Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    You have no idea what I just went through.

All I can say is this:

Trust nobody
    Trust nobody eh? That's a scary scary thought.

I, on the other hand, had a great day. Found out that I got accepted into media design school (watch out 3D animation, here be DLX, mwahaha )

Now I'll just have to find me a place to live, and a part time job.

Quote Originally Posted by DayLightX View Post
    Trust nobody eh? That's a scary scary thought.

I, on the other hand, had a great day. Found out that I got accepted into media design school (watch out 3D animation, here be DLX, mwahaha )

Oh that's fantastic news DLX! Well done you!!

I hope you find a part time job to help fund your new gaff!

Oh I just meant that I feel I have been deceived. I trust every one of my Eidos friends, this is just someone else who upset me last night and I took a very dim view of their behaviour

*hugs Lo*

Aww, who is this ragamuffin?*

I'll get the Gay Mafia on to them!

* Mmm, muffins.

What's happened to the chat pages? We are on page two suddenly

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    *hugs Lo*

Aww, who is this ragamuffin?*

I'll get the Gay Mafia on to them!

* Mmm, muffins.
    Thanks Lee - MSN are a pain for I blocked him and deleted him and yet there he was in my chat window this morning

I made it quite clear.

Nobody minces with the Priestess!

What's happened to the chat pages? We are on page two suddenly
    Yeah the cleanup has happened again. Ive noticed my post count drop inexplicably too over the last few weeks. Just forum moderation deleting useless posts I guess. So anyone posting in chaty threads like this will notice regression from time to time in overall count not that it matters. I expect the game ones to take hits too like the "what if". Anything that doesnt follow the guideline of contributing to the main idea and since many recent threads seem to ramble heres lots of room for trimming.

I couldn't honestly say if my post count has been altered as I knew I was over the 3,000 mark but not sure by how many.

But this IS the ramble thread! It was designed for chit-chat of any kind

Sorry about always missing you on MSN too, a mix of very bad timing

I couldn't honestly say if my post count has been altered as I knew I was over the 3,000 mark but not sure by how many.

But this IS the ramble thread! It was designed for chit-chat of any kind
    Yeah I know and my use of the word useless didnt convey what I meant at all. Sorry. The point is in a forum in the round, the posts should be circular meaning that anyone could respond and lately some resemble more im's or pms and even I have felt not welcome to post on threads that seem to be directed to only one or a few. I know that most of us here know we can comment on anything thats posted but the appearance overall to some who dont know us very well can be intimidating. So in other words the style hasnt been closely following forum style.
    Secondly because the posts on some threads resemble more im's and pm's their archive value in terms of the knowledge base are limited. They simply have no lasting value for future reference except to their owners. This is in no way to say that such personal communications shouldnt be made but that they are very subject to expiration by what they contain.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Sorry about always missing you on MSN too, a mix of very bad timing
    Aww hey don't worry sweetie, I'm rarely on and always like to leave a message and I always assume you are busy so never pester We had such a fun chat that one time about TASEEM hehehe - love your company!

@ JBG Good points and no need for apology sweetie - I wasn't offended in the slightest

Quote Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
    With hobby craft i think that the store itself is good although i really dont like the ad tune "if you're hobby and you know it hobbycraft".
    it's if your Crafty and you know it hobby craft

Smile

What's happened to the chat pages?
    As JBG correctly explained, I purged most posts from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcom View Post
    As JBG correctly explained, I purged most posts from this thread.

Why? Were they taking up too much space?

Personally I am not bothered about my post count (if indeed it has been affected), but ever the scientist I need to know on a purely 'Need to know basis'

Lightbulb

Why? Were they taking up too much space?
    Threads like this and "game" threads usually get cleaned up if they get large. This one contained nearly 700 posts. Keep in mind that unlike actual chat board which has sessions, when it comes to forums, everything gets permanently saved in the database. For chit-chat it's not really necessary... since chatting is only interesting when it's more or less actual (up to date). Nobody is going to read all 50 pages of text nor quote what somebody posted 10 pages ago, hence it just takes up space.

btw, I saved all the posts before deletion; I can post them for download if anyone's interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcom View Post
    Threads like this and "game" threads usually get cleaned up if they get large. This one contained nearly 700 posts. Keep in mind that unlike actual chat board which has sessions, when it comes to forums, everything gets permanently saved in the database. For chit-chat it's not really necessary... since chatting is only interesting when it's more or less actual (up to date). Nobody is going to read all 50 pages of text nor quote what somebody posted 10 pages ago, hence it just takes up space.

btw, I saved all the posts before deletion; I can post them for download if anyone's interested.

Xcom thank you for the explanation - most appreciated

No need to post the afore of the chat thread. I gather some post counts have been affected but as stated I could not rightly say if mine have been affected as I'm not 'in it to win it', I am here for the community feel and never keep vigil on my 'postometre'!!!

If my post count has been reduced then I am actually grateful for it is totally large for a relatively 'new' member

When Phlip returns he will be inconsolable if his post count has diminished however

I have a spare WWII helmet Xcom if you ever feel the need to prepare youself

Smile

how long till Phillip gets back?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse128 View Post
    how long till Phillip gets back?
    I think he is away for three weeks - I think he left on Monday so my guess is about a fortnight until he returns.

Time to get back to work for me...still pressure washing the roof. Have a great day or evening everyone.

Take care JBG! See ya soon

Quote Originally Posted by DayLightX View Post

That's great ! 3D Animation..

I enrolled in a vocational school some years ago but couldn't permanently decide on computer tech support or animation. So I just dropped out. I'm indecisive sometimes...

Now I work in retail. How fun !

Default Here's Something

Have any of you heard of a group called Falloutboy? They are really popular with the younger crowd. Anyways, the lead singer's name is Patrick. This last June I upgraded his sister's kitchen and then went on to upgrade his mom's front porch. I was asked to do some work on his house but haven't been able to get to it as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy 54 View Post
    Have any of you heard of a group called Falloutboy? They are really popular with the younger crowd. Anyways, the lead singer's name is Patrick. This last June I upgraded his sister's kitchen and then went on to upgrade his mom's front porch. I was asked to do some work on his house but haven't been able to get to it as yet.
    Fall out boy rule!!
    Why is everyone nuts about pete wentz though? sure he is in fall out boy but he doesn't lead sing.
    Anyways , my fav song from them has to be this aint a scene closely followed by the take over the breaks over.
    signature image

I had never heard of them until I worked for the sister. I saw platinum records on her wall, so I figured they must be liked. It wasn't until later that I discovered just how popular they are. I have not met any of them, but eventually I'll probably meet Patrick. I thought Thanks For The Memories was a good song.

Talking

Was a very good, song , they are very talented at writing music.
    I reckon Fallout boy is aimed at teens between 12-18 years of age.
    As being 14, i love it.
    I would like to meet patrick but then again i would like to meet any band member.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
    Was a very good, song , they are very talented at writing music.
    I reckon Fallout boy is aimed at teens between 12-18 years of age.
    As being 14, i love it.
    I would like to meet patrick but then again i would like to meet any band member.
    i like something will a little more substance personally. All these teenagers with guitars and its basically rock/ pop. not Rock.

some of its ok, but i wish they wouldn't keep dishing out all this plastic rock, as you could call it ( made that up on the spot )
    First it was plastic pop, now it is plastic rock pop pickers

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast