Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eidos Forums Signature AND Avatar thread.

Hey i just started here today! could anyone tell me how to put my avatar up? sorry for being a noob thank you! x
    Miss Lady Super at your service;)

Smile Welcome

Greetings, Siantbh, and welcome to the Eidos forums. Since you've just registered, you may not be able to use an avatar until you make some posts, I'm not sure. Hopefully a mod will enlighten us. See you around the forums!

hi there, I notice you guys have updated the forum software

I have a signature with embedded BBCode for italics and small text, this works fine and displays ok as you can probably see

however if I try to edit it the editor wont let me save any changes telling me the BBCode isn't valid

despite it still working which is a little confusing

do I have to remove the BBCode from my signature or is this just a temporary thing and I'll be able to save changes with BBCode in them sometime ?

I did post this in a separate thread but I guess it got lost in the mix

Is there anyway that the avatar maximum size will be raised? it is rather low.
    "I said I would let you go home, I never said alive." - The Joker

Who likes my signature!?!? I got tired of my old one "Forever hidden behind shadows". I was upset when i had that.
    Now i love my new signature....so funny, to me...
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

i like it!!
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

Sooooo....What to do in this thread anyway??
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

Default Hiya

I just joined up today; figure since I'm spending WAY too much time playing Just Cause 2, I should try to make some use of the time spent. So...

If anyone's got questions(I know it's been out a while) feel free to tap my brain, just be gentle

Oh yeah one more thing, couldn't find the answer to the avatar question. Is it something that becomes optional once the Mods see some criteria met? My UserCP has nothing about avatars or signatures. Not that it's a big deal, would just like to get the set-up stuff done in one shot.
    Ok so the answer is, in case anyone else wonders later, once a post is made, the options appear. Makes sense, why keep such things stored if the user isn't going to create posts.

Well back to Panau, hope everyone's weekend is Grand!

Tob
    Last edited by Tgreywolf; 11-05-2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Question got answered.

@daviiwilson

No offense the size allowed for avatars here sucks. Like can we not have 100x100px liek a normal forum?

No offense taken, Shaman, and...no. You'll have to suffer with our avatar size, or enjoy a larger avatar size on the other "normal" forums. You can try to beg and plead with one of the admins if you wish.

Time to start a petition and protest by bashing Eidos studios windows. Why though? You could like change the user info on the post to the left and it would look really good.

Protesting and bashing windows would likely not get you very far, Shaman. I'm sure a lot of things could be changed, but why though? Nobody is forcing you endure this forum, and it works fine the way it is. It doesn't have to look like other "normal" forums. Like I said, contact an admin if you want a change, as it is the admins who make forum changes.

BTW, welcome to the Eidos forums. I hope you'll tolerate our tiny avatars and stay a while.

Hey Eidos, I have a favor to ask you. Could you make pictures ahowing up in the signature? That would be great

how do i get an avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdagger View Post
    Hey Eidos, I have a favor to ask you. Could you make pictures ahowing up in the signature? That would be great
    We used to have that, a while ago, but people didnīt follow the rules (size) even after several warnings.
    Quote Originally Posted by KA1N View Post
    how do i get an avatar?
    Just go to User CP (top left of the screen), and then click Edit Avatar. You can upload a pic and use that link, or browse for a pic thatīs stored on your pc.

Welcome!
    signature image

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdagger View Post
    Not going to happen again. Like Love2Raid said, we had that going for years. And I spent 50% of my time here deleting signature images and explaining the (VERY SIMPLE) size regulation we had.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar View Post
    Not going to happen again. Like Love2Raid said, we had that going for years. And I spent 50% of my time here deleting signature images and explaining the (VERY SIMPLE) size regulation we had.
    Man, that's too bad, i just made a pretty cool looking Tomb Raider signature for another forum, thought i'd use it here as well, untill i found out that BB coding in signatures isn't allowed...

I understand why don't allow BB coding in signatures anymore.

I just wish people would pay more attention to the rules.
    I really don't have any idea of what i should fill this space out with...

Could the avatars be at least 100x100 pixels?
    A mature approach + innovative gameplay + the series fundamentals = TReboot :') Thank You CD <3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12