Thread: Game is running slow?

Default Game is running slow?

the opening menu loads reeeeally slow and the campaign map is even worse.

I have new graphics card and all other cpu requirements....is imperial glory just poorly programmed?

Hi Foggy,
    IG runs fine and fast on my rig m8, so no it's not just sloppy programming I would say.

Maybe people can help more though if you give us a basic rundown of your sys in terms of RAM, cpu speed and make, GFX card make and model, mobo bus speed etc. that sort of thing.

Also useful is some further diagnostic info:
    Is it slow or juddery when you get to a battle?
    Do the number of active units on the field make a difference?
    Is the main map ok once it's loaded or does that take a while to move around?
    Do the flag and other animations run ok when on map view too?
    Have you applied any Mods that increase unit values that will push your rig beyond the sys reqs?

It sounds like it may be a caching problem at load, which makes it likely to be insufficient RAM or somesuch, but would need more info to be sure.

Default Game running slow too

I'm having a similar problem; the game loads very slowly and the opening windows are all sluggish, in the campaign map if i move around there are big black areas covering sea and land sections around the edges of the map and things just seem a bit sluggish.

I have a P4 3ghz with 1Gb RAM and a 128mb Geforce FX 5500.

Can anyone help?

nice rig, comparable to the one I run so it shouldn't be the specs that can't handle the game code .. I know it seems like an obvious answer, but maybe you need to update your gfx drivers? Check your manufacturer's site and see if they have specific fixes (mine did for the nvidia card).

It does sound like that may be the issue you're having.
    hth m8

Default re:Game running slow too

Quote Originally Posted by Lefebvre
    nice rig, comparable to the one I run so it shouldn't be the specs that can't handle the game code .. I know it seems like an obvious answer, but maybe you need to update your gfx drivers? Check your manufacturer's site and see if they have specific fixes (mine did for the nvidia card).

It does sound like that may be the issue you're having.
    hth m8
    Thanks, actually had updated drivers; bizarrely the laptop friendly updated v1.1 patch seemed to do the trick. the game is smooth as velvet now and no more graphics glitches.

I am also having some problem with this game .
    In the cutscenes the sound comes earlier than the action and the game is really slow
    Also there is a delay in controls like when i press the key to move forward..... Rico steps forward after a second in the game
    my system's configuration is more than what is recommended for the game.
    My drivers are also up to date

please help me