Thread: Windows Vista

Default Windows Vista

I know this isnít a topic about Deus Ex 3, But does anyone know if Deus Ex 1 GOTY is compatible with windows Vista?

Default kind of

I lost my original disk, so I bought a download of it online. It was a Game of the Year Version and it worked perfectly. I'm not sure if the original disk would work, but I think that it probably would.

Quote Originally Posted by O.m.a.r View Post
    I know this isnít a topic about Deus Ex 3, But does anyone know if Deus Ex 1 GOTY is compatible with windows Vista?
    Works fine, a bit sluggish on my system at times. I'm playing though again for the 19th time...

Still can't get IW to work in Vista though. Anyone have any luck with IW?

If you have AMD X2 cpu I recommend the Dual Core Optimizer tool. (the timing fix).

It helped me with both of the games.

Thumbs down Vista Sucks

Yes, it is, but you will have to do the following (at least I did, and it is currently working on my Vista Computer with no problems):

You need to successfully install a fully functional copy of DX on a different computer, most likely an XP one. Back-up the entire DeusEx Directory from your C: Drive onto external media (i.e., external HDD, CD, or DVD). Then, copy the entire directory onto your new Computer's C: Drive. DX will work now, at least this worked for me. You may have to change the CdPath lines.

First, open the DeusEx.ini file at C:\DeusEx\System.

Go to line:

[Engine.Engine]
    CdPath=D:

You need to set CdPath to whatever drive letter your CDROM is. Mine is 'D:'.

Also, open Default.ini at C:\DeusEx\System.

Go to line:

[Engine.Engine]
    CdPath=D:

Change the CdPath here also.

Luckily, I backed-up my entire DeusEx Directory from my old XP computer, on which DX worked fine. I recommend that you all do this when you get DX to work properly.

PEACE Alwayz |/

Daedalus

It's widely assumed that a newly installed copy of Windows Vista must be "activated" before 30 days are up.I just upgraded to Visa from XP and have a serious start-up problem. When I start-up into normal mode it takes 15 minutes to load and run.
    A single day is enough to make us a little larger

While these new features and security improvements have garnered positive reviews, Vista has also been the target of much criticism and negative press. Criticism of Windows Vista has targeted its high system requirements, its more restrictive licensing terms, the inclusion of a number of new digital rights management technologies aimed at restricting the copying of protected digital media, lack of compatibility with some pre-Vista hardware and software, and the number of authorization prompts for User Account Control. As a result of these and other issues, Windows Vista had seen initial adoption and satisfaction rates lower than Windows XP. However, with an estimated 330 million Internet users as of January 2009, it had been announced that Vista usage had surpassed Microsoft’s pre-launch two-year-out expectations of achieving 200 million users.

Promote your hair growth with
    Last edited by Alvasin; 07-27-2011 at 10:25 PM.