Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556
Results 1,376 to 1,386 of 1386

Thread: Open Chat Thread

You're thinking of Haiti
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

Quote Originally Posted by KoolKat View Post
    Sorry, it was implied; it's just the way people speak in the area that I'm originally from - I sometimes forget that some things that can be picked up in speech can be lost in text.

I've certainly heard a lot more strong words about her changed shape than I would have deemed necessary. I think that the boob size alone on a fictional character are hardly enough to condemn a whole game over.

Personally I don't think Lara's ever been the same since the first 5 games but not just because of her boobs lol. I've really been trying to get into the other games but they feel like a completely different game series with a completely different character.

I've yet to try the latest one though so there's hope yet...
    I think you touched exactly the sore spot there.

A lot of fans didn't like all those changes that started with Legend. Dramatically reducing Lara's bust size with the latest game was yet another change out of many that some fans found unnecessary and a "slap in the face" to their old, beloved Lara.

People feel that Lara is being altered to fit the modern overly politically correct world. And it's also sending a message that large breasts = bad.

So sure, you could argue "it's just breasts, who cares", but the same can be argued for many other aspects of what makes Lara, Lara. Fans are not happy with the fact that she has an American-ish accent now, or that she may no longer be an aristocrat. All of those things on their own may seem small (no pun intended ), but if you add them all up...

Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    On the same note but personal observation, has anyone ever watched women climbing competitions and noticed how much closer a small busted contestant can hug the climbing surface? The center of gravity is a physical law that has to be obeyed. In terms of reality I think it would help Lara immensely to have less up front. We all have to go with what we have but having less is an asset I think when jumping from ledge to ledge.
    Fun fact - Lara isn't real. She doesn't need a breast reduction to help her with jumping from ledge to ledge

Quote Originally Posted by Stellazira View Post
    Got a call from the scammers today:
    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...-ars-technica/

Had the IT person in the house mess with him. It was entertaining to listen to. It sounded like they followed that script almost exactly.

EDIT: Link has nothing to do with the scammers themselves; Ars Technica is a tech news site and wrote down their call.
    Wonderful article! What a fun read that was, thank you for posting

I've pulled a few pranks on telemarketers, myself. It can be quite fun

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Xcom View Post
    I had the same happen to me as well (a year or so ago). It was a guy with a heavy Indian accent, and I really couldn't understand what he was saying except "Windows" and "security". I told him I have all the security I need and hang up. The next day he called again, believe it or not, telling me the same crap. I told him a few "nice" things and "politely" asked not to call me again. Luckily, he didn't.
    I have fun with these callers. I know they have a limited number of calls they can make in an hour. So... Keep putting them on hold! "Oops, sorry, there is somebody at the door" and walk away or just read for 5 minutes or so. Or, "Oops, I have a call on my other line, hold for a few minutes while I take care of it" and do the same thing. Put them on hold and kill a few minutes doing whatever.

They soon either hang up from frustration and seldom, if ever, call back. For a while I was getting salesmen or scammers every five minutes. So, I started answering the phone, "You have reached 1-800-Holy Cow! God is busy at the moment. This is Gabriel. How can I help you?" The next thing I heard was "CLICK".

For all the Monty Python fans here:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/c...Python-do.html
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    I used to have a big crush on both Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Connor....especially Renee.

I fell in love with Lucy again on Battlestar Galactica. (she made a nice blonde)

And she voiced Wonder Woman in an animated DC movie.....fitting considering that for many years, folks thought Lucy should be the new Wonder Woman.
    Yes, I had crushes on them too ! More on Lucy, however because she kicked serious butt both as "evil" Xena and "good" Xena.

When I saw her appearance on the sitcom Two & A Half Men on a syndicated network, with lighter hair, if I recall correctly, she looked very odd to me because, in my mind, I've been so accustomed to her Xena character's dark hair during that show's existence.

She was so fitting as Wonder Woman in Justice League: The New Frontier.

And, if I recall correctly, ironically, her character Xena has said to several other characters that she's been trained by some Amazonian tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    And let's not forget tracheotomy.

Btw, I never watched the full series....did she ever actually kill anyone with that delayed neck pinch attack she does...you know, the one where she says: "You have about 30 seconds left to live. Tell me what I want to know, and I'll fix it.". That attack?
    If I recall correctly, I believe when she was evil, she had the victims die because she was a cold-blooded killer with no remorse for human life.

But when she became good, she let them live, and, occasionally, knocked them out by punching their faces after attaining information she needed.

Ah, so this is the chat thread Driber was telling me about.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
    When I saw her appearance on the sitcom Two & A Half Men on a syndicated network, with lighter hair, if I recall correctly, she looked very odd to me because, in my mind, I've been so accustomed to her Xena character's dark hair during that show's existence.
    I was taken aback when I saw her in the first "Spider-Man" movie. I wasn't repulsed or anything like that, but it was a bit of a shock for the same reason...

I think it's a good look for her tho.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
    If I recall correctly, I believe when she was evil, she had the victims die because she was a cold-blooded killer with no remorse for human life.

But when she became good, she let them live, and, occasionally, knocked them out by punching their faces after attaining information she needed.
    There one thing I never understood. Not way bach when and not now.

Spoilers Xena season 6 (final season)

Another thing though. I freaking hate the ending of the series. After all these years I'm gonna take this chance to speak my mind.

Spoilers series finally Xena

So there. After all these years I finally got that out of my system.

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander Eidos Moderator

I liked it when Ash fought beside her

Haven't read those yet. I did read a big part of the novels

welcome to this forum site If you are suffering from Gmail account related problems like recover your Gmail password or hacked your Gmail account then you

can call us our Gmail mail technical support number 1-855-664-2181. or visit this web site for more details

Gmail Tech Support number 1-855-664-2181

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556