Thread: Patch won't install

Default Patch won't install

I've reinstalled the game twice, but when I try to install the patch, I get a message saying it's allready installed. When I go to play the game it's still version 1.0. Any help?

Hey, thanks alot. It works fine now.

I have the same problem .. it says that patch is allready installed
    And the above link does not work

Is this forum dead??!!

I'm pretty sure the first patch is the only patch - just download and drop the 'laptop friendly' unrared rar file into your main Imperial Glory directory.

Don't hold your breath. It seems Eidos doesn't give a crap about its customers.

Imperial Glory is/was my favourite game, but I've been trying for WEEKS now to find/get help for my naval battle bug. My mouse pointer disappears and the graphics flicker a bit then it freezes for like half a minute then unfreezes. But what's the point of it unfreezing when my mouse pointer has disappeared.

It has completely ruined my game, and I'm thinking about uninstalling it and never wasting money on an Eidos game ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by tommytoxen View Post
    Don't hold your breath. It seems Eidos doesn't give a crap about its customers.

Imperial Glory is/was my favourite game, but I've been trying for WEEKS now to find/get help for my naval battle bug. My mouse pointer disappears and the graphics flicker a bit then it freezes for like half a minute then unfreezes. But what's the point of it unfreezing when my mouse pointer has disappeared.

It has completely ruined my game, and I'm thinking about uninstalling it and never wasting money on an Eidos game ever again.

Copy the exe they give and past it over your current exe, found in your IG main folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    I have the same problem .. it says that patch is allready installed
    And the above link does not work
    Hi I had this problem. I solved it by editing the registry to remove any traces of any previously installed copy of IG or IG patch. You do have to know what you're doing, but if you're interested I can guide you through it. I was lucky as IG is the only game installed so I was able to locate things easily and know it wasn't another game!

i need a guide through it does say v1.1 on my game i type pyrogodmode i hear a battle cry a start new game i type a cheat but nothing happens so i need to uninstall path please help

Default the patch does work

here's how to patch imperial glory

1.get any imperial glory patch and extract the files to any file or folder except the pyrostudios files.

2.copy both files (the imperial glory exe file and data1. file and paste into the imperial glory file) if you have windows 7 it will ask to delete and replace the old file.if you have windows xp you may have to delete file before putting in the exe file.make sure you make backups before doing no2 step.