the staff members are trying to put across; that we're not some all-powerful-beings with the ability to ban you at will, but in essence, just regular forum members who just happen to have the tools to ensure a tightly run ship

Aww that makes me all warm inside

Ahem..

*caugh*

Errr...

[deep voice]So, how 'bout them Yankees, bro![/deep voice]

It's great that you guys do that, like I said, i really don't know of any forums where the mods are like that, 'tis a shame...but yeah that does make me all warm inside...too many compliments today though, gotta shake myself out of it!!!

Umm...[deep voice]Pretty, good, bro! BEER!!! (American) FOOTBALL!!! MANLINESS!!! GRRRR!!![/deep voice]
    signature image

I LOL'ed at the "grrr" at the end. Very convincing!

*The Zoo Boy and Driber take turns punching each other in the stomach to show their manliness*

Ahem, I'll let this thread get back on topic now...

. . . . . we're not some all-powerful-beings . . . . .
    I am.

Almost forgot the topic:

I started off many years ago on the old tombrader.com forum and discovered this place when the board there ground to a halt.

Originally spent time in the TR forums (General Chat and TRLE) until the community chat forum was started - then I just drifted here and stayed put ever since.
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image
    myspace.com/morestatgrav - Updated in Jul '09 with 10 new tracks.

Talking

Oh, so this is why I received a new friend request, eh? Someone's trying to stay on our good side.
    ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Umah Bloodomen View Post
    Oh, so this is why I received a new friend request, eh? Someone's trying to stay on our good side.
    What, I'm a friendly person!!!

It is all true, though, every word.

Also, I was on the Ubisoft forum again, still having problems with signing in...Eidos FTW it seems, again

P.S: Vampiric Lady of the Sith=Awesome Title of Awesomeness

That's not being praisy...

P.S.S: I used your signature as my Facebook status...
    signature image

Thumbs up

It is all true, though, every word.
    Uh huh.

P.S: Vampiric Lady of the Sith=Awesome Title of Awesomeness

That's not being praisy...
    Thanks! 'Tis quite catchy, isn't it?

P.S.S: I used your signature as my Facebook status...
    Yay! Do you want a cookie?

~ Voltaire

Cookie Monster evil? Well I never!

What's next, Bert & Ernie turning evil?

oh, wait...

I see theBlackman denied your friend request

(How out of character of him )

Cookie Monster evil? Well I never!

What's next, Bert & Ernie turning evil?

oh, wait...

I see theBlackman denied your friend request

(How out of character of him )

That reminds me, what does becoming friends with someone actually do lol?
    signature image

It's a very important and integral part of the Eidos forums. When you send a friend request to another forum member, the forum staff is notified by email and the member (the "requester") is then placed on a special moderator "watch-list".

The team take turns monitoring if the friend request has been accepted or rejected.

If accepted, the member who initiated the friend request gets points on our "likable members list". How many points the member gets for being accepted as someone else's friend depends on the status of the person who accepted the request (the "requestee").

If the requestee is a "new player", the requester is awarded 1 point. If the requestee is a "Gamer", then the requester gets 5 points. 10 points for gaining a "Protagonist" friend, 20 points for having a "Hero" on your friends list and 25 points if you manage to convince a member of staff to be your BFF.

When a member reaches 125 points, he is invited to our secret grotto below the Square Enix office in London.

We pamper the member, whom we henceforth call "Mr. Popular", with caviar and champagne and skimpy girls cater to his every whim.

In case it's a Ms. Popular, she will be pampered by skimpy members of the Black Veil Bride group.

lol, Driber...ok, who wants to be my friend??? I REALLY want to see that grotto :P
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image

I visit this one more then I do any others. Nice people who don't blab off with "You're just a n00b! You don't know what you're talking about!!" if I say something like: "Tried this new strawberry/orange juice today. Quite good."

I spend most of my time here on these forums in the Tomb Raider section. My online time is often limited, so I figure it best to stick within certain perameters so I don't risk getting lost in any convos I may be interested in. Recently started venturing to general chat tho.

After this I tend to hit up a few heavy metal forums. If you're on any of them that I am you've probably seen me, as I keep the same name from forum to forum in the chance that I run into someone I know (and I quite like it). And, if you are on one of the metal forums I visit, I refuse to apologize for saying Danzig's latest album would have been better if John Christ was back in the band, so please stop demanding I do so.

Anyways, I used to moderate a forum on an adult site years ago for a friend of mine, and that was... interesting. Met alot of strange folk on that one, tho not the "entertainers" themselves. They were always quite nice and well mannered. It was the fans of said entertainers who would sneak in now and again that were odd. People do some weird stuff to try and get someones attention sometimes.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast