Eidos Forums

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Eidos Classics > Commandos Series > Commandos - General Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Commanods 5
Yes 86 86.87%
No 0 0%
Maybe 13 13.13%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2006, 06:00 AM
New Player

Default Commandos 5

i know the other one has ony just come out, but i was wonding if they have thought about it, or even if you guys would be willing to buy it???
Old 10-25-2006, 10:43 AM

Id go for a newer commandos if they go back to the old control/ tactic style overhead gameplay. Maybe that should be a poll? which control type do people prefer?
Old 10-30-2006, 11:25 PM
New Player

I prefer the older style. Commandos shouldn't try to copy games like Call of Duty and other FPS. Commandos is unique because of the gameplay in commandos 1-3.

I hope, if there will be a Commandos 5, that they will go back to old glory and give the graphics an update. A bit like the Command & Conquer serie.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:51 AM
New Player

Default Yes

Yes I would definitely buy the game if they develop it like the previous strategic sequels i.e 1-3. I love those tactical battles and I would love to play the game.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Gamer

Ill buy, if the game is similiar to C2 and C3. SF was too much COD, MOH(which also are great games), But we dont want Commandos to be those games. We want it to be Commandos.

PS: It would be better if you could write Commandos in the poll. not Commanods

Last edited by Nzap; 11-10-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Gamer

if the next Commandos is even a bit similar to the 1st one
i'd buy it without a doubt
BTCOD is fine too
but after that i lost interest
i'm playing CSF now and it offers just a tiny fraction of the excitement i experienced in BEL
so, back to BEL with better graphics
Old 11-28-2006, 05:15 AM
Gamer

Lightbulb

Perhaps something along the lines of COH with an overhead view as well. But since I don't see the point in moving back to 2d, I would prefer a full blown
3d purely strategy driven commandos game. Getting back to basics is what Pyro should do right now.

Iakovos

Newsflash Editor (Commandos Tactics)
Dropzone's Second In command (after the Boss, Jim Morris)
www.strategyplanet.com/commandos/
Old 01-21-2007, 08:03 AM
New Player

Default Commando 5?

I would buy Commando 5 if it went back to the style of 1,2,3.
The best missions are the ones where you have to plan the mission and escape carefully without setting off alarms.
Also, great missions are the ones where full battles happen (saving smith, burma).
Many of the missions in 5 were not very interesting to play.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:26 PM
New Player

I agree. I don't really like fps much, and I just love the stealth missions of 2 and 3. I don't like the time limits much, but I can live with it. But the requirment for me to get C5 would be it coming out for mac...
Old 01-24-2007, 09:26 AM
New Player

Something like C2: DP is what i would like
Old 01-25-2007, 03:22 PM
New Player

Thumbs down gimme the old school!!!!

what have they done to old school commandos? i dont like c3 and sf. If they would get back to the good old-days style id buy it
Old 06-15-2007, 08:25 AM
New Player

Default commandoes 4 suckssss

Eidos made the biggest mistake by making commandoes first person, I am a fan of the entire series until now and I'm sure there are lots of people out there who feel the same way about this game but how can they switch the actual strategis play to first person? I never bought the latest commandos game and this goes for many other Commandos lovers who never did and the reson being the entire idea of stratigical play is gone now !
Some of the things I would love to see in commandos 5 are :

1- Back to (overhead) strategic view
2- Modular game design where they can release new stages instead of releasing entire new games ...this way they can have 1 scenario every 6 months .

sticking to first person will do no good !!!
Old 07-08-2007, 10:22 PM
New Player

Default My idea for Commandos 5

Why they dont make Commandos 1 with the Performance and details of Commandos 3?
If they do that then i will buy him!
Old 09-17-2007, 02:32 AM
New Player

Cool We are surely not joking - want Commandos 5

Please don't let this Commandos series go away. I would definitely buy the next sequel. However, I would prefer the game with the old style of playing mode, and of course with a better graphics engine. Also, just for making the game more realistic, don't take the fun out of it.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:59 PM
New Player

strike force sucked, so it would be awesome if EIDOS will brin old gamin style back
Old 10-09-2007, 08:49 AM
New Player

Default My commandos 5 thoughts ...

I've played all the Commandos games so far. I've not spent more time on any other games.

I greatly enjoyed BEL, Beyond the Call of Duty back in the day.
Commandos 2 is my personal favorite. It was lengthy and fun to play, loads of different missions. Best bang for my buck.

Commandos 3 I bought for 80$ Canadian. I like it while it lasted, but for the time it took me to go through it, it wasn't worth that much money. It was way to short, in comparison to commandos 2. Not enough missions. Was probably worth 20$ or less.

I recently bought Strike Force at Zellers for 5$. I've played through it twice already and it was fun for the price I paid, no regrets. Now, it could have been better. It held some features from the previous games but not enough. Some beloved characters were missing(Loved the thief, sapper!); no hiding bodies especially wasn't true to the series. It should not have carried the "Commandos" name. It would have been better had they put elements of the Hitman series in it(hiding bodies especially).

For the next game, I would like to see a return to the same interface as Commandos 3 but better. With the previous games though they've already explored many of the theaters of the war. One is left to wonder what campaigns, locations they could choose. I would like to see them go where no one has before, feature campaigns and battles not normally showed in WW2 games.

I would like to control Axis forces, since I'm sure they had commandos as well during the early goings of the war. Not many games have done so. Codename Panzers was a series that did this and it worked well.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Gamer

i will buy a comando dvd if it is like "men of courage" or "db" but not like csf...i forgot to mention one thing........i wana play commanods which can run on my pc.i will not be able to play commndos if i will have to make alot of hardware changes in my pc. because it is really expensive in our part of world.....take care

Last edited by maham_ali; 10-10-2007 at 05:58 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:44 AM
New Player

Default well !!!!!!

dear maham, i guess you dont like the game because its difficult to play, to me, it is one of the best games i have ever played, the game play, the music and the missions are awesome! if you can not upgrade your pc for games, dont bother playing games or even looking for upgrading softwares, because this technology, eventually will keep on changing .......... i used to have a pantium 200 MMX in 1996 with 32 MB of Ram and i thought that its the max speed machine but now you see ......... how things have been upgraded ........... ever software version is more enhanced and require good hardware, its not the commandos game only, tombraider legend, hitman, resident evil ....... similarly newer versions of windows and other application softwares .......... i suggest you should buy a PS3, that will take care of your problems for atleast a couple of years !
Old 10-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Immersion Killer
Eidos Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maham_ali View Post
i will buy a comando dvd if it is like "men of courage" or "db" but not like csf...i forgot to mention one thing........i wana play commanods which can run on my pc.i will not be able to play commndos if i will have to make alot of hardware changes in my pc. because it is really expensive in our part of world.....take care
In your posts you mention Men Of Courage and destination berlin but did you play behind enemy lines and beyond the call of duty? They don't require the latest hardware and well are the first games in the series so definately worth playing. I also find that today you can still see how much impact graphicly it had back then.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:46 PM
New Player

I will buy Commandos 5 if it's a strategy game like Commandos 1, 2, 3.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Gamer

I'd buy C5 without hesitation but it would have to be like the classic commandos not a FPS.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:33 AM
New Player

Default commandos 5

I only buy it when it's the good old strategy game
Old 11-09-2007, 07:36 AM
New Player

.. Commandos 2 MoC was the best game in series for me. C3 Destination Berlin was good too, but I was so disappointed when I discovered that the game was without co-op in multiplayer. I remember that C2 was finished by me about 5 times on single player, and about 100+ times on multiplayer!! (C3 finished once and that was all). It was so fun playing with my friends. So multiplayer co-op game mode in Commandos 5 is must-have option.

Sorry for my bad english
Old 11-23-2007, 04:13 PM
New Player

I think it would be called Commandos 4, but yes, I would buy it, but only if it had the controls, HUD and sound ripple when running from C2.

They should also add a few features from Desperados such as recording moves and being able to throw knives. Commandos has better enemy view cones than Desperados though.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:23 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by @m View Post
In your posts you mention Men Of Courage and destination berlin but did you play behind enemy lines and beyond the call of duty? They don't require the latest hardware and well are the first games in the series so definately worth playing. I also find that today you can still see how much impact graphicly it had back then.

well i have played these two games alot of times............ ...i simply love them...... .................please dont try to change my comandos game........thanks alot.......