Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OMG!! I have heard from GumDrop!!!

@The Phantom: New account?

Or someone from TTLG.
    *3790*

Hahahah... It just gets better. The familiar faces are continuing to loom out of the shadows! Now where's the Chief, Munin, Apache etc...?

Peter: Thanks for the tips on T3. I'm starting to see what you mean by the two factions not really making any difference to the overall scheme of things. I guess they are just there to add a little fluff like the city blocks. I'm in the museum now and guessing I must be qute near the end, which is a shame becouse the whole experience, apart from the overall atmosphere, has been a bit of a downward slide - not steep mind you, but still noticable.
    Too much scooting back and forth, and not enough solid missions that offer replay value. Bring on the FM's.

John D: I have a lot on my plate at the moment but give me a month and I'll try to ake as much of my build stash available. I must have about 7-10 half baked missions under my pillow.

The Phantom: Big thanks for the email. I haven't started on all the FM's I've missed but you've given me a nice foothold. I'll sort you out with what you need, and I might just stop off at TTLG again to see what's cookin' at the weekend.

Sorry I missed this, I don't visit the Crippled Burrick often... Ironically, I still have that MP3 and was listening to it (with my one year old) just two days ago!

Tim, it's great to see you again after all this time! Hope everything's going well for ye! If you happen to have those TR-styled missions you were working on so long ago and have no plans to finish them, send 'em my way! I'd love to have a gander and maybe work them into my own, if I ever get 'round to finishing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumdrop
    Bring on the FM's.

Unfortunately, it appears there won't be many more of them, people just don't seem to care, or it's too hard, or something. Very sad really.

I'm sure T2 missions have plenty of life left in them, each year brings us more custom stuff to work with. Plus we have the Hammer Imperium to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by John D.
    I'm sure T2 missions have plenty of life left in them, each year brings us more custom stuff to work with. Plus we have the Hammer Imperium to look forward to.
    Looks like that won't be the case John, Hammerite Imperium is stalled until further notice. Which is sad really, this isn't the first FM pack to bite the dust.

Hammerite Imperium Music

Hammerite Imperium
    *3790*

Looks like that won't be the case John, Hammerite Imperium is stalled until further notice. Which is sad really, this isn't the first FM pack to bite the dust.
    Hmmm....nobody told me that!

The mission 1 gamesys has some serious issues, but I've engineered, patched up, duct-taped and stapled various fixes and other solutions to get the thing going, not to mention adding loot, making sure team settings are done right etc etc. I am stalled at the moment while Alexius is gathering some custom voices together, but I'll be sticking those in once I get them, then its a few other things to be done before it's ready for beta.

Quote Originally Posted by John D.
    I'm sure T2 missions have plenty of life left in them, each year brings us more custom stuff to work with.
    So true :
    Broken Triad
    Serious Business
    Upcoming mission by Sliptip
    The Black Frog
    Upcoming mission by Gian
    Rocksbourg Part 3
    If at First
    Shadows of the Past
    COSAS Mission X

Really, who wants to miss these?

And now that it looks like the Hammerite Imperium (or parts of it) will be released as well, the future of Thief 2 looks even more brighter
    Sometimes it's the smallest leak that makes the biggest difference - Garrett, while on the Cetus Amicus

Well, once Alexius finally gets those voices I've been waiting for to me, I'm going to try to get it fixed up to beta level at least. Once that's done I'm through with FM's-after some personal swipes a rather arrogant individual (outside the Thief communtiy) took at me via PM last week I dont plan to be around that much although I will still play any new material that comes out.

So... You're going to give up because of that individual? Because if so, it's really not worth it... 0_o

After those remarks a line has to be drawn somewhere, besides I need some time to actually play missions again.

I see there's some really nice looking FM's in the works. People are really bumping up the quality of the texture/brush work. Nice to see.

I'll make a start on sifting through all my unfinished FM work this weekend if the weather continues to be on the damp side. Should have some zips ready by Sunday.

Ooooh... More FMs! They better be high quality, Gumdrop. >=|
    (that's the part where you say "Yes, sir." =P)
    Last edited by maddermadcat; 09-22-2006 at 12:52 PM.

I'll make a start on sifting through all my unfinished FM work this weekend if the weather continues to be on the damp side. Should have some zips ready by Sunday.

Can't wait to see some of your stuff, Tim!
    Death's Cold Embrace: A Thief 2 campaign due in 2012 eventually

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123