Thread: graphic hardware issue

Unhappy graphic hardware issue

Will an Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller with directx 9. Project snbowblind won't work on my computer beause in the begining before you play when you have to decide your graphics options, i put in the lowest specs and it says my hardware does not meet minimum specs. And what is pixel shader?

There isn't any error with Snowblind, and there are alot, that I'm aware of that falsely report minimum requirements. I believe you need a Geforce series 5 (minimum) or a Geforce series 6 (recommended) or equivalent to run Snowblind. Sorry about your luck.

Pixel shader is a feature of most cards produced now adays that improve graphics...for a short answer. Most games I'm aware of, including Snowblind, require some form of Pixel Shader support, as well.
    Last edited by jEj; 10-31-2005 at 08:28 AM.

To be honest, I'm surprised if it did require pixel shader capable cards as it runs perfectly well on the PS2. And seeing as it looks just as cack for the PC....

I ordered a nvidia geforce 6200. it came in the mail today, and now it won't fiot b/c i dont have a pci express slot. Can i get a slot like this, or an alternative card?

Quote Originally Posted by jEj
    There isn't any error with Snowblind, and there are alot, that I'm aware of that falsely report minimum requirements. I believe you need a Geforce series 5 (minimum) or a Geforce series 6 (recommended) or equivalent to run Snowblind. Sorry about your luck.

Pixel shader is a feature of most cards produced now adays that improve graphics...for a short answer. Most games I'm aware of, including Snowblind, require some form of Pixel Shader support, as well.
    by the way, its not a series 5, but 3(4mx aint supported).

I think you'll need a new mobo with an AGP slot on it.

if you mean motherboard when you say mobo, im just gonna trade this game in at eb and get the console version

There is probably an AGP version of that card as well. So your best bet is to trade in the card as you won't be able to do anything with it unless you put a new motherboard in with a pci-e slot.

ok, since i dont want my dad to spend any more money on stuff im not sure that will work, im gonna trade this at eb for the console version.