Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The official Eidos pet thread

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWHARD View Post
    Well, I've posted in all the other photo threads...

I'm down to two cats now-

Widget is the REALLY FAT one almost sitting in her food bowl and the little new guy who's trying to take over Widget's bed is Squeaky. He doesn't really meow, he makes high pitched squeaks.
    Here's Squeak looking like a devil cat or one of those TR cat mummies!
    Georgous Both of them the wee tabby one is just like mine lol
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    She's lovely!

Here's my pet, she sits on my desk and is also called Lara!

I got her today for the princely sum of 5 from the florist down the road from Eidos HQ

Awesome!

Those things thrive in well drained soil, so it my be a good idea to repot it, with a mixture of one part grit for three parts compost.

Another fun use for plants is to put things in the pot.

I've got little gem stones and small action figures with my cactii

Cool

Just took these:

You can see MONTY's smiling:

POPPY doesn't like her picture being taken...

... but she's happy.

Hope you liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    They do seem to have a knack for predicting things - they all line up at the door before our car is even in view at home according to our neighbours
    One of my old cats could hear my keys jingling from far away and would be pacing by the door a good ten minutes before I got there.
    The cats I have now? We open the door, enter the apartment, and see a fuzzy butt and tail disappearing around a corner!

Quote Originally Posted by DEEKMAN View Post
    One of my old cats could hear my keys jingling from far away and would be pacing by the door a good ten minutes before I got there.
    The cats I have now? We open the door, enter the apartment, and see a fuzzy butt and tail disappearing around a corner!
    Sorry folks I keep forgetting to check all the lovely pics in this thread and boy, what lovely pets you all have

Cat & Deek, I am more of a cat person too and plan to have more some day when the time and circumstances are right. I worry about any cat of mine being hurt around here because there are many kids with certain 'tendencies'.

Plus there are other factors like living miles from the nearest vet.

I like dogs too of course but I had a guest recently with a little terrier and it left an absolute blanket of white hair all over the red rug I vacuumed but even now I am finding the odd one and I hate hair. Jinx my German Shephard lived in the kitchen and the laundry room which was attached for he'd mault enough to fill a pillow, often and also dogs pong a bit when wet

Dogs are lovely but they are a handful whereas cats just pretty much look after themselves and don't require an awful lot of work. I just wished they had a bit more road sense sometimes or that people would drive slower through villages - so many cats and foxes get killed on the roads in mum's area.

Dogs are lovely but they are a handful whereas cats just pretty much look after themselves and don't require an awful lot of work. I just wished they had a bit more road sense sometimes or that people would drive slower through villages - so many cats and foxes get killed on the roads in mum's area.
    True , but dogs are more loyal and if you can take care of dogs , loyalty is a precious thing.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
    True , but dogs are more loyal and if you can take care of dogs , loyalty is a precious thing.
    I love dogs as well, unfortunatley i can't have one it just wouldn't be fair so a cats the best option, for a wee bit of companionship, Cats can be very loyal as well, but don't really dote on you the same as dogs as they like their independance
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

Arrow

... so many cats and foxes get killed on the roads in mum's area.
    That's part of the many-faceted health reason why my cats are always indoor cats...that and the seriously declining songbird populations due to housepet predation.

I've always wondered how folk manage to keep them in though - don't they start climbing the curtains trying to escape through the window? I know mine used to as kittens before they were allowed out into the big wide world - they wreaked havoc but then that's just the playful nature of all kitties.

Some cats can be equally loyal as their canine counterparts Cazzer - some more so in fact. An old lady down in mum's village gets off the bus every Friday and her cat always runs up the drive to welcome her. Cats are largely more independant but you occasionally get a character who'll follow you around like a lapdog and even sunuggle down under the duvet with you at night

I've always wondered how folk manage to keep them in though - don't they start climbing the curtains trying to escape through the window?
    Mine aren't even the least bit interested in even going up on the window sill for a look! Well, Shep might climb up there if you're standing there looking out. But he just wants to bump into you and get pets.
    He's really strange when it comes to pets. If he's walking around and you try to pet him, he tries to duck away from the pet. But every morning he climbs on to one of our dressers and loves getting petted while he's there.
    Or if he decides to come sit with you on the couch or on the bed.
    He won't sit on laps, but he loves being picked up and will go totally relaxed over your shoulder. (He doesn't really like the act of actually being picked up but he does like being up on our shoulders once he's there.
    Yuri doesn't like being picked up and doesn't like being held. If you pick him up he will try to position himself on your arm as if sitting on a ledge.
    Yuri loves pets and belly rubs at any time any place.
    On the other hand, they're both very aloof, too!

Smile

He won't sit on laps, but he loves being picked up and will go totally relaxed over your shoulder. (He doesn't really like the act of actually being picked up but he does like being up on our shoulders once he's there.
    Holly did the same thing.

I had two cats a little like this. Honey the first would gladly drape over my shoulder, supporting herself whilst I was ironing.

Jackson the first was actually very tactile - unusually so for a tom cat. I'd pick him up and he was so trusting that he'd actually roll over in my hands when small. He'd roll onto his back too when on the floor and would love his tummy to be rubbed. Most cats don't tolerate this at all. Jackson the second didn't like to be picked up but liked laps as did his sister Bonnie. Jackson would actually sprawl out on my lap, on his back, fully trusting. If he started to slip down so his head was upside down in my knees I'd gently grab his two back legs and hoist him upwards again and he never batted an eyelid

I also got my last two accustomed to the vacuum cleaner and Jackson would love to have his chest vacuumed with the nozzle

I also got my last two accustomed to the vacuum cleaner and Jackson would love to have his chest vacuumed with the nozzle
    That'll never happen in our house.
    Even just gently knocking into any of the attachments, sends the boys scurrying!

That'll never happen in our house.
    Even just gently knocking into any of the attachments, sends the boys scurrying!
    Same with many cats. In fact my two were much the same and I used to vacuum often and it always terrified them so I decided to try and get them to associate the vacuum cleaner with treats and so on. I would show them the nozzle when the hoover was off (detach it first), so they could sniff it and so on.

I'd put treats by the pipe and all that jazz. I'd stroke them with the nozzle when the vacuum was off and gradually I'd press the hoover switch half way to get it to rev up very briefly but far away from the cats then gradually get closer.

It's a time consuming job and although they lay on the couch or windowledge looking nervously as I vacuumed they gradually learned it wasn't a threat and didn't leap off and scarper out of the room!

When vacuuming them I would approach gradually with my hand out first, no sudden movements to undo all my good work and gradually approach while stroking the cat (vacuum switched on to maintain consistency - I would always fire up the vacuum in another room and approach the lounge gradually). Then whoosh, the nozzle sucked in a huge chunk of the cat's chest and he loved it when I moved it up and down, hie eyes would gradually close in ecstacy. Bonnie was a little more timid but she'd tolerate it for a little while!! The point being that they no longer evacuated the room when they saw the robot with the long trunk approaching

Chance always wants out but I always tie him up to the clothes line and keep a watchfull eye on him since our area has a lot of wildlife including coyotes and the odd cougar sighting. We also live on a busy road that intersects with a major highway. been a lot of cats last year that were run over so he doesn't go to far. He has mannaged to sneak out when I 'm preoccupied but just hangs around sniffing out the yard. It's very intertaining watching him when he does want out , he'll do sommersaults at the doors and paw at the windows.I he does get loose in the back yard and I'm trying to catch him he starts hugging the trees out back as if to say home free hahahaha. Cheeky bugger.
    Last edited by dragonfly2; 08-10-2007 at 05:29 PM.

This is my cat Tommy

Last edited by kat6234; 08-04-2007 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kat6234 View Post
    This is my cat Tommy

Awww.
    Nice cat.

Talking here is some pics of my cats

im not sure if you would be able to see them if you don't have a bebo account

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.js...oId=3766973056

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    Your cat looks very much like one of mine! I'll have to take some pics of them!

Close-ups of my cats:

Aww, all these pets are sooo adorable. i took this of my fluffball today with my phone, not so good quality, but you'll get the idea!

Kimi;

Last edited by Rai; 08-29-2007 at 03:53 PM.

Very cute pets

My dog (with my grandmom )

He's name is Max

Last edited by Ruum Taedor; 09-19-2007 at 08:23 AM. Reason: added link to second post

My dog Meg

Gimme the stick!

Hehe Chance cuddling up on my lap. managed to take it with my camera phone.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast