Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Cause PC Bug Report! Post yours here!

Default Just Cause PC Bug Report! Post yours here!

Although I am most def enjoying this game it is becoming harder and harder to ignore the mountain of bugs the game has shipped with. So post your own findings below mine.

Graphics

When cars come into view from a distance they like have this section of the vehicle that is seperate from the rest floating in mind air along side it. but hwen you get close it dissapears and the vehicle looks normal!
    The same sort of thing happens when you watch someone on either a bike or a jet ski, but this time they dont have their hands holding the steering bars and instead they are just stuck in a kind of dummy frozen position until they get close enough!
    Every now and again you will see parts of the road dissapear or start to clip, but when you move onto the road itself it goes away
    Sometimes the sky will flicker for no reason
    Lotsa clipping!
    People can walk through the tires of the vampire monster truck
    Vehicles can become stuck on very small rocks (and even other cars)
    People getting stuck all over the place! then they start doing that mad clipping dance until they free themselves

Sound
    WHY CANT I HEAR MY OWN VEHICLES!?!?!?! part from this everything else seems a ok!

Game
    Game physics make the game kinda mental at times, especially when you have the slow mo camera enabled! say you will be driving along on a bike and get pushed then the action camera will kick in for no reason (maybe you are spinning or just doing a small jump) and it kinda of wrecks the action camera
    Garages at your hideouts dont always open when you walk up to them which means you cant get to the goodies you parked inside
    Spotting mental npcs who suddenly get off jetskis and then decide to walk up the side of a mountain in the middle of the sea! theres lotsa stuff like this goin on but I guess you have to spot it when it happens
    Why is it Rico can actually climb pretty much any hill in the game no mater how steep it is?!?! makes you feel like you can cheat the game by taking shortcuts which kind of makes it less fun (unless you are looking to base jump) which actually makes it useful!

Erm, cant think of much else at the moment so add anything I have missed

Askem... prob a good idea to post your PC spec along with any posts like this, everyones PC differs so chances are not many others experience the same problems as you (I for one don't).

I actually haven't noticed any bugs as such so far, apart from the lack of gamepad control support... and the fact I can't map my middle mouse button, but I mentioned these in a prev post.

But I haven;t been playing it that much tbh, so if I spot any bugs Ill be sure to post them

Default PC Specs

Athlon-64 3400+
    Chaintech Nforce 3
    X800XT 256mb Platinum
    Audigy 2 Zs
    Maxtor 200GB 7200RPM
    1GB 3200

Gfx settings Max
    1280 Res

Avg FPS 40fps
    Last edited by Askem; 09-23-2006 at 12:36 PM.

I just wanna know how to adjust the mouse sensitivity....

Default Falling through the scenery

Pretty early on, I had to go to some place near the airport on one of the NE islands, but I tried a few different roads to get there and whenever I approached from the NE of the airfield, I'd fall through the ground. All objects would do that too. If I walked to near where the "edge" was, I'd see objects spawning & immediately falling below the ground! Oops.
    I had to come at the airfield from the other side of the island in the end.
    The mouse sensitivity is a really overlooked problem, I think. I had to turn mine up to maximum in windows, and it's just about okay now, but why not have an option for it in the game? It takes time to quit the game, adjust, reload the game, try, quit the game, adjust... Didn't anyone think this was a problem?
    It would be nice to be able to gauge the health of your vehicle a bit better, so you can guess when it's going to burst into flames.
    Generally, though, it's a brilliant game. And the graphics are absolutely beautiful.

A problem I keep getting now which is really p*ssing me off is if you are on a bike and are about to hit another vehicle, I would tend to slide away from it... BIG mistake as you will slide under the damn thing and get stuck inside the other car. I had to exit the game and reload to get out of the problem, real screw up that was as I was right in the middle of a mission

AMD 2800+
    1 gig of ram
    ATI 9800XT

Getting all kinds of artifacts after about 5-10 mins of play, artifacts like the pixels are getting streched and distorted. or Polygons getting blown way larger than they used to be. really upsets game play and makes it hard to see.

After parking a vehil in a garage at hideout then saveing the vehicle is gone. Garage doors don't always open. can't enter any safe house's
    Help X/
    Last edited by Sarn; 09-25-2006 at 10:05 AM.

um.....the whole game is a god dam bug!!!

if u die and use continu u lose all ure wepons right(not if u are in s story misson), no harm you picke them up agin at ure safe haous but then u pick up the c4-with a trigger u dont get the trigger.

I'm so frustrated by this game I'm compelled to post here(and email avalanche). The problem is the game's got so much potential, but a miriad of small issues add up to be a complete pain in my ass.

Here's the small list I came up with in the hour or so I played. This is the PC version.

Birds fly through buildings(not a really big deal, but just sloppy)

Motorcycles do piroettes if jumping from hills at the right angle. It stops and spins on the front wheel a few times.

Tons of clipping issues. If I jump in the bed of a truck(or most any vehicle for that matter), I am hovering in mid air a few feet above the bed.

Horribly implemented auto-aim---This is a PC we don't need autoaim with a mouse if the controls are solid.

All vehicle physics are wonky.

Non-existant AI. NPCs walking around doing ridiculous things, shooting at walls.

Ridiculous Pop-up and mysteriously appearing bad guys. They spawn on top of you...behind you... C'mon guys, this isn't Doom2.

Almost invincible. I was running through the mission where you liberate the first town. I had 1/4 bar f health when I started...didn't pick up any health packs on the way and after seeing my screen flash red non stop had almost the same ammount opf health when I finnished.

Did I mention the aiming system is FUBAR?

No mouse cursor in the menu?

No mouse sensitivity adjustment?

I can't map my mouse buttons? I've got a Logitec Mx518. I can't use the middle or the side buttons.

I can drive my motorcycle through the smaller trees. They've got to be at least 4" thick. At least make them knock over, not fade to see-through when I pass through them.

When I do crash the motorcycle, no matter how fast I'm going my guys does a flip and lands on his feet?

I had to uninstall this game because it frustrated me so much. What's worse is I really like the game!!!

Congrats Eidos. You just got my $$

I won't make that mistake again. I'll lump you in with EA for ruining games if you don't try and save face here by getting avalanche to patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugman
    NPCs walking around doing ridiculous things, shooting at walls.

Exclamation

• AI Randomly driving into trees, ect.. that are away from the road after they were driving perfectly fine... Shooting at odd things (as someone mentioned, walls. AI need a tuneup most definately.
    • 99% of the time when you approach a ladder (such as one on the side of a building) the action for using/climbing it does not show, you have to constantly back away, then move forward again to get it to show/enable. Happens on other objects as well, such as vehicles.
    • Firefly Helicopters? I cannot seem to get them running, I have tried entering in from all sides, (front right side) the props start, but then suddenly stops, out of fuel or bug?? Maybe I am missing something here. Even after controlling the territory.
    • Post Processing Effects, much overdone.. Too much blur, way too much haze, ect.. I have to turn them off to enjoy the game at all, but with them on, everything is more "vibrant". :/ sad tradeoff to give up the vibrance due to overblur. Blur happens to an extent when blur is off and just post process is on, and even moreso with heat haze.
    • Rain Effects (even with Post Process On) looks like "poo", it definately could use some editing on the graphic files for the rain drops..
    • Slow Downs during gameplay.. It gets really annoying having to exit the game and restart it up again to resolve it (memory leak/pixel leak?)
    • Odd problems on some systems (or all) where sometimes a reinstall is needed to play without getting a crash on startup of game (just before getting to full screen from desktop) Seems to be linked between the games use of RadTools binkw32.dll and Windows kernel32.dll
    • Ability to remap controls is nice (much better than the demo) however, no analog. ect?? And does not recognize my Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse extra buttons (5 buttons total) but cannot use the 3rd, 4th, and 5th? Can in other games. Controls are also a bit buggy, driving is fun, but hard to control many vehicles. Planes, Choppers, and Boats seem fine, only seems to apply to ground vehicles. (With exception to the Walker PA Twin Fin, VERY difficult to get off the ground and the slightest touch of left/right you crash/blow up before getting off the runway)
    • Some sounds are oddly lower than others, sometimes free fall (Skydive) you have to open the parachute (after jumping from a plane) and then close it (goto freefall again) to hear the sounds better. But even then, the sound it too low, need more bass/wind and jump suit sound action going on here.
    • Running over people (such as others driving/motorcycle) or in the water, running over a jetski with a huge tug, doesnt effect them? At least have some blood splatter !
    • Have to agree with others, need mouse control in menus
    • Again, agreeing, aiming is choppy.
    • Graphics for Water/Forests/Jungles ect.. look great when close to the ground, or on a boat viewing the scenery from a river, but when up in the air such as in a plane, SkyDive, ect.. Water has a massive ugly "tiling" look.

Anyhow, just some to get started, will post more as there were tons I had found, but just cannot recall off the top of my head. May post more. Hope to see some fixes.
    Last edited by Crypton; 09-28-2006 at 10:24 PM.

have non of u ever playd a port b4 This is a port not a pc game, you ask tehn to re-do it to a pc game and taht wont hapen.

Quote Originally Posted by Downloader
    have non of u ever playd a port b4 This is a port not a pc game, you ask tehn to re-do it to a pc game and taht wont hapen.
    I play alot of games that are ports to PC that were origionaly made for XBox, ect..

We are not asking them to redo the game, we are asking for a patch to fix the problems. Does not matter what system it was origionally made for, it was ported to PC and we are asking for some support and part of that support is fixing problems. It will not take a redo of the whole game to fix issues... Do not understand why everyone thinks it would have to be recoded to fix problems, if that were so, then patches would never have been invented or thought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crypton
    I play alot of games that are ports to PC that were origionaly made for XBox, ect..

We are not asking them to redo the game, we are asking for a patch to fix the problems. Does not matter what system it was origionally made for, it was ported to PC and we are asking for some support and part of that support is fixing problems. It will not take a redo of the whole game to fix issues... Do not understand why everyone thinks it would have to be recoded to fix problems, if that were so, then patches would never have been invented or thought up.
    yep there is some great ports from Xbox2PC like Enclave,Cr.of Rid d ick
    those are quality ports & from old xbox,i thought it would be easy to port x3602pc cause x360 has similiar structure to modern pc's
    unlike xbox with pentium 3 ,guess it also depends on devs

Before I do my list let me say I am really enjoying this game, despite these problems:

- No.1 problem for me - the awful disappearing vehicles issue. Spot a good vehicle, turn the camera away for a second and the game has deleted it. Same immensely irritating problem the GTA series used to have
    - Analog joypad support needed - bikes are especially hard to drive with keyboard
    - More graphics options - AA and filtering etc.
    - Some helicopter rockets do not actually destroy vehicles despite explosion effects
    - Almost instant death when hit by vehicles is too harsh
    - Some sound effects seem louder than they should be when they're not actually that near to you
    - Too easy to get a police wanted level but hard to lose it
    - Random fights between police and guerillas are good but seem to happen way too often
    - Should be able to crouch for taking cover behind objects
    - Auto-aim unnecessary annoyance for PC gamers
    - Underwater is lifeless without any fish, and sounds above water should be muffled. The controls and camera are awkward underwater too
    - I sometimes get heavy slow down when starting to drive a boat (anything to do with the water spray effect?)
    - In heavy jungles the game slows down - but if you then swing the camera down towards the ground there's a sudden over-the-top boost in speed (as the engine suddenly has less to draw?)
    - Draw distance : can see buildings miles away but no vehicles or people beyond a short distance
    - Building textures are ugly compared to the beautiful islands

Quote Originally Posted by adv1
    - Should be able to crouch for taking cover behind objects
    - Underwater is lifeless without any fish, and sounds above water should be muffled. The controls and camera are awkward underwater too
    - I sometimes get heavy slow down when starting to drive a boat (anything to do with the water spray effect?)
    - Draw distance : can see buildings miles away but no vehicles or people beyond a short distance
    - Building textures are ugly compared to the beautiful islands
    ^^ get these too, and was just thinking about the fish thing after messing up a mission a few times (last mission) wont spoil it, but lets say I missed the plane. Needs fish definately. (not a major thing, but would be nice)

Slowdown on boats, definately seems to be water spray related. I notice some boats that have much less spray (such as the one you get during main missions with the turbine on it) does not cause much slowdown. Where as the larger "tug/fisher" type boat causes massive slowdown.

Many, many problems are caused by a really sloppy port. If I wanted to play an XBox 360 game I would have bought an XBox 360. PC users expect to get PC games, and Just Cause is a real disappointment.

Menu Screens
    I knew this was a console port as soon as I realised there was no mouse pointer in the menu screens. PCs have this strange human interface device known as a mouse. It would be nice to be able to use it.

