Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Cause PC Bug Report! Post yours here!

Argh...the constant 'Stop right there citizen!' and helicopters opening fire at everything every few seconds is starting to get VERY annoying

Bump

Keep 'em coming.

Has anyone seen any official word from Eidos about all the bugs?

I thInk noBody see it.
    EIDOs don't see our requests for patchs.
    They don't WoRry AbouT that gREAT pRoject (Whitout BuGS i mean :d)

Quote Originally Posted by UrUfU
    I thInk noBody see it.
    EIDOs don't see our requests for patchs.
    They don't WoRry AbouT that gREAT pRoject (Whitout BuGS i mean :d)
    My god. My IQ went down reading that. Please spare us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugman

now I have strained a muscle laughing
    If you want my signature, send me $20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufomies
    I am an IT pro and I know pretty much about the best ways to keep my PC running as well as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugman

Pies Ci szczal na suty! Ciag sie nie doruchana dziwko co sie masturbuje kilofem, nie sory mlotem pneumatycznym

You understand this?

So you think that you're master of english
    Nobody is perfect i come from Poland/Sweden so don'y laught from my replies

Tack Sumike

Quote Originally Posted by UrUfU
    Pies Ci szczal na suty! Ciag sie nie doruchana dziwko co sie masturbuje kilofem, nie sory mlotem pneumatycznym

You understand this?

So you think that you're master of english
    Nobody is perfect i come from Poland/Sweden so don'y laught from my replies

Tack Sumike
    I dont think it was your english, it was just that you kept using capitols in the wrong places

now now girls......no fighting
    when i die....i wanna be re-incarnated as a bra!

Quote Originally Posted by blakey83
    now now girls......no fighting
    Only girls dont like fighting

when i die....i wanna be re-incarnated as a bra!

A bug i have noticed is that when you go to the pda and then to the guerrillas too see your rank, you are unable ( i am unable ), to see which safe house is unlocked on the next rank if one is available.

When i do this for the Rioja cartel from the pda, it works ok.

TO Crypton : Are you able to use SetPoint software for your Logitech MX518 gaming mouse which allows me with my Logitech G5 gaming mosue to adjust the keybinds for the extra keys with application Management. ie battlefield2 i have got both the thumb button and the tilt wheel left and right done for keystroke keyboard binds and it doesnt affect other games or windows.

Also i have noticed checkerboard corruption and artifacting but i may have solved it with settings. Anyone one else have similar problems with ATI cards ?

my system :

Athlon xp 2800+
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard
    2 gig DDR400
    ATI x1600 Pro 512MB
    Catalyst 6.8

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessone
    TO Crypton : Are you able to use SetPoint software for your Logitech MX518 gaming mouse which allows me with my Logitech G5 gaming mosue to adjust the keybinds for the extra keys with application Management. ie battlefield2 i have got both the thumb button and the tilt wheel left and right done for keystroke keyboard binds and it doesnt affect other games or windows.
    yep, but for the most part I prefer to not have things in the background running, mouse should be detected and able to be used without setpoint. 5 button are very common these days.
    I am an IT pro and I know pretty much about the best ways to keep my PC running as well as possible.

maybe so that a 5 button mouse is common now in this day and age ... but remember its always up to the developers to support more than a 3 button mouse ..

usually mice software like logitechs setpoint are not that much of a drain on resources and to my knowledge do not interfer with games much.

only one problem i has before with a microsoft mouse and intellipoint software to do keystroke binding to the extra keys,
    the problem was that in all but one game , quake 3 arena the keybinds and wheel worked .
    I had to stop the mouse software for quake 3 arena to use all buttons on the mouse and then re-enable the mouse software if i then swapped games.

I reckon joypad/joystick support should be there though.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessone
    maybe so that a 5 button mouse is common now in this day and age ... but remember its always up to the developers to support more than a 3 button mouse ..

usually mice software like logitechs setpoint are not that much of a drain on resources and to my knowledge do not interfer with games much.

only one problem i has before with a microsoft mouse and intellipoint software to do keystroke binding to the extra keys,
    the problem was that in all but one game , quake 3 arena the keybinds and wheel worked .
    I had to stop the mouse software for quake 3 arena to use all buttons on the mouse and then re-enable the mouse software if i then swapped games.

I reckon joypad/joystick support should be there though.
    Every game I have played thus far has worked with 5 button, have been using them for quite some time. With exception to this game.

Everything on the mouse works without the software including setting the DPI on the fly via the +/- buttons on the top near the wheel. As well as the other button that does misc things depending on where you are (example on documents, it can flip the document)

I do not think it is so much the "supporting" that needed to be done, I think the whole processing of porting it to PC was just half baked. Don't even get a mouse pointer in game menus.

May not use much resources, but should not be required. The mouse is designed to work without it and your given the "option" to use the software for advanced settings such as automatic DPI settings based on D3D/OpenGL Games. But even then, you can manually adjust the settings ingame using the buttons on the mouse. The less running in the background the better. In some cases and some games I even go as far as using FSAusotStart to setup automatied things like shutting down services, and closing explorer.exe, just boils down to user preference.

In the case of Logitech, the whole process of detecting and enabling the use of the extra buttons is done in windows, using windows own API. So, basically the game does not fully support windows, not my mouse.
    Last edited by Crypton; 10-03-2006 at 07:01 AM.

Default Bug - Dead or laying down?

Not currently sure how to reproduce this, if I can remember to have fraps running to catch it so you can see what I am talking about..

However, sometimes, randomly after you have been hit by a vehicle, sometimes your character falls down "laying down" as if he is dead, but you still have life left. Unfortunately, you cannot get back up. So I can switch my weapons, ect.. and move the mouse to view from diff angles, but cannot ever stand back up, only resolution so far is to load a save game.

Again, not sure how to reproduce it.. Seems random and after getting hit somewhat harder than just gunfire, (vehicles, helicopter crashing on you, or a short fall off a building, hill/mountain side) And not a far fall, at least not far enough to kill you.

I have a nice bug , glitch between the game and ATI Calalyist drivers 6.8 and 6.9 although 6.9 have caused Just Cause to crash.

Apart from the checjerboard corruption above , the artifacting, having parts of polygons stretched worse than Pinocchio's nose when he lied, and alot of pausing/freezing for a few seconds.

Im enjoying the game.

- one bug is that the spray from the agency boat is not always complete, ie there should be 4 points , sometime only 2 are visible.
    although this is fixed some times but exiting and re-entering the boat.

[EDIT] sorry , forgot my system

my system :

Athlon xp 2800+
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard
    2 gig DDR400
    Connect3d ATI x1600 Pro 512MB AGP
    ATI official Catalyst 6.8
    Direct X 9.0.c

My DixDiag output
    Last edited by sleeplessone; 10-04-2006 at 02:32 AM.

Oh mighty game... not

I have a realy anoying problem...

my game crashes as soon as i get and use the grappling device... which is in the beginning of the game... so i cant play... so i payed 50 euros for... 10 minutes of a game... if you dont fix this within 1 day ill be pissed... aaah stupid games, why do they release a game that isnt even finished.... retards....

the mosty anoying problem for me is artifacting , distored polygons over streched since it can obstruct vision and almost effectivly blind you when driving or shooting .... and the periodic slowdowns although thankfully it returns to normal

apart from that and some minor issues its bareable.

a major issue is i find some ladders are ok to go up but but once up and you want to go back down again its sometimes impossible to get in possition to press e and use the ladder.

this is for me usually when the ladder goes over a ralling or a small wall on a roof to stop you from falling off.

I understand your plight px3l ... i sometimes feel that games today feel more fragile than they used to.
    Last edited by sleeplessone; 10-04-2006 at 10:06 AM.

A huge list but here are the worst, most already mentioned:

-The infinite helicopter attack with some hispanic idiot screaming "STOP RIGHT THERE CITIZEN" ALL THROUGH THE DAMNED GAME!
    -The "if you touch a moving plane SLIGHTLY the wrong way when grappling it, you die instantly" bug
    -No mouse settings
    -No joypad support (COME ON! It's a fricking CONSOLE PORT!)
    -Very poorly optimized engine - FPS rambles between 30 and 180...
    -Total garbage vehicle control (the flying ones aint too bad). This would be sorted with the joypad thing...
    -REALLY dumb side quests. I mean they are tedious and there is only about 3 different quests that keep repeating. Way to skimp on the creative development, guys
    -The flying people bug. Try taking over a compound using an attack HELO. It's quite fun but the issue is if you rocket the last guy you have to take down there is a 50/50 chance he will be blasted 2 miles across the landscape. Because the genius programming then detects that, if you try and follow him to kill him, you are abandoning the mission, you instantly fail. Nice physics... oh yes...
    -Not really a bug, but why do ALL vehicles saunter around at about 15 MPH?
    -Last but not least the issue with wanted levels. Touch a military vehicle but once and you may as well quit and reload... best example is the mission where you have to blow up the power reactor. The briefing fails to mention the naval base in front of it which, if you get within 2 miles of it, permenantly raises you wanted level to max and then missiles you back to the stone age...

This may be an impressive engine but so far the game is VERY poor indeed...

AMD X2 64 4600+
    2 GIG PC3200
    2 x 7800GTX (SLI)
    400 gig SATA2 RAID 0 Array
    Last edited by DreamEndless; 10-04-2006 at 10:26 AM.

Damn game! I died and I clicked continue and i appeared in the garage!!! and i cant get out!!!!!!!

Rolleyes

I picked up some C4 (triggered) and i didnt recive a damn Trigger >.> anyone know where one is?

i guess that the time has come that the people who make the games are so competitive against eachother, that they just work to fast and just not finish the game correctly... its like we are playing a game that is in a beta stage...
    look at the old times like quake and duke nukem... finished games with realy endless hours of gameplay... get back developers and if u make a finished game... ull get satisfied gamers who will buy with more confident:...

Rolleyes

I have to ad some things to all the quoted things I got down under here.

The game freezes for a few seconds and then continues like nothing has happened. Gets more and more the longer I play

Some ppl just kamikaze in to my car and gets killed (even if I drive slow like a 90 year old woman with eye sight problems) and then I have a wanted level on me. And this happens when I have no wanted level at all or stolen a car.

While standing on the roof on a car I can still steer the car, man that some cool shoes this dude got.

Boats that drive straight up on land and then the driver jumps of and walks down in to the water and swims away.

Like quoted under here and it cant be said to many times.
    NO DAMN AUTOAIM FOR PC GAMES, EVER,,,,,
    Also being able to have settings for the mouse would be nice, yeap it would.

That damn "Seize citizen, this is the police" and so on, no one is near me and it sounds like that damn police is siting in my car with me screaming that.

Vehicle handling is, well to be blunt, lousy. You could at least have copied GTA´s handling of vehicles.

As said before, I can take tons of bullets in the back but not a slow crawling car that bump in to me.

The cars don't stop until they have run over you and you are dead, then they stop, thanks.

Like plenty of ppl have complained about, the damn swimming controls,,, daaang, I try to stay out of the water cause of that.

Helicopters just falling from the sky and some times they comes up from the ground while chasing you and they explode in front of me

Pls fix this issues and let us enjoy the game, cause it is a game that is fun but the bugs are killing us.

I have tried the lowest resolution and settings and the maximum, no difference in the graphic bugs for me.

AMD Athlon XP 2800+
    1280 DDR-SDRAM PC3200 (200 MHz) - [DDR-400]
    ATI Radeon X800, 256MB

Askem
    09-23-2006, 01:43 PM

Graphics
    When cars come into view from a distance they like have this section of the vehicle that is seperate from the rest floating in mind air along side it. but hwen you get close it dissapears and the vehicle looks normal!
    The same sort of thing happens when you watch someone on either a bike or a jet ski, but this time they dont have their hands holding the steering bars and instead they are just stuck in a kind of dummy frozen position until they get close enough!
    Every now and again you will see parts of the road dissapear or start to clip, but when you move onto the road itself it goes away
    Sometimes the sky will flicker for no reason
    Lotsa clipping!
    People can walk through the tires of the vampire monster truck
    Vehicles can become stuck on very small rocks (and even other cars)
    People getting stuck all over the place! then they start doing that mad clipping dance until they free themselves

Game
    Game physics make the game kinda mental at times, especially when you have the slow mo camera enabled! say you will be driving along on a bike and get pushed then the action camera will kick in for no reason (maybe you are spinning or just doing a small jump) and it kinda of wrecks the action camera
    Garages at your hideouts dont always open when you walk up to them which means you cant get to the goodies you parked inside
    Spotting mental npcs who suddenly get off jetskis and then decide to walk up the side of a mountain in the middle of the sea! theres lotsa stuff like this goin on but I guess you have to spot it when it happens
    Why is it Rico can actually climb pretty much any hill in the game no mater how steep it is?!?! makes you feel like you can cheat the game by taking shortcuts which kind of makes it less fun (unless you are looking to base jump) which actually makes it useful!

Mugman
    09-29-2006, 01:48 AM

I'm so frustrated by this game I'm compelled to post here(and email avalanche). The problem is the game's got so much potential, but a miriad of small issues add up to be a complete pain in my ass.

Here's the small list I came up with in the hour or so I played. This is the PC version.

Birds fly through buildings(not a really big deal, but just sloppy)

Motorcycles do piroettes if jumping from hills at the right angle. It stops and spins on the front wheel a few times.

Tons of clipping issues. If I jump in the bed of a truck(or most any vehicle for that matter), I am hovering in mid air a few feet above the bed.

Horribly implemented auto-aim---This is a PC we don't need autoaim with a mouse if the controls are solid.

All vehicle physics are wonky.

Non-existant AI. NPCs walking around doing ridiculous things, shooting at walls.

Ridiculous Pop-up and mysteriously appearing bad guys. They spawn on top of you...behind you... C'mon guys, this isn't Doom2.

Almost invincible. I was running through the mission where you liberate the first town. I had 1/4 bar f health when I started...didn't pick up any health packs on the way and after seeing my screen flash red non stop had almost the same ammount opf health when I finnished.

Did I mention the aiming system is FUBAR?

No mouse cursor in the menu?

No mouse sensitivity adjustment?

I can't map my mouse buttons? I've got a Logitec Mx518. I can't use the middle or the side buttons.

I can drive my motorcycle through the smaller trees. They've got to be at least 4" thick. At least make them knock over, not fade to see-through when I pass through them.

When I do crash the motorcycle, no matter how fast I'm going my guys does a flip and lands on his feet?

I had to uninstall this game because it frustrated me so much. What's worse is I really like the game!!!

Congrats Eidos. You just got my $$

I won't make that mistake again. I'll lump you in with EA for ruining games if you don't try and save face here by getting avalanche to patch.

