Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Chat Thread

Happy slappers eh? never ever ever have I heard of such things lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DayLightX View Post
    Happy slappers eh? never ever ever have I heard of such things lol.
    It's a form of internet bullying where the victim is usually beaten and the cowards record it with their mobile phones and post it on you tube because they think it's hilarious to intimidate their victims even more, there's even videos of random strangers being assaulted and being recorded on video as well, what i don't get is why You tube allows this material and why the police don't intervene with it. Children can be so cruel, but i have seen adults posting such videos on there, such a good role-model for the kids NOT
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

Youtube actually said
    Said by Youtube manager on radio1:
    The responsibility of these videos lies completely with the uploaders, youtube accept no responsibility for these videos and the responsibility lies formely with the users uploading them
    Complete rubbish, youtube editors should ban the uploaders who do this and ban there IP then delete the video.

Smile

I totally agree with you but how can they be sure whats bullying and whats just some honest humor?

YouTube should be shut down. Period. IMO, it's nothing but a waste of net space. I hate the damn site. Even more so when it exacerbates the vile behaviour of people who get their kicks from happy-slapping and other such activities (pardon the pun).

And the fact that the owners show nothing but utter disdain for their responsibilities is completely reprehensible. I wish someone would happy-slap them and post it up there. What's good for the goose...

Well then i have the answer to your questions.
    Go onto youtube then type in , happy slapper gets owned, and it has a video of a happy slapper literally getting owned in a park. its captured on CCTV

I've said this before, and I say it again; I don't do YouTube. If people give me links, I give them straight back.

My reference about happy-slapper table turning was purely aimed at those who manage the site. I'm sure if they were the butt of such 'hilarity', the video would be removed post haste and court action would follow.

If you dont like youtube go onto metacafe
    It has a filter and only shows normal videos.

Sorry to keep harping on about it, but it's the aesthetics of the videos as a whole that I don't like when it comes to video sharing sites, not the content (though 90% of it is questionable). It's not entirely the fault of the people who upload, it's the ridiculous restrictions that sites like YouTube impose.
    As a digital video editor who's well and truly making the shift into hi-def, I cannot stand squinting at poor quality videos with terrible sound and dreadful frame-rates (especially the rubbish recorded on mobile phones). It's inexcusable in this day and age.

The least annoying of all these video sharing sites is Stage 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Spong View Post
    It's not entirely the fault of the people who upload, it's the ridiculous restrictions that sites like YouTube impose.
    True, they say that this is unsuitable for younger viewers but they can just sign in and click OK to watch it! talk about fake ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Spong View Post
    As a digital video editor who's well and truly making the shift into hi-def, I cannot stand squinting at poor quality videos with terrible sound and dreadful frame-rates (especially the rubbish recorded on mobile phones). It's inexcusable in this day and age.
    I know! the pixel rate is dreadful, you look at it rather than a good picture it is just full of coloured squares really, very poor indeed.
    signature image

Me thinks youtube is a good place to share vids and creations. Before it, showing anything off was hard. Now I can upload vids that I made, and original music and such.

As for the dodgy stuff, well, the net is full of that kinda stuff already.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse128 View Post
    I totally agree with you but how can they be sure whats bullying and whats just some honest humor?
    They shouldn't be posting videos like that period humour or not, i have also seen hate material posted on you tube as well with racist/homophobic and anti sematistic material yet that's the best excuse the editors can come up with
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

Smile

Another Question, why was the
    General Eidos Forums FAQ's section closed?

An observation that moderator 'sick's little boulder isnt chasing Lara on the mod avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    An observation that moderator 'sick's little boulder isnt chasing Lara on the mod avatar.

Possibly because Sick doesn't moderate the Tomb Raider boards

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    Possibly because Sick doesn't moderate the Tomb Raider boards
    Yes, but it just doesnt look right. The end of that avatar is made perfect for a boulder and to not get the satisfaction of seeing one rolling by is just well....a queasy feeling....like the axe that never falls.

Quote Originally Posted by DayLightX View Post
    Me thinks youtube is a good place to share vids and creations. Before it, showing anything off was hard. Now I can upload vids that I made, and original music and such.

As for the dodgy stuff, well, the net is full of that kinda stuff already.
    I agree with you there, its being advertised on loads of site and its annoying, such as PKR.COM
    It is good for uploading vids, i really like youtube, just the quality.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
    I agree with you there, its being advertised on loads of site and its annoying, such as PKR.COM
    It is good for uploading vids, i really like youtube, just the quality.
    Good morning or is that evening?

Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    Good morning or is that evening?
    Evening, although the clocks went back its evening, and good morning/evening to you too JBG
    Gotta go to schewl tommorow though...
    signature image

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
    i really like youtube, just the quality.
    ahlf the vids are blury and the sound muffled

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse128 View Post
    ahlf the vids are blury and the sound muffled
    Are you sure, the sound is fine, i listen to music videos on there and they are fine quality, just the picture, have you got good speakers?

Off-topic, my friend said something really dumb today at school, he said "i have a plasma and LCD TV in one, a CCTV"
    signature image

^^

and on the subject of you tube a man has been jailed because;
    a woman was walking down the street when she collapsed due to a heart attack, then this man ran up to her and began to urinate of her shouting "this is you tube material!!!!

Fanatics
    Thats bad, i never look at those videos, just the clean ones, how can one look at a victim suffereing and then laughing about it!!!!!!
    Not nice, but i still go on youtube though, mainly for music videos and gameplay videos.
    signature image

I remember then, i watched all of them last year, i checked back and watched the apple Iphone one, how can you do that to an iphone!!!!!!

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast