Page 1 of 56 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Chat Thread

Smile Open Chat Thread

So as not to spam the other boards and run off topic, how about we have a 'tonight' chat thread so we can all chat nicely to one another?

I'll start by saying that I am rather bored this evening. I left a bowl in the sink to soak about 3 hours ago and haven't even bothered to return to the kitchen. I am feeling like a sloth today - dead lazy

So, what are you all up to this evening?
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Did you paint that or do it in a programme? Either way it's good and you can always swap and change them every so often. I like it, it's very artistic and colourful.

Great picture!

It reminds me of that artist quest from Oblivion!

I don't think it suits being squished and shrunk like that though... it looks too wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    Did you paint that or do it in a programme? Either way it's good and you can always swap and change them every so often. I like it, it's very artistic and colourful.
    Alas, it was done using a program. 'Microsoft Picture It! 10' infact!

Great picture!

It reminds me of that artist quest from Oblivion!

I don't think it suits being squished and shrunk like that though... it looks too wide.
    Now I think about it, it does represent that quest a bit! hehe

I agree that it doesn't look right downsized and flattened though.
    Last edited by Dukem; 08-08-2007 at 02:37 PM.

You could (easily?) draw another one, with a small T-Rex in the background/distance, and have Lara from waist upwards with her back turned to us.

If I had any artistic talent I'd show you what I mean, but for now, my masterful grip of the English language and all it's words will have to suffice!

'Fraid I didn't draw it Omega. It's a cropped screenie from TR:A.

Ooh, interesting effect!

Print it out onto a piece of elastic, stretch it to full capacity, nail it to the sides of said scanner then scan it back in and upload it again

Ooh, interesting effect!
    It sure is! Scary how it fooled you into thinking I was the sole creator of that picture... scary.

Print it out onto a piece of elastic, stretch it to full capacity, nail it to the sides of said scanner then scan it back in and upload it again
    Umm... what??

Can't believe I started a de-frag at this time of night. It's only on 9% and been whirling away for about 20 minutes *Refills teapot

Quote Originally Posted by Dukem View Post
    It sure is! Scary how it fooled you into thinking I was the sole creator of that picture... scary.

Umm... what??
    That was one of aunty Lo's Blue Peteresque solutions

It's late, so I'll forgive ya hehe

Hehe well at least my defrag's finished. 42% free space on my hardrive (That's after emptying my recycle bin as well which was like 56 wheelie bins worth)

Quote Originally Posted by Dukem View Post
    It sure is! Scary how it fooled you into thinking I was the sole creator of that picture... scary. [/FONT]
    It only fooled me because a friend painted similar picture like that using Corel Painter 8.

I'm not sure if Corel still do the Painter line, as somebody bought them (I think it was Jasc, the folks who do Paint Shop Pro, or visa versa), but it's a piece of software you might be interested in!
    Last edited by Omega; 08-09-2007 at 03:04 AM.

Well I haven't been spending nearly enough money lately so am catching a bus into town to buy some new things I need a new indoor aerial (Look out Argos) and want to buy a teddy bear hehe and some stuff to put by for Christmas.

I shall regail you all in the 'Last thing you bought' thread.

Laters all

Do you need to spend a lot of money?
    I think its actually better to "penny pinch" or to sqeeze every penny.
    Of course if you need to spend then spend.
    signature image

I still need a summer job

I want the new Pokemon game for the DS, and I want to visit Hobby Craft (a chain of stores selling just about everything for any hobby/pastime you can imagine)!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I still need a summer job

I want the new Pokemon game for the DS, and I want to visit Hobby Craft (a chain of stores selling just about everything for any hobby/pastime you can imagine)!
    With hobby craft i think that the store itself is good although i really dont like the ad tune "if you're hobby and you know it hobbycraft".

I just felt like shopping - I usually buy only groceries, I do find it hard to spend and that's why I have money to spend when the rare urge takes me

No taxis either so had to struggle on the bus with everything. Why is it that the minute you hit the shops you start feeling hungry? Had to grab a sandwich and eat it on the bench - am too tight to pay 5 for a designer baguette in the cafes

God it was heaving in town, wall to wall shoppers.

I've never been to a Hobbycraft store to be honest.

That type of shop, stationary/office shops, and garden stores you have to keep me out of, or under a very tight leash. Otherwise, I will spend a fortune on random stuff, most of which I don't need, but I just love buying the little things.

I once brought a meter square chicken mesh/wire when in a small craft store. I didn't use it once, and it ended up going to the cleaner (I was in University Halls at the time) when I was moving out! She wanted it to keep her dogs out of the kitchen.

I have a thing for wool. I could spend another fortune on wool alone. I remember going in to wool shops with my Nan years ago, and seeing the different colours and types all stacked neatly in tiny box-shelves.

Stationary too, oh how I love stationary shops!

*calms self*

Lo - that's a perfectly student thing to do! Though I agree, it's silly to pay a higher price when you just want a quick nibble before shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post

God it was heaving in town, wall to wall shoppers.
    Or door to door stoppers.

Talking of Hobbycraft I believe I have ventured into one of these stores before Omega - certainly some like it and the prices are extortionate as any hobbyist would agree.

It's ironic in that my mother has taken up crafting in recent years and makes the most beutiful cards which I frame or certainly keep. But it's certainly the more expensive option - people used to make their own cards because it was cheaper to do so and now they end up paying stupid amounts of money for stickers, fancy lining paper and those indenting tools, glue guns, et al.

It annoys me to see that you can buy packs of stickers in the cheapy shop for 50p (6 strips) for kids. Yet the moment you slap the name 'card making accessories' or 'crafting stickers' on the pack they shoot up to about 4.

I wanted 3D fabric paints (non-washable), to cover up a wood stain mark on my fave jeans (glitter variety) but in the crafting shops they wanted about 3 each for one so I looked around the toy sections of places like Woolworths and got 6 tubes for the same price. Then I did a design with the silver one to cover up the stain on my jeans. So it's definitely a case of knowing what you want and seeing if you can get it anywhere other than hobby shops

Good evening/morning/afternoon CC chatters! How are we all doing today?

I am in happy mode tonight (GMT Venus)

Who cares to share in my happiness?

I didn't know that, about the prices. That's really annoyed me now

As for me, I'm really really bored. I have no idea what to do so I'm sitting here in front of compy waiting for people to post interesting stuff on forums and whatnot.

I've even given up thinking about a programming project I want to do

You have no idea what I just went through.

All I can say is this:

Trust nobody

Page 1 of 56 123456789101151 ... LastLast