Crypton
    09-29-2006, 05:05 AM

* AI Randomly driving into trees, ect.. that are away from the road after they were driving perfectly fine... Shooting at odd things (as someone mentioned, walls. AI need a tuneup most definately.
    * 99% of the time when you approach a ladder (such as one on the side of a building) the action for using/climbing it does not show, you have to constantly back away, then move forward again to get it to show/enable. Happens on other objects as well, such as vehicles.
    * Firefly Helicopters? I cannot seem to get them running, I have tried entering in from all sides, (front right side) the props start, but then suddenly stops, out of fuel or bug?? Maybe I am missing something here. Even after controlling the territory.
    * Post Processing Effects, much overdone.. Too much blur, way too much haze, ect.. I have to turn them off to enjoy the game at all, but with them on, everything is more "vibrant". :/ sad tradeoff to give up the vibrance due to overblur. Blur happens to an extent when blur is off and just post process is on, and even moreso with heat haze.
    * Rain Effects (even with Post Process On) looks like "poo", it definately could use some editing on the graphic files for the rain drops..
    * Slow Downs during gameplay.. It gets really annoying having to exit the game and restart it up again to resolve it (memory leak/pixel leak?)
    * Odd problems on some systems (or all) where sometimes a reinstall is needed to play without getting a crash on startup of game (just before getting to full screen from desktop) Seems to be linked between the games use of RadTools binkw32.dll and Windows kernel32.dll
    * Ability to remap controls is nice (much better than the demo) however, no analog. ect?? And does not recognize my Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse extra buttons (5 buttons total) but cannot use the 3rd, 4th, and 5th? Can in other games. Controls are also a bit buggy, driving is fun, but hard to control many vehicles. Planes, Choppers, and Boats seem fine, only seems to apply to ground vehicles. (With exception to the Walker PA Twin Fin, VERY difficult to get off the ground and the slightest touch of left/right you crash/blow up before getting off the runway)
    * Some sounds are oddly lower than others, sometimes free fall (Skydive) you have to open the parachute (after jumping from a plane) and then close it (goto freefall again) to hear the sounds better. But even then, the sound it too low, need more bass/wind and jump suit sound action going on here.
    * Running over people (such as others driving/motorcycle) or in the water, running over a jetski with a huge tug, doesnt effect them? At least have some blood splatter !
    * Have to agree with others, need mouse control in menus
    * Again, agreeing, aiming is choppy.
    * Graphics for Water/Forests/Jungles ect.. look great when close to the ground, or on a boat viewing the scenery from a river, but when up in the air such as in a plane, SkyDive, ect.. Water has a massive ugly "tiling" look.

adv1
    09-29-2006, 04:37 PM

- No.1 problem for me - the awful disappearing vehicles issue. Spot a good vehicle, turn the camera away for a second and the game has deleted it. Same immensely irritating problem the GTA series used to have
    - Analog joypad support needed - bikes are especially hard to drive with keyboard
    - More graphics options - AA and filtering etc.
    - Some helicopter rockets do not actually destroy vehicles despite explosion effects
    - Almost instant death when hit by vehicles is too harsh
    - Some sound effects seem louder than they should be when they're not actually that near to you
    - Too easy to get a police wanted level but hard to lose it
    - Random fights between police and guerillas are good but seem to happen way too often
    - Should be able to crouch for taking cover behind objects
    - Auto-aim unnecessary annoyance for PC gamers
    - Underwater is lifeless without any fish, and sounds above water should be muffled. The controls and camera are awkward underwater too
    - I sometimes get heavy slow down when starting to drive a boat (anything to do with the water spray effect?)
    - In heavy jungles the game slows down - but if you then swing the camera down towards the ground there's a sudden over-the-top boost in speed (as the engine suddenly has less to draw?)
    - Draw distance : can see buildings miles away but no vehicles or people beyond a short distance
    - Building textures are ugly compared to the beautiful islands

fw190a8
    09-29-2006, 10:58 PM

Menu Screens
    I knew this was a console port as soon as I realised there was no mouse pointer in the menu screens. PCs have this strange human interface device known as a mouse. It would be nice to be able to use it.

Where are all the graphical options? Yes, you can choose resolution and a measly selection of other options, but that's really pointless.

Why are there only 10 save slots? This is a PC. I have many many gigabytes of storage and it would have taken a matter of minutes to implement a file-based save game system instead of a slot-based one. Especially considering the need to save due to the abundance of bugs, this is not good enough.

Why bother letting you remap the controls if you're limited to keyboard only? Do you want to fly the helicopter with your mouse? Great, you can map the controls to do this, but nothing happens. Again, just really sloppy.

Invisible Helicopter
    Every so often in my game, Rico gets stalked by a phantom helicopter. Apart from the fact that it makes a really annoying noise the whole time and won't go away (despite having no wanted level), as soon as Rico gets a wanted level, the helicopter begins unloading lead into him.

Swimming
    What the hell were you guys thinking? We already have a perfect swimming system in use in other FPS games like Half-life 2. Why come up with your own system, especially when it's absolutely terrible? Let me guess... it works fine if you're holding an XBox 360 controller.

Vehicle deaths
    Seriously, so Rico can take hundreds of bullets from an army of gang members, but then he steps out in front of a car and he's dead instantly. Score one for game balance.

Aiming
    The PC is the father of first-person shooters. id brought us Wolfenstein 3d, then Doom. Millions upon millions of people every day play Counterstrike Source on the PC. PC gamers know FPS. You have insulted us by bringing some kind of lousy auto-aiming system to the PC because you couldn't be bothered to remove it. Even when you give us a crosshair, there is acceleration on the mouse. Acceleration. In a FPS. Hit detection is terrible and unsatisfying. This is woeful. If there is anything that needs to be fixed first, it's the FPS elements.

A good game
    Don't get me wrong. I really do like this game, but I feel like my enjoyment of it has been ruined by the bugs that anyone other than a blind deaf and dumb playtester would have been able to spot from a nearby planet. I have tried to play through the bugs but there's just so many and I can't bear it any longer, but I do want to carry on playing. Please patch this now and save me from feeling like I've wasted my money.

DreamEndless
    10-04-2006, 08:26 PM.

-The infinite helicopter attack with some hispanic idiot screaming "STOP RIGHT THERE CITIZEN" ALL THROUGH THE DAMNED GAME!
    -The "if you touch a moving plane SLIGHTLY the wrong way when grappling it, you die instantly" bug
    -No mouse settings
    -No joypad support (COME ON! It's a fricking CONSOLE PORT!)
    -Very poorly optimized engine - FPS rambles between 30 and 180...
    -Total garbage vehicle control (the flying ones aint too bad). This would be sorted with the joypad thing...
    -REALLY dumb side quests. I mean they are tedious and there is only about 3 different quests that keep repeating. Way to skimp on the creative development, guys
    -The flying people bug. Try taking over a compound using an attack HELO. It's quite fun but the issue is if you rocket the last guy you have to take down there is a 50/50 chance he will be blasted 2 miles across the landscape. Because the genius programming then detects that, if you try and follow him to kill him, you are abandoning the mission, you instantly fail. Nice physics... oh yes...
    -Not really a bug, but why do ALL vehicles saunter around at about 15 MPH?
    -Last but not least the issue with wanted levels. Touch a military vehicle but once and you may as well quit and reload... best example is the mission where you have to blow up the power reactor. The briefing fails to mention the naval base in front of it which, if you get within 2 miles of it, permenantly raises you wanted level to max and then missiles you back to the stone age...
    Last edited by Sillage; 10-08-2006 at 05:11 AM.
    -<[ Merde Souillé Singes ]>-
    -<[ Damn Dirty Apes ]>-
    -<[ Jäklars Skitiga Apor ]>-

Quote Originally Posted by Crypton
    [list][*] Firefly Helicopters? I cannot seem to get them running, I have tried entering in from all sides, (front right side) the props start, but then suddenly stops, out of fuel or bug?? Maybe I am missing something here. Even after controlling the territory.
    Just wanted to note that after I had started a new game sometime ago, the firefly choppers work. Maybe something glitchy in the savegame I had before. (the savegame I posted is my new one, not old) I no longer have the old one as I deleted it. Anyow, working.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast