Eidos Forums

Go Back   Eidos Forums > General Eidos Community Forums > Community Chat

Notices

Old 01-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Hero

Question "Clothes make the man....

..................Naked people have little or no influence in society"

Is it true you think? does our clothing really make us what we are, well the statement above would suggest so.

What do you think?
Old 01-27-2006, 12:44 PM
iMod™
Eidos Administrator

clothes do not make us what we are, it merely manipulates other people's opinions about us

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)
Old 01-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Protagonist

Question

I always think,The quote "Don't Judge a book by It's cover".Says a lot.
People do tend to form an opinion or assume,what you are or do by the Clothes you wear, and/or Appearance.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Biomod
Eidos Moderator

Thumbs up

We all should be naked... unless it's cold.

I just remembered that weird radio guest from GTA San Andreas, who was advocating naturism.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:27 AM
Gamer

Hahha, I remember that.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Protagonist

Lightbulb

I once worked for a guy who wore $2,000 suits. He was still a slimeball.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Protagonist

I haven't met a naked person.... Well, wait... Those people were paid to be there....

Anyway, naked people aren't really in society. At least here, anyone who wants to be anywhere other than secluded areas, they need to be wearing clothes.

"It's like Shakespeare with pointless murder." -gryps incedio talking about the LOK games.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Protagonist

"Dress for success."

It's all relative, subjective, and psychological.

If I saw someone running around nekkid in town I'd think they have a screw loose. If I saw someone with a $2000 suit I'd think the same. Buy a decent $90 suit at JC Penny and go feed starving children with the $1100 left over.

I guess that illusive thing they call "society" tells us that clothing makes the person. Or maybe the media says that. Maybe the media is society...

Clothing can't make us what we are or who we are. It can only help present those ideas to others. I do think that in most cases you can tell a lot about someone by their clothing. You can tell some of their values and some of their feelings.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:30 PM
New Player

I would love to be naked!!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Bones
"Dress for success."

Clothing can't make us what we are or who we are. It can only help present those ideas to others. I do think that in most cases you can tell a lot about someone by their clothing. You can tell some of their values and some of their feelings.
Reminds me of a guy that was just standing on campus being a billboard.... I can't remember what his shirt said.

It's also like how I'm concerned about wearing certain t-shirts. (Though most would only get weird looks.)

"It's like Shakespeare with pointless murder." -gryps incedio talking about the LOK games.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Gamer

I do think clothes are important to a person's self esteem.
I know I wouldn't be caught dead in anything other than black, or dark blue or dark red.
Though it's not something to spend excessive amounts of money on.
Though there seem to be people that empty their bank accounts on one particular frivolous thing, and not just on clothes.
It's some sort of hoarding instinct.

Last edited by soothsayer; 01-28-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:56 PM
iMod™
Eidos Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcom
I just remembered that weird radio guest...
ohh THAT weird radio guest!

clothes.

CLOTHES, Laslo, clothes. I just hate them

I like Reed more

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)
Old 01-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Bones
"Dress for success."

It's all relative, subjective, and psychological.

If I saw someone running around nekkid in town I'd think they have a screw loose. If I saw someone with a $2000 suit I'd think the same. Buy a decent $90 suit at JC Penny and go feed starving children with the $1100 left over.

I guess that illusive thing they call "society" tells us that clothing makes the person. Or maybe the media says that. Maybe the media is society...

Eddy, this pretty much sums up my opinion too.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Protagonist

I do agree to a certain extent you can tell a person by the Clothes they wear.What I fail to understand is how some parents spend Literately Thousands on "Designer" wear for toddlers to Teens.I mean ones who can barely afford it as well.They claim they have to look as good as their friends.
I can understand the older ones.(Just).
When a Mother claimed on TV her Child of Two knew what a certain designer was,and would make a fuss if she did not buy it..........I don't buy that either.It is the Adults here wanting to be judged who had the best clothes.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Protagonist

Recently, Nike offered a "Special Edition Air Jordon" sneakers for $295 a pair!!!

There were people who camped out in front of the Nike store (the store had only 36 pairs to sell) for 5 days to buy the shoes.

When asked what they would do with the shoes, they responded that they were just going to put the shoes in their closet and NEVER WEAR THEM (it would make them less valuable).

Article