Thread: Staticon and Skustings Sig asylum

Default Staticon and Skustings Sig asylum

Welcome, one and all. Pic by Cap'n Skusting
    If you are in need of a sig pic - This is the place to come.

A few points to note:
    • Please try to let me know, as clearly as possible, what is required. This saves time doing many versions to arrive at a suitable sig.
    • If possible, post specific images, or a link to them, with the request. It saves me a lot of time searching which, as a matter of policy, I am no longer prepared to do.
    • I can now offer a sig hosting service. I have plenty of space on my server at present and bandwidth has not been a problem yet so I shall keep an eye on it and see how it goes. If you have your own webspace, please feel free to host the image yourself.
    • If you prefer to host your sig elsewhere, there a few hosting sites that I know of. I have not used them myself but you may want to give them a go. They are photobucket and Sig Host.
    • This thread will be edited regularly to keep size down and speed up.
    • To see a gallery of all my sig work and all currently hosted sig pics Click Here.
    • To see some Frequently Asked Questions concerning sigs, Click Here
    • For a walkthrough guide on sig creation using PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro, Click Here
    • Please, do NOT PM requests for sigs to me. When it gets busy, my 'in' box fills up. All sig requests should be posted in this thread. Thanks.
    • We are not the only sig creators on the forum and we welcome input from other makers. The more style variety, the better.
      If you would like your sig created by someone other than myself or the good Captain, please feel free to state your creator of choice. If they don't respond quickly, I'll PM them to let them know that their services are required.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by staticon; 08-13-2008 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Replacing Hostmysig
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image
    myspace.com/morestatgrav - Updated in Jul '09 with 10 new tracks.

Default Frequently Asked Questions

One of the most frequently asked questions is 'How do I get my sig to display?'
    So here is how you do it.
    • If your sig picture is already online and displaying in the browser, right click on the image of your sig and select 'Properties'
    • Hilight the address (ie. the line that reads something like http://www.staticon.co.uk/hosted_pix/your_sig.jpg) and copy it.
    • Click the User CP link at the top of the page.
    • In the Control Panel, to the left of the screen, click 'Edit Signature'
    • In the text box, type '[IMG]'
    • Paste the URL you copied earlier.
    • At the end of the line, type '[/IMG]'
    • Click the 'Save Signature' button at the bottom of the page.
    • Whenever you wish to add your sig to a post, just check the 'Show Signature:' box at the bottom of the 'Post Reply' screen.
    Another is 'Why can I not post a sig picture?'
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidos Boards FAQ

New Player entering the game.

Every newly registered user. New Players can not have images in their signature and can not post polls.

Gamer

After being a New Player here for 30 posts and 14 days you become a gamer. You can now have images in your signature and post your own polls.
    Many questions can be answered by searching the 'Eidos Forums - FAQ' (Second link from left below the Eidos banner) or clicking HERE. There are some other frequently asked questions which can be found by clicking THIS LINK . Hope it helps.
    Last edited by staticon; 08-13-2008 at 08:41 AM.

Exclamation Sig Creation Tutorials

I have had a tutorial on sig creation with Photoshop linked from this thread for some time.

Many people have asked how to create a sig using other packages so, I thought it was about time that I investigated some of the alternatives and to create more tutorials.

I have just completed a Paint Shop Pro tutorial and turned out a reasonably decent sig with it. It was an interesting experience as I was learning at the same time as creating - it was a little frustrating at times but ultimately rewarding to see the end result.

If you wish to see the tutorials, Click Here.

I think I may stick with Photoshop, mainly because I know what I am doing with it, but I may well have a go at this with other packages. I am thinking of doing The GIMP next but are there any other suggestions?
    Last edited by staticon; 06-30-2007 at 07:04 AM.

Exclamation The Graphics Challenges

As this is, primarily, a graphics thread, I thought I would also keep this here:

In days of yore, we used to run a series of Graphics Challenges whereby, a member (usually the winner of the previous challenge) would name a topic and everyone else was invited to create a graphic based on that topic.

When enough entries had been submitted, the graphics were put to a poll on which any forum member could vote for their favourite.

For some years, Solange preserved these on her web site and we kept links to these pages in the rules thread.

However, at the end of May 2007, she had to delete these pages due to space concerns. Also, interest in participating in these challenges had waned and entry levels were very low.

I felt it a shame to lose the wealth of graphic talent that had been on display, so I have now transferred all available pictures to my web space and modified the links in the rules thread.

If you wish to see what went on back then, take a look HERE.

Hopefully, one day, we may take up the gauntlet once more and re-institute the Graphics Challenges.

Enjoy

Yours is quite good Tessa, don't be embarrassed!

Here's mine in it's full scale (photobucket went weird on me before, I do apologise! )

Thanks lil.. here is another try.

omg, that's perfect! Thank you!

Tessa, i hate to have to ask, but would you mind keeping it on your photobucket account? since i don't have an account with them and would never use it for anything else ever again, there's not much point in me having one
    Last edited by staticon; 10-02-2008 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLaraCroft12 View Post
    Tessa, i hate to have to ask, but would you mind keeping it on your photobucket account? since i don't have an account with them and would never use it for anything else ever again, there's not much point in me having one
    Sure

Both of those sigs are excellent.

Thanks for keeping the customers happy, TTR007 and Lil - I've been away from the forum for a few days working on another project and could have been a while responding.

BTW - hope you don't mind me deleting some of the earlier posts - I try to keep the asylum down to a single page.

LadyLaraCroft12 - your sig is showing as a URL. To show the graphic, you need to edit your sig and place {img} at the beginning of the address and {/img} at the end. Replace the {} with [] to make it work, though.
    Last edited by staticon; 10-02-2008 at 08:31 AM.

Red face

It was fun while it lasted. I am going to miss this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar View Post
    It was fun while it lasted. I am going to miss this thread.
    I'll miss it too....
    Last edited by Raindrops Melody; 01-03-2009 at 08:15 AM.