Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lara's Birthday Celebration Fan Art/Fan Fiction Contest!

Thumbs up Lara's Birthday Celebration Fan Art/Fan Fiction Contest!

On February 14 it will be birthday time again for our favorite Tomb Raider! To celebrate Lara's birthday, Eidos have kindly agreed to hold a contest for fan tributes to our favorite Lady Tomb Raider! Interested, creative fans can submit either a written or artistic birthday tribute to Lady Croft, subject to the rules below, not later than 14 FEB 2008.

Our dedicated and hardworking community manager, Keir, is providing from the underground Eidos treasure vaults TWO extremely rare and cool prizes, one for the winner of the written art and one for the winner of the graphic art categories- the rare, original 30cm Lara Croft statuette commissioned by Eidos for Lara's first adventure!!

Now THERE'S a worthy prize! (other goodies shown not included)

Here's how the contest works- Fans can submit either-

Fan Art- May be hand or digitally drawn, painted, digitally colored or digital art using programs such as Maya, Poser, 3DS, etc, scanned and sent as a .jpg attachement. OR-

Fan Writing- Poems, short stories or essays not to exceed 1500 words, in English, in MS Word doc. or compatible text format.

Each submission should focus on the theme of Lara Croft's birthday, in some way central to the art or writing submitted.

Each piece of fan work submitted must be the original creation of the submitter, made just for this contest and not previously posted anywhere else, no nudity or sexual content allowed of any kind (needless to say), no political nor religious opinion commentary (unless the art/story involves gods or royal disputes of long-dead civilizations ).

One entry per person for either fan fiction or fan art.

All submissions must be emailed to an email address that will be PM'd to each interested entry contestant. Fans should request this email address via PM from any TR moderator or administrator after 1 FEB. Completed submissions must be emailed not later than Feb 14th, 2008. Judging will be done by the Eidos Tomb Raider forums staff under the direction of Keir, Eidos Community Manager. new Jan 31- in the subject line of the email containing your entry, state "Lara Forum Competition". Also ensure that the size of all entries is 1 MB or less.

Winning entries will be posted in the Tomb Raider: General Discussion forum, and prizes will be mailed to the winners as noted below.

Further rules for this official Eidos promotion are as follows-

1. Winners will be notified within 52 days of closing date by e-mail or Private Message on http://forum.eidosgames.com. 2. A list of winners, including names and country, will be available within 6 weeks of competition closing. These can be obtained by sending a Stamped Addressed Envelope to the Promoter (see 9 below). 3. Eidos Interactive accept no responsibility for entries/prizes lost or distorted in transmission. 4. There is no cash alternative to the prizes. 5. Eidos Interactive reserve the right to substitute prizes with others of at least equivalent value. 6. Competition not open to employees of Eidos plc, their agents and suppliers. 7. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to. 8. No purchase necessary. 9. The competition promoter is Eidos Interactive Ltd, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3RU.

Any further questions regarding the contest, please post 'em here or PM your TR moderating staff. Good luck and here's to some really cool tributes to Lara on her birthday!
    Last edited by GoranAgar; 02-07-2008 at 09:36 AM. Reason: further clarification; switched Image

Talking

What you said: Awesome!

Such an amazing prize! I shan't enter as I am not all that good with poems or digital art.

Oh mah gawdz.. I AM SO ENTERING!

Fan Art AWAY!
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

Meh. Only thing I can do is making youtube vids.
    Last year had some amazing drawings 'n stories though. Ill look around here this year too. ^^

w00t!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Can the picture be drawn by hand?
    Yes indeed! I adjusted the text so that's more clear, thanks for pointing that out.

Count me in!

Woule you please send me a PM with the email address to send my entry to? Thank you!

I'll give it a try, for Lara! PM that email address to me too, please.

This will be nice present for my beloved ))
    Gief me e-mail also!

Oh, BTW, I have a question. Can we use pictures that aren't created by us in a totally new scene?

Smile

If you mean Eidos material, sure. If you mean other people's fan art or creation, no. That includes backgrounds you find on the internet. They are mostly someones property.

I meant renders. Is it okay to use them?

Eidos/CD/Core-produced renders are fine.

OK, then, thank you!
    Just another question, those from here can be used?

Sure, as long they were out of a game or company promotional image, or a sceen capture from a game.

Smile

One entry per person.

I'll add that to the rules.

I wanna make sure I don't break any rules so, another question. If we have an editing program and it contains various pictures, that aren't from the internet, can we use them? I have PhotoScape and it has such pics, can I use them?

Smile

You can use images that come with your software.

Thank you!

Omg What do I send it to (Email) ?? I'm in such a mood to draw as well!!!!

-Does it have to be coloured in?
    Last edited by William Croft; 02-02-2008 at 11:26 AM.
    No Comment.

I will definetely enter! I already started a pic!

You'd better send me that email address fast!

Exclamation

Remember folks, you gotta PM me, Goran, CatSuit, or another TR mod to get the PM with the email address. That's so we can better keep track of all entry requests in our PM boxes rather than trying to remember who asked for it here in this thread and then leaving someone out by mistake. Asking for it in the thread won't get it done, send us the PM.

Smile

please send me the e-mail too
    and i would like to ask you something ....
    can we make a graphic and on that photo to write something like a poem ?

Yes, you can combine graphics with words, all such art will be judged in the graphic category. All such work will be judged according to overall effect. Having words on a graphic will not be considered "more" or "less" than a graphic work without words.

I have a great idea to making a picture

Please send me the e-mail

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast