Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider on Windows XP [ revised Windows patches and documentation ]

Cool Tomb Raider on Windows XP [ revised Windows patches and documentation ]

Tomb Raider Chronicles has published a revised edition of our 'Tomb Raider on Windows XP' patch that allows customers to successfully install all Tomb Raider episodes on Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 2000. We have accompanied our new update with a revised 'Tomb Raider on Windows XP' guide that provides full documentation and support on running older Tomb Raider titles.

New features include additional support for FMV DLL (dynamic link library) files and an option to copy audio data from the game CD to the installation folder. Our Tomb Raider updates are fully compatible with Windows XP and Windows 2000. For more information, downloads and full documentation, follow the below hyperlink.

Tomb Raider on Windows XP updated patches

M.

Smile

Hi MissLara2U,

Just wanted to let you know that your website has been a life saver for Tomb Raider patches for me over the last few months. Thank you & keep up the excellent work!

Smile

Thanks Mum. I'll forward your comments on to all those who make our web site possible.

All the best.

M.

Default tomb raider 1 on xp

i just got tomb raider gold(2 discs).i downloaded the advanced installer and chose the original on the setup screen.it went through fine and created a desktop icon, though when i double clicked it at first it said i could not open this file windows did'nt know what program created it.so i redownloaded it and it opened with windows explorer this time but it did'nt do anything except show the file list of what was in it.i can choose (run with vdm) but i can only hear the sound then it crashes back to desktop.i installed it with choosing the gold version and it worked but it started at unfinished business.retun to egypt.even then i tried to set the controls for my 4 axis 12 button controller with hatswitch and when i went to set the first action it froze up.any help?thanks

Smile

Razmat. I have taken the liberty of posting your question on our Tech Support forum, where the program author should be able to answer your question. The link is HERE

I will of course post the solution here once posted.

One thing I would suggest is to reboot your PC once you've installed Tomb Raider using Advanced Installer. This will register the icon on your desktop.

M.
    Last edited by MissLara2U; 10-08-2005 at 10:04 PM.

Smile

Hello again.

Please follow these instructions. All items can be downloaded from our WINDOWS XP page.

1.First install VDMSound version 2.1.0

2.Then REBOOT the pc.

3.Then install TR1 using the Advanced Installer >>> version 1.05. <<< Choose Yes let Installer configure VDMSound.

Let me know how you get on.

how do I download the files? do I have to register or something? it says the download would begin in 5 seconds but nothing happens
    I canīt play tr3 it doesnīt find the cd?!
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by .chio.
    how do I download the files? do I have to register or something? it says the download would begin in 5 seconds but nothing happens
    I canīt play tr3 it doesnīt find the cd?!
    thank you
    Chio do you have two cd drives? If you do, make sure it is in the first drive.

Smile

If you would care to PM me your email address, I'll email our Windows XP patch directly to you.

1000 thank you's to the fantastic people that made this possible, it works perfectly on my win xp sp2 machine, i am replaying TR3 out of pure nostalgia (it was my first one) with great enjoyment .
    Thank you thank you .

thank you! It works all right now! in my new pc it looks awesome

Question Question for MissLara2U

I just noticed this sticky because I am thinking of installing TR3 on my Windows XP Home PC. Thank you for these fixes and help.

I do have a question regarding this XP fix patch. If I run into trouble and need a savegame from Stella's site, will her savegames work with this XP patch? Or am I on my own?

Thank you.

Stella's site contains savegames that were made with both patched and unpatched games, so you should be able to find ones that work there.

Otherwise there are also some saves at TombRaiderChronicles.com:
    http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr3/saves.html

Default Steps to run Tombraider 1 on XP

How do I run TR1 on XP? WHat steps do i take? WHich patches do i download? DO they put viruses on your pc?
    pls help me!

kodox_024@yahoo.com

No they don't put viruses on your PC, they are safe. From memory I downloaded and installed all from here except Escapeplay and Joytoplay. www.tombraiderchronicles.com and www.tombraiderhub.com both provide the same patches and I think both sites work together? Just follow the instructions from here.
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

Unhappy TR1 on WIn XP

Hi,
    Yesterday I decided to install tr1 on my win xp running pc. So, I downloaded the patches and I managed to setup the sound and graphics properly. Well, I thought, sit down, relax and play... BUT when I tried to the game it crashed and no save appeared in the folder, nothing I tried downloading saves but it also crashed on "load". I haven't installed the gold patch just the original game from the cd with the advanced installer from http://tombraiderchronicles.com etc. etc. ... So, I thought you could help me. Please, I'm getting really desperate

I just wanted to say thank you for the patch!! I'm having such fun playing this game, it's awesome!!
    LCDR Flynn: Who's got the machetes? LS Holliday: Err.. We're navy sir?

To MissLara2U:

Thank you oh so much; i finally get to play TR1 again (last time on a PlayStation). It looks good and with X-Padder plays good. Very much appreciated. Thanks again.

Smile

Windows Vista Update

Greetings folks. I'm please to confirm our Windows XP Patches are fully compatible with Windows Vista. We'll be producing an official update soon.

Thanks for your continued support.

Smile

TOMB RAIDER WINDOWS VISTA SOLUTION
    Copyright 2006 www.tombraiderchronicles.com

[ November 5th 2006 ]

Fans of Lara Croft can now enjoy playing the entire Tomb Raider series on Windows Vista and Windows XP courtesy of brand new 'Vista Ready' patches and solutions from Tomb Raider Chronicles. Additionally, we have packaged the official Tomb Raider demos with a brand new Windows Vista installer, enabling fans to try their favourite games before buying.

Our Tomb Raider Multi Patch includes fixes for Tomb Raider Chronicles, The Last Revelation, The Lost Artifact, Tomb Raider 3, Tomb Raider 2 and Tomb Raider Level Editor. Additionally, we have packaged a small collection of tools including a Tomb Raider registry cleaner and the option to copy files from CD to HDD to reduce read and skip errors.

Our Advanced Tomb Raider Installer automatically and painlessly configures the original Tomb Raider to run on Windows XP, setting up both audio and video and including support for GLIDOS - the popular GLIDE wrapper for improving the graphics quality of Tomb Raider - and DGVoodoo (a free alternative) along with support for VDM Sound.

Finally, our TRAOD:SCU will automate setting up and configuring The Angel Of Darkness on Windows XP and Windows Vista, incorporating a selection of parameters for enabling cheat mode and many other options.

Eidos Interactive has recommended our Windows XP solution to customers, but our exclusive Tomb Raider Multi Patch and Windows Vista Installers are not an official release. While we are confident you'll find our solutions successful, by downloading, you agree to indemnify Eidos Interactive plc and Tomb Raider Chronicles should any damage result from use.

Tomb Raider Chronicles was the first to develop and publish a working Windows Vista and Windows XP solution for the entire Tomb Raider series and will continue to work with publishers in order to provide backwards compatibility for older titles running on today's new operating systems.

Tomb Raider on Windows Vista solution

Thumbs up

Thats good news. I didn't realize that Vista had been released yet, I thought it was a couple of months away yet.
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mum
    Thats good news. I didn't realize that Vista had been released yet, I thought it was a couple of months away yet.
    Business editions go on sale Nov 30th. Home editions go on sale Jan 2007.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MissLara2U
    TOMB RAIDER WINDOWS VISTA SOLUTION
    Copyright 2006 www.tombraiderchronicles.com

[ November 5th 2006 ]

Fans of Lara Croft can now enjoy playing the entire Tomb Raider series on Windows Vista and Windows XP courtesy of brand new 'Vista Ready' patches and solutions from Tomb Raider Chronicles. Additionally, we have packaged the official Tomb Raider demos with a brand new Windows Vista installer, enabling fans to try their favourite games before buying.

Our Tomb Raider Multi Patch includes fixes for Tomb Raider Chronicles, The Last Revelation, The Lost Artifact, Tomb Raider 3, Tomb Raider 2 and Tomb Raider Level Editor. Additionally, we have packaged a small collection of tools including a Tomb Raider registry cleaner and the option to copy files from CD to HDD to reduce read and skip errors.

Our Advanced Tomb Raider Installer automatically and painlessly configures the original Tomb Raider to run on Windows XP, setting up both audio and video and including support for GLIDOS - the popular GLIDE wrapper for improving the graphics quality of Tomb Raider - and DGVoodoo (a free alternative) along with support for VDM Sound.

Finally, our TRAOD:SCU will automate setting up and configuring The Angel Of Darkness on Windows XP and Windows Vista, incorporating a selection of parameters for enabling cheat mode and many other options.

Eidos Interactive has recommended our Windows XP solution to customers, but our exclusive Tomb Raider Multi Patch and Windows Vista Installers are not an official release. While we are confident you'll find our solutions successful, by downloading, you agree to indemnify Eidos Interactive plc and Tomb Raider Chronicles should any damage result from use.

Tomb Raider Chronicles was the first to develop and publish a working Windows Vista and Windows XP solution for the entire Tomb Raider series and will continue to work with publishers in order to provide backwards compatibility for older titles running on today's new operating systems.

Tomb Raider on Windows Vista solution
    Thanks for the hard work and the gift that keeps on giving, ML2U!
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

Default AOD patches

Have just tried installing the 3 patches but only 2 of them willupdate and still no game to play

I'm playing TR Last Revelation, and the load time was slow, so I downloaded the patch, and now items I know were there before are not there !!!

like the shotgun, in the beginning of the game, no hanging rope, the second secret down in the pit, before it fills with sand... what gives ???

I had turned on the Win98 compatibility mode before I DL'd the patch, maybe that's it. I think I'll start all over...

Later... I've tried everything. Do I have to load the patch immediately after loading the game ??? That's the only thing I haven't tried. I've had savegames ready to start where I left off, but maybe it dosen't like using the patch after the game has started... ??? I get some strange graphics effects too...
    Last edited by JunoJIm; 05-23-2007 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast