Thread: 25 to Life Connectivity Troubleshooting FAQ

Exclamation 25 to Life Connectivity Troubleshooting FAQ

25 to Life Connectivity Troubleshooting FAQ

We have had numerous requests from people that seem to be having connectivity issues. The most common reports have been being unable to join a game, or being disconnected from the game.

The most common causes for these issues are router incapability, and/or a low bandwidth speed. In order to minimize the occurrences of these issues, we recommend that you go through the steps in this FAQ.

To increase the performance of 25 to Life online, we strongly recommend that you use either an approved router or no router, and check your internet connection to ensure that you meet the connectivity standards. If you are unable to use an approved router or no router, you may also try forwarding the ports used by 25 to Life in your router settings.

If you have met all requirements and are still encountering issues, we recommend that you become the host of a game, as the connection settings of the host have the largest impact on the playability of the game.

Steps for Troubleshooting Your 25 to Life Connection

1. Check your router

25 to Life has an approved router list. First check to see if your router is on the approved list.

Approved Routers
    Linksys WRT54g: FW 4.20.7
    Netgear RP614v2: FW 5.20
    DLink DI-604: FW 3.51
    Netgear WGR614v4 FW5.0_07
    Linksys BEFSRv3:
    Linksys BEFSRv1:
    Airlink +AR315W:

Unapproved Routers
    Belkin F5D6231-4:
    Linksys WCG200: FW Standard

If your router is on the approved list, and you are still having connectivity issues, you can follow the next steps to forward the ports used by 25 to Life in your router settings, or bypass your router completely.

In addition, if playing 25 to Life on PC, we recommend that you disable your firewall, as this could also contribute to connectivity issues.

Note that these steps should reduce the amounts of connection issues that you may be having, but issues may still occur, primarily when people will poor internet connections or incompatible routers are the host of the game.

2. Bypassing your router
    If you do not have an approved router, or you are still having a large amount of connectivity problems, the best solution is to bypass your router completely. To do this, plug your connection directly into the back of your console.

Note that after you switch the connection from your router directly into the back of your console, you should unplug and re-plug in your modem. This is so that your ISP registers the MAC address of your console. When you reconnect your connection to your router, you will need to unplug and re-plug your modem again, so your ISP can register the MAC address of the router.

For the PS2 console, you should also verify that the Your Network Configuration File is correct. Your ISP might require a Static IP or PPPoE (username and password) account from your console when it is plugged straight in to the modem. 25 to Life does not include a NetGUI application for creating a Your Network Configuration File. You will need to use the network configuration disc that is usually bundled with your Network Adaptor, or a game that includes the NetGUI application.

3. Forward your router ports

If you are unable to connect your line directly into your console, and are using an unsupported router, you may try forwarding the ports that are used for 25 to Life.
    The website http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm gives detailed instructions on how to do this with a variety of routers.

The ports that are used for 25 to Life are:
    PS2 = UDP 4659 and 30120
    PC = UDP 4659 and 30125

4. Check your bandwidth
    If you do not have a solid connection to the internet, it is more likely that connectivity issues are going to occur. You can check out the website http://www.dslreports.com/stest to find out your connection speed.

The minimum connection speed recommended for 25 to Life is 96kbps upstream/128 kbps downstream or better.

If you do not meet these requirements, it is suggested that you do not host games, and try to join games with a smaller amount of players or games that have a low ping number. This should give you the highest probability of not encountering these issues.

5. If you have met the general requirements listed in this FAQ, and are still encountering connection issues, we recommend that you become the host of the game.

The host of a game has the largest impact on the playability of the game. If you have a good connection to the internet as well as an approved router or no router at all, you may still encounter issues when entering games created by players that do not meet the requirements. Players that have approved internet settings should be the most inclined to host games, as this should decrease the amount of connectivity issues that players will encounter online.

We apologize for the issues that players are encountering online, and hope that these steps help you have a much more enjoyable online experience.
    Last edited by MattD; 01-22-2006 at 10:42 AM.

Hey i know this been said a billion times but that doesnt help and is not the reason its because the server is to slow i dont have any of these issues when the server is around 400 ppl max once above that its wack cant you help them fix the servers ???? instead of posting this and telling us this is the problem because its complete bs thanks

Exclamation

I have an aproved router and this is the only online game that is giving me such a hassle. and believe me I have many online games.I play nothing but online games and have the best broadband connection modern tech can have. and please stop posting the same thing over like if we dont know anything about our games or its connections.

i did everything that was said to be done. i even stopped using the router and i still got discnt. and i have a real good conection. its not the routers its not the conections its the servers. please i hope you guys are fixing stuff.
    www.bf2home.com

I have the approved router and usually play with my modem connected directly into my ps2... and STILL have the fatal lobby error problem. ALONG with the disconnects and statistics not being counted problem. So WHEN is it going to be fixed? estimate???
    Last edited by @m; 01-22-2006 at 03:35 AM.

precisely and if you mods are thinkg that me and this guy are the same person... your wrong! We just represent the thousands of frustrated and upset buyers of the game who thought we were getting a great and original game for online only to find out MOREoften than not your getting messages saying you WON'T be playing rather than getting excited for the next round. Just tell us you messed up and how and why you messed up and WHAT's going to be done to fix it. EVERYONE is having the same problems! It is not just one problem for different people everyone is having multiple problems of which are all the same. Just wait til I tell everyone on ps2 to come on this board with their questions then maybe we will get an answer. Being that most people know me who play online.
    Last edited by @m; 01-22-2006 at 03:35 AM.

Default Hit The Goddamn Delete Botton!!!

[mod edit]If you didn't want to get banned you shouldn't have posted that last sentence as it's sheer stupidity[/mod]
    Last edited by @m; 01-22-2006 at 03:36 AM.

well i forward the ports to my ps2 and it works for me so i think you ppl should try this if u have problems get me on aim = socomlude ill try to help u and my router was approved and still didnt work then i did the port forwarding and it worked ...

why don't u just tell us here?

I Cant Believe You Guys Have The Nerve To Tell Us It Is Us That Is Causing The Problems. Buy Some New Servers Or Be Rady For A Recall On All Of The Games Because You Guys Cant Fix Problems That Everyone Else Does When A Game Goes Out On The Market
    Last edited by intrepid_soul; 01-23-2006 at 08:36 AM.

how long was this game delayed? how long was the beta? and you give us this joke of a game and these horrific servers. what's worse is the fact you try to cover it up by saying its OUR fault .jesus christ, get a clue. how naive do you think we are? you'd think at some point some company out there will start thinking long term, instead of tryin to save money. look what happened to star wars battlefront. horrible servers, game went down hill... FAST. now look what happened to their 2nd game... no one cared about it. can't wait for '35 to life' and everyone laughs in your face and you sell 4 copies.

i for one am SO HAPPy that i rented it.
    Last edited by Xcom; 01-21-2006 at 05:23 PM. Reason: censorship

Thumbs down

My EYES.. help... damn. Need to get anti-big-red-font goggles.

Lmfao!!!!!! that was a great speech fishbulb couldn't have said it better myself. i can't return mine

Default this is crap

The only time this game has work is after 1 am last night. This is unacceptable. I feel ripped off and all we get is its our fault. Fix your end of the Problem( your servers). PERIOD DOT COM

fishbulb thats a great post unfortunately some of your info is incorrect. look at this list:

Top console and handheld games of 2005, by units sold:

1. Madden NFL 06 (PS2), Electronic Arts
    2. Pokemon Emerald (GBA), Nintendo of America
    3. Gran Turismo 4 (PS2), SCEA
    4. Madden NFL 06 (Xbox), Electronic Arts
    5. NCAA Footbal 06 (PS2), Electronic Arts
    6. Star Wars: Battlefront II (PS2), LucasArts
    7. MVP Baseball 2005 (PS2), Electronic Arts
    8. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (PS2), LucasArts
    9. NBA Live 06 (PS2), Electronic Arts
    10. LEGO Star Wars (PS2), Eidos

you will notice 4 star wars games in the top 10. that is why these companies keep dishing out games whern their not ready, because we the idiot public keep buying them. and i include myself. until we stop buying them, they will keep releasing games when their not ready. so its not eidos the big game developers fault, its our fault for buying a game blindly.
    www.bf2home.com

Quote Originally Posted by chicagodave
    fishbulb thats a great post unfortunately some of your info is incorrect. look at this list:

Top console and handheld games of 2005, by units sold:

1. Madden NFL 06 (PS2), Electronic Arts
    2. Pokemon Emerald (GBA), Nintendo of America
    3. Gran Turismo 4 (PS2), SCEA
    4. Madden NFL 06 (Xbox), Electronic Arts
    5. NCAA Footbal 06 (PS2), Electronic Arts
    6. Star Wars: Battlefront II (PS2), LucasArts
    7. MVP Baseball 2005 (PS2), Electronic Arts
    8. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (PS2), LucasArts
    9. NBA Live 06 (PS2), Electronic Arts
    10. LEGO Star Wars (PS2), Eidos

you will notice 4 star wars games in the top 10. that is why these companies keep dishing out games whern their not ready, because we the idiot public keep buying them. and i include myself. until we stop buying them, they will keep releasing games when their not ready. so its not eidos the big game developers fault, its our fault for buying a game blindly.

well idk if you are from socom forums or gamebattles. but my point was that when star wars was first coming out all the socom people were pumped and gonna play that instead of socom blah blah. well because of the servers, that lasted about 4 days. and now when star wars 2 came out, not a word was said. but yea, eidos sucks

I have yet to have any problems what so ever with this game and playing online. The only problem I did come across is stupid hosts who are not there to start a game.

My online gaming is fast and smooth, no glitches. All in all this is a great game!

this Game Would Be So Much Better If I Didnt Get Disconected Every Round. Honestly, Did You Not Think The Gaeme Would Be Popular? Should Have Prepared. I Thought The Main Focus Of This Game Was The Online Multiplayer? Better Fix The Servers Asap Or Many People Will Stop Playing.

Followed LUDE's advice and figured out the port forwarding (after nearly throwing the game out the window -- see post below).

Anyway, after taking an hour to figure out port forwarding and getting it right, the game runs better. Six straight successful attempts at joining games. Which was unheard of before.

(Like LUDE, I have an approved router as well but figured, what the heck).

I CANT EVEN LOG ON BECAUSE IT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT THE SEREVER PATCH COULDNT BE READ...I DONT EVEN NO WAT THAT MEANS...

You don't need to type in all caps....

Reinstall the patch. If that doesn't work, reinstall the game and patch from the latest patch.

Quote Originally Posted by clipse View Post
    this Game Would Be So Much Better If I Didnt Get Disconected Every Round. Honestly, Did You Not Think The Gaeme Would Be Popular? Should Have Prepared. I Thought The Main Focus Of This Game Was The Online Multiplayer? Better Fix The Servers Asap Or Many People Will Stop Playing.

MANY PPLS WILL STOP PLAYING? lmfao nobody playing since 2007 Game dead