Thread: New Robin Hood to the BBC.

Cool New Robin Hood to the BBC.

New Robin Hood to the BBC.
    There is a New Robin Hood starting next Week. It looks good. It always reminds me of "Thiefy" things. I always liked Robin Hood
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/robinhood/

I don't know if you can get BBC in the US. Though I thought you might on satelite. There is on the trailer a new game coming as well, which looks very Interesting. Kind of Thief too.

BBC is pretty common channel in US cable tv lineups. This series looks very cool, will have to watch one day

I will take a look at the TV.show and see how it is after all its the first Robin Hood TV.show since the one that came out in the 50's with Richard Green in the lead role as Robin Hood.

Tin Star
    There is no honor among thieves.

The last Robin Hood series was in the 80s called 'Robin of Sherwood' it was excellent. Had a fan base in the US so you guys must have got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enili
    The last Robin Hood series was in the 80s called 'Robin of Sherwood' it was excellent. Had a fan base in the US so you guys must have got it.
    Never heard of the series 'Robin of Sherwood' but then again they don't aways show a TV.series across the whole US. they some times air shows only in parts of the country and not in every state.

Tin Star
    There is no honor among thieves.

I remember the first Robin Hood.. Unfortunately.
    The second one was quite good,It had Sean Connery's Son Jason for a time as Robin. A little over dramatized.
    This one looks like it will show Robin as a little darker. Will have to see. I will watch. Robin has something like Thief to it for me. Medieval Castles and weapons will have to see.

In my book Robin Hood and Thief were always on the same page. As for BBC I've only it on ceartian channels at ceartian times so I'm not sure if I can watch the show. I do however wonder who would win a stealing contest between the legendary green hooded arrow shotter and our blackhooded taffer boy of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Collins
    In my book Robin Hood and Thief were always on the same page.
    Well I wouldn't go as far as to say Robin and Garrett are on the same page, but I'll meet you half way and say they are sort of in the same book (depends on how far you are willing to stretch your bow string so to speak).

As far as new BBC serise of Robin of Sherwood... well I gave up watching TV for the most part but anything is better than all this reality/celebrity BS I've been hearing about down my local. The 80's ITV series was kinda good until that rather good bloke jacked it in and we ended up being subjected to Sean Connery's son for the remainder of it's air time. I'd still rather sit down and watch some repeats of the original BBC Robin with it's uber sexy intro tunage...

"Robin Hood, Robin Hood riding through the glens.... "

What really tweaks my black jack is all the fuss ITV made over the fact that the BBC decided to resurrect the series. ITV claimed it was thier own franchise but it was the BBC that came up with the original televised version anyway. I won't even go into the technicalities of how a broadcasting company can try to clam the rights to a semi-mythical figure in the first place. If this newest incarnation is any good, then I might just buckle up for some oldschool swashing - and a little bow work!

We shall see.

Edit: Actually, I don't know why I'm dwelling on this but it got me thinking of the oldschool/goodtimes I used to have watching TV, and I just can't let this obvious opportunity slip by without mentioning Maid Marrien and Her merry Men: Now that show beat down most 'adult' TV that happened to be on air at the time simply becouse it was so darn good. I remember my parents (and most of my friends parents aswell) getting hooked on what was basically a 'kids' show - I even remember video-taping episodes for my dad becouse he didn't get home from work in time. Everyone loved that show. Let's bring that back!
    Last edited by Gumdrop; 10-01-2006 at 02:21 AM.

I remember "Robin Hood riding through the Glens".
    Too much reality tV at the moment. The Robin of Sherwood was not so good in my book. I would not mind watching some of thes real ols shows again.
    This new Robin I watched. The "Beeb" has made a big thing of it. I liked it.
    Thought it was actually really good fun!. Some humour in it. It might turn out okay. A little OTT.Well they did not Bathe then.
    I loved the way, He rescued them.. Now an Outlaw. Good fun

Nope don't like the new bbc one. Since when has the sheriff of nottingham worn pin-stripe trousers? The norman helmets are over stylised and look rubbish, should have kept to reality.
    Also as an archer myself, I find all his impossible shots obscene. I would have trouble pulling them off with my kit, barebow would be impossible! Nice touch he's one of those middle-eastern style bows (same breed as hungarian scythian and assyrian) as they were much better to handle than the longbow and nicer to shoot too!!

After seeing the first four episodes so far here's my view:

I sort of like it.

It's cheesy and silly and melodramatic and dorky, but still kinda cool and fun at the same time. I was hoping for awesome, grand, epic, gritty, and got none of that, but what I did get is okay enough. So while I'm certainly quite disappointed, it's not that bad and I would say worth watching.

I don't know anything about authentic costumes or helmets or anything. I like the outfits as far as I can see. I like the Sheriff and Guy of Gisbon far more than Robin or John or anyone else.

Marion's too fat, but oh well, she's still sort of good looking. I suppose a medieval noble woman couldn't be all thin and cute like Keira Knightly, so that was too much to wish for.

Robin has a weird baby face. And he completely reminds me of 6 year old Haley Joel Osment!

Last edited by Komag; 11-05-2006 at 09:07 PM.