Where are all the graphical options? Yes, you can choose resolution and a measly selection of other options, but that's really pointless.

Why are there only 10 save slots? This is a PC. I have many many gigabytes of storage and it would have taken a matter of minutes to implement a file-based save game system instead of a slot-based one. Especially considering the need to save due to the abundance of bugs, this is not good enough.

Why bother letting you remap the controls if you're limited to keyboard only? Do you want to fly the helicopter with your mouse? Great, you can map the controls to do this, but nothing happens. Again, just really sloppy.

Invisible Helicopter
    Every so often in my game, Rico gets stalked by a phantom helicopter. Apart from the fact that it makes a really annoying noise the whole time and won't go away (despite having no wanted level), as soon as Rico gets a wanted level, the helicopter begins unloading lead into him.

Swimming
    What the hell were you guys thinking? We already have a perfect swimming system in use in other FPS games like Half-life 2. Why come up with your own system, especially when it's absolutely terrible? Let me guess... it works fine if you're holding an XBox 360 controller.

Vehicle deaths
    Seriously, so Rico can take hundreds of bullets from an army of gang members, but then he steps out in front of a car and he's dead instantly. Score one for game balance.

Aiming
    The PC is the father of first-person shooters. id brought us Wolfenstein 3d, then Doom. Millions upon millions of people every day play Counterstrike Source on the PC. PC gamers know FPS. You have insulted us by bringing some kind of lousy auto-aiming system to the PC because you couldn't be bothered to remove it. Even when you give us a crosshair, there is acceleration on the mouse. Acceleration. In a FPS. Hit detection is terrible and unsatisfying. This is woeful. If there is anything that needs to be fixed first, it's the FPS elements.

A good game
    Don't get me wrong. I really do like this game, but I feel like my enjoyment of it has been ruined by the bugs that anyone other than a blind deaf and dumb playtester would have been able to spot from a nearby planet. I have tried to play through the bugs but there's just so many and I can't bear it any longer, but I do want to carry on playing. Please patch this now and save me from feeling like I've wasted my money.

Just Cause.. Poor optimization. Really.

Specs:
    AMD Athlon 2800+ 2.2 ghz
    ATI X850 XT PE
    OCZ Ram 2 gigs
    EPoX EP-8KRAIPRO Socket A (Socket 462) VIA KT880 ATX AMD Motherboard

My issues:
    -Stuttering/Freezing. Every 2-3 seconds the game will slow down for a split second. Might not seem like much, but when you're trying to play a game like this.. it's annoying. Very.

-Realism Factors: AI.. yeah let's not discuss the stupidity of the AI.
    Rico can take 5000 bullets but not a nudge from a car? Cmon now get serious.

- A lot of clippings in the world and on AI.

Exclamation Devs - Read

How to easily reproduce the chopper bug (one where you get multiple choppers following you)

Step 1: Find an army base, or "aggressive base" that will attack if you get to close.
    Step 2: Get to close :P But DO NOT fight back! Wait till you have at least 2 choppers after you... Dodge bullets of course (or god mode if you got it, most likely)
    Step 3: Run away from the base, the choppers follow firing on you.
    Step 4: Keep running until your wanted level goes back to none.
    Step 5: Congratulations, you now have a permanent loving relationship with a couple of huge metal flying things. If your lucky you will have more than 2.

Resolution: Use grap hook, hijack, jump out, rinse repeat. Or shoot em down with whatever you got, rocket launcher, ect..
    If you want my signature, send me $20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufomies
    I am an IT pro and I know pretty much about the best ways to keep my PC running as well as possible.

Also.. I get the stuttering issue RIGHT when I start the game.. so.. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Errorsftl.
    Also.. I get the stuttering issue RIGHT when I start the game.. so.. =/
    yeh so do I.Its really annoying.

Actually.. can you tell me something? Do you happen to have onboard Realtek AC'97 Audio? I think there's a conflicting issue with Just Cause and onboard sound from alot of people I hear but it's just speculation.

This is not a bug but needs fixing, you cant change the key settings for jump on to a vehicle when you is parachuting, the default key is (E) and every one doesn't want that. Also the zoom in and out keys is fixed to CTRL and Shift, what in heck is up with that? i want to configure my own zoom keys to mouse wheel but that isn't possible

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast