Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1386

Thread: Open Chat Thread

Happy Canada Day my fellow Canadians!

Hmmm, must be about soccer.

Couldn't care less

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

what's a soccer?
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

soccer?
    signature image

Most of the time called football, unless you live in North America, where football is a sport where you carry the ball around more than you kick it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWHARD View Post
    what's a soccer?
    A silly game that makes millions of people feel like they achieved something by sitting on their asses and drinking beer.

Or worse, get out and beat each other's heads in for not conforming to the same team.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Soccer was fun to play in gym class, way, way back when.

I preferred basketball in gym class. Or even dodgeball

Gym class kind of sucked because at the beginning of every year it appears that I'd grow and I had no idea where my limbs were anymore. There was a lot of chasing after the ball when playing volleyball.

Ahhh, still working on that hoverboard project, I see...

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander Eidos Moderator

I stunk at P.E. I always got in trouble.

Don't give up, you can do it!!!

How's that for positive input?

It'll never fly
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

Default Oh no, xyx has made me gone cross-eyed x_x

Quote Originally Posted by xzx View Post
    If X is now and in the future Y happens but then Z goes back in time to X and says "Y" is going to happen you'd have a choice. Take Y as it comes or go with Z. Y can keep being prolonged and everybody will not think any different but eventually Z will occur, which is the original Y. LOl!

Recently my smartphone fell out of my pocket so the glass became cracked. Went to the shop and of course it was out of warranty as I expected. They charged € 30 just to send it to the repair facility and came with a quote of € 198 to repair. Declined this rip off offer and asked to send it back to me.

Some internet searching revealed that I could get the repair parts for € 40 including shipping so I ordered the parts and will attempt to fix it myself. Luckily it's a popular device and someone else already completely disassembled it and documented it. It looks tricky but my hardware teacher alway said: "no risk, no fun".

Now just have to wait until I have my phone back and the parts arrive and see if I can get it to work. And try and get my € 30 back from the shop or from the phone manufacturer because seriously for that money they could've send it to china and have it fixed.

Sounds like a fun challenge, @m. Keep us posted on how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by xzx View Post
    A hoverboard is just a crude electromagnet. People though often make things seem more complicated than they really are.
    Except that a hoverboard needs to be able to levitate on all surfaces, even those that aren't very magnetic in nature (i.e., other than metal, or against another polar oposide magnet). Side note: We've had maglev trains for decades, but only a rare few. They're very costly.

Interesting twist regarding the smartphone repair. I received the parts and got a call from the shop to pick up my phone. They handed it over saying I opted not to have it repaired. However after opening the package I noticed that the touchscreen was replaced after all. So I now have a brand new screen without having to pay for it

Still have the repair parts so if it falls again I can still repair it. Quite a nice turnout, there probably was a mix up somewhere but I mentioned both on the phone and in writing that I didn't want it repaired so I'm not paying if they do end up charging me.

Quote Originally Posted by @m View Post
    Interesting twist regarding the smartphone repair. I received the parts and got a call from the shop to pick up my phone. They handed it over saying I opted not to have it repaired. However after opening the package I noticed that the touchscreen was replaced after all. So I now have a brand new screen without having to pay for it

Still have the repair parts so if it falls again I can still repair it. Quite a nice turnout, there probably was a mix up somewhere but I mentioned both on the phone and in writing that I didn't want it repaired so I'm not paying if they do end up charging me.
    HA that's awesome. You're one lucky bastard

My mobile doesn't do anything but take and receive calls. Someone keeps calling me but I'm working so can't pick it up so I have no idea who calls.

I'm going to want a new phone at some point.

Telepathy only seems to work with family unfortunately.

Well I'm from D'Burgh. The one and ONLY Burgh in the USA.
    Pittsburgh of course! Yinz talk about a bad day? How 'bout a bad last 6 months with these political commercials? It's bad enough that Mitt Romney goes over there and insults our British friends, but then he flies off to Israel and insults them there too! sheesh!
    ehh, all I can say in comfort to yinz is that YOU HAD HIM AS A GUEST for a day...

WE'RE STUCK WITH HIM ALL THE TIME!

So as not to spam the other boards and run off topic...
    AH OH! I'm in trouble.

Default Hi pidipidi39

I'm going to "friend" you. Oh shut up...
    I don't care if you don't want to be my Buddy or not ya big crybaby.
    just accept it

Oh and I looked at your profile and posts ~ you seem very nice as well as knowledgeable. Afterall, like my Boss always says, "I'm really dumb. I'm only a millionaire and seem intelligent because I surround myself with smart people."

to pipi !!! Do I know ya from Dark Cafe hunny?

*runs away*

Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast