Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Chat Thread

I'm now posting this using my PS3's web browser. It feels strange and yet fun. Thankfully, I still have my old ergonomic keyobard with a USB connector. Therefore, it won't take me a lifetime to post.

I have a broadband connection and the router is closeby so the connection's not that bad most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by NRNR View Post
    I'm now posting this using my PS3's web browser. It feels strange and yet fun. Thankfully, I still have my old ergonomic keyobard with a USB connector. Therefore, it won't take me a lifetime to post.

I have a broadband connection and the router is closeby so the connection's not that bad most of the time.
    Sounds like a test of the 'Emergency Broadcast System' ...the local broadcasters in your area in voluntary cooperation with the FCC have devised this system to warn you in the event of an emergency.......we repeat this is only a test.*long high pitch tone for 30 seconds*

Default Silent In Sync

I'm all deflated that my previous post passed unnoticed. No matter, let me try again. Here's another poem I wrote. What do you think it's about?

Silent In Sync

One touch brings you near, one touch sends you away,
    You know where to go, I don't even say.

One touch for the New Yorker, arms open wide,
    One touch for the Promenade, then back at my side.

One touch and you turn, one touch and you sway,
    You're warm to the touch, no worries today,

Quick quick then slow, 'tis magic, I think,
    Savour the moment, silent in sync.

I read your poem Ruum and liked the last one which was addressed to Jewel so that's why possibly nobody saw it their place to comment

I shan't dare to analyse your last entry there but it sounds profound. I'll only get it wrong if I try to hazzard a guess. We have some great poems on the Cafe, must post up some of mine here some day

I hadn't thought of that. Let me clarify. The previous poems themselves weren't specifically for Jewel, it's just that I mentioned to Jewel in the past that I would post something, and I finally got around to it.

Edit: And I'll join you in your Cafe one day, and maybe post some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruum Taedor View Post
    I hadn't thought of that. Let me clarify. The previous poems themselves weren't specifically for Jewel, it's just that I mentioned to Jewel in the past that I would post something, and I finally got around to it.

Edit: And I'll join you in your Cafe one day, and maybe post some other stuff.
    That would be wonderful, it used to be a thriving board but when I was going to ammalgamate it with two others and close it people removed a lot of their entries so a new injection of talent would be welcome. There are a few of my High_Priestess10 ones dotted around on here:

http://groups.msn.com/TheWhistleStop...trycorner.msnw

You don't need to be a member to view

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    I shan't dare to analyse your last entry there but it sounds profound. I'll only get it wrong if I try to hazzard a guess.
    Not so profound, and I'm sure you have some idea. I think it's interesting to describe something without actually spelling it out.

It was the mention of New Yorker that threw me slightly. But then 'that' has been on my mind without spelling it out in terms of recent documentaries and the date of yesterday

I'm probably worng but when you get something in your mind it's hard to look beyond it!

Lol I hadn't thought of that connection either. What I am refering to is nothing so important as a world event. I'm sure someone will recognize the context, unless the references are more vague than I thought. Let's wait a bit and see.

Is it some reference to ballroom dancing?

*Steps on Ruum's toe*

Default Ballroom Dancing

I knew you had some idea, Lo.

Our Executive Secretary at the office is an avid dancer. Every lunch hour when she can, she meets at a large currently unused office room. There she assists anyone who is interested. She is not a teacher, but she shows us all the steps she can remember about ballroom and Latin dancing. I started attending because I wanted to learn something about dancing, as I knew next to nothing, and it was a great opportunity. I was terribly self-conscious at the beginning, but our Executive Secretary was very patient, for which I am grateful, and now I can concentrate more on doing the steps instead of where to look.

As I'm sure you all know, the man leads the woman in this type of dancing. What I found fascinating is how the leading is done. The man indicates his next step (his intentions, so to speak) entirely through touch, through non-verbal communication. The woman has to know the steps, but other than that she can just "go along for the ride", for the man has to do all the work. There are actually quite a few nuiances in leading, which I am learning about. I am now at the point where I have a strong lead, and am comfortable enough to take a "new" female employee, and lead her through some basic steps for dances that we've practiced. It's very gratifying for me. Actually, I found it was quite funny when my female boss decided to give it a try. She was not experienced with this type of dancing, so I had to provide a very strong lead, which meant I got to boss her around for a little while.

It would be nice to one day meet another member and participate in a Waltz or Tango. And if you stepped on my toe, Lo, I would at least be partly responsible, as I must lead correctly. Of course, with you, I suspect it would be a challenge to keep you in line, and you'll have to remember that someone else has to drive. It would be fun to boss you around for a bit hehe.

Hehe, I like Ballroom dancing but am not adept at many of the dances save perhaps the waltz. I used to stand on my dad's feet to learn certain dance moves but I do like watching the dances on TV, the professional dancing is quite mesmerising. Yes it looks very easy to the untrained eye but involves a lot of effort. Similarly I like watching the ice dance, so graceful.

Yay, I'm back (woot for finally getting a internet connection again ). Moved to a new city, and about to start my 3D animation course in 2 days. Garrrr, so not used to all the tall buildings and all the people (me = small town folk ).

A warm welcome back to the Eidos family DLX, good to hear from you and I hope you are finding your feet and settling in comfortably!!

Lo

Quote Originally Posted by DayLightX View Post
    Yay, I'm back (woot for finally getting a internet connection again ). Moved to a new city, and about to start my 3D animation course in 2 days. Garrrr, so not used to all the tall buildings and all the people (me = small town folk ).
    I hear ya, I swore I'd never live in the city, heck I couldnt even hack the small town for the few years I tried. wb

Red face

Eeerr... Something's not quite right here.

I swear I was one of the very first people to post in this thread and now, my, and others' posts are gone and replaced. But the starting post is the same though...

Thats a strange conspiracy phlip, Lo started this one , our posts aren't decreased which is what happens when posts are deleted, they cant be deleted, can they?
    ... i just saw the dates for each post near the beginning! very strange, what sort of language was in the first posts?

Quote Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
    Thats a strange conspiracy phlip, Lo started this one , our posts aren't decreased which is what happens when posts are deleted, they cant be deleted, can they?
    ... i just saw the dates for each post near the beginning! very strange, what sort of language was in the first posts?
    Yeah they can and yes they were. I explained that a month ago as did Xcom here which incidently you guys proved his point nicely. Yeah your post count went down a little too but its already so inflated does it matter?

Posts were deleted because they no longer held any relevance

It was just a general prune but if, like me, you couldn't give a rat's tail about how many posts you have made then your life on MSN forums will be pleasurable for we don't do post counts on those!

post count? what post count?

Just got home from a 3 hour karaoke session, where I was challenged to sing songs in 3 different languages

They even made me sing Tragedy Was waaaaaaaaay rough.

Quote Originally Posted by DayLightX View Post
    post count? what post count?

Just got home from a 3 hour karaoke session, where I was challenged to sing songs in 3 different languages

They even made me sing Tragedy Was waaaaaaaaay rough.

God noooooo!

Karaoke ought to be out-lawed! There's nothing worse than listening to a bunch of no-hopers screeching like a car crash down a microphone.

The song 'I will survive' is ubiquitous in karaoke circles and if I ever hear that song ever again I swear I'll sue somebody!

Allright, now that I've looked at this topic, I'll bite. But I have to change the subject
    Anyone seen this movie?
    "Zaak Alzheimer, De" aka The Alzheimer Affair aka The Alzheimer Case aka The Memory of a Killer"
    I made the mistake of starting to watch it on cable Friday night...er Sunday morning at 2:30 am (or something like that) and ending up having to watch the whole thing until 4:40am! I couldn't take my eyes off it, great atmosphere, interesting actors and some snapping dialog, of course in subtitles for us Americans.
    I've been thinking about it all yesterday and I'm still thinking about it.
    I can't say the plot was earth shatteringly original but it was a very engaging or engrossing movie. Plus, what a scary guy Jan Decleir played in the movie!

Most of my friends don't go in for movies like this so I thought I'd talk about it here

Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    Sounds like a test of the 'Emergency Broadcast System' ...the local broadcasters in your area in voluntary cooperation with the FCC have devised this system to warn you in the event of an emergency.......we repeat this is only a test.*long high pitch tone for 30 seconds*
    You know, I never realized it. Okay, now I'm back to posting using my computer. I feel more at home this way.

Anyway..

Talking

I've seen the de zaak alzheimer, I found it pretty good for a Belgian movie. Usually I find that the movies here have some lame script or it's the same actors over and over again. Jan Decleir as good as he is probably plays in about every movie here. Generally I find a movie/series in Dutch somehow harder to get into than the same genre in English. Wonder if that's the same for the English speaking people here.

Anyway I found the movie enjoyable to watch indeed not that original although I definately liked the hitman with alzheimer premise.

I don't think I've ever seen a Dutch or Belgian movie or TV show that I know of.
    I think part of what I liked about it was that so much of it seemed different, and that's probably because I haven't seen a Dutch or Belgian movies or TV shows
    The plot was a standard police/killer action suspense plot, nothing new there.
    I think, aside from seeing something different than the usual US Hollywood movie, it was the actors, the dialog and different feeling. If this film had been made in the US with American writers and actors, it would have been just like every other action movie. Maybe it was just because of where it was made and because that's new to me.
    I also really like seeing the hitman kill off the smug rich people I can't say I identified with him or even felt he was the good guy, but I did want to see the rich criminals get what they deserved

@m, can you recommend any other Jan Decleir movie or movies? I see he's been in a lot of stuff!

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast