Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider on Windows XP [ revised Windows patches and documentation ]

Quote Originally Posted by JunoJIm View Post
    I'm playing TR Last Revelation, and the load time was slow, so I downloaded the patch, and now items I know were there before are not there !!!

like the shotgun, in the beginning of the game, no hanging rope, the second secret down in the pit, before it fills with sand... what gives ???

I had turned on the Win98 compatibility mode before I DL'd the patch, maybe that's it. I think I'll start all over...

Later... I've tried everything. Do I have to load the patch immediately after loading the game ??? That's the only thing I haven't tried. I've had savegames ready to start where I left off, but maybe it dosen't like using the patch after the game has started... ??? I get some strange graphics effects too...
    Saves made using the unpatched version of Last Revelation are not compatible with the game once it's been patched. So if your game was completely unpatched before, installing the patch may have caused a few issues.

You could try downloading a few savegame files from the patched version of the game and see if that helps.

Don't run the game when you're installing the patch. Just run the patch programme and it'll automatically replace the files that need to be replaced.
    Last edited by =Shrensh=; 05-23-2007 at 10:37 PM.

thank you! thank you! thank you!

You're welcome

Default Help!!!!!!!!

i recently bought Tomb Raider 1 off line. At first the problem was that there was no sound, but then i downloaded the vdm sound thing...so the sound is good. But... now when i try to start the game it only gets to the screen after the eidos logo thing...then my computer goes blank...well black. Anyway, does anyone have any idea what i should do??

Unhappy

Well, i've heard that others are having the same problem that i am and i was hoping that maybe someone will have the solution. I purchased and downloaded the Windows XP version of Tomb Raider Legend. I Downloaded all 3 files (being Tomb Raider Legen INstaller, TombRaiderLegend_us.001 & TombRaiderLegend_us.002) but when i tried to install it it tells me "TombRaiderLegend_us.001 file was not found." But the file is right there in the same folder as the install file just as it says it should be What is it that i am doing wrong here? please help me

Default Trouble Installing TR4

First of all i have Windows XP
    When i try to install the game from autorun the setup whindow doesn't pop up, but it exists in the process tab in windows task manger...
    so i downloaded tr4update.rar
    then when i try to extract binkw32.dll from tr4update.rar i got a message : Unexpected end of arcive. -> what does that mean?!
    when i try to extract the entire zip i get a message:The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
    so i got the idea that the file is dead so i downloaded Tomb Raider Series XP/Vista Multi Patch..
    i completed to install that but nothing worked
    HELP!!

When i try to install the game from autorun the setup whindow doesn't pop up, but it exists in the process tab in windows task manger...
    then when i try to extract binkw32.dll from tr4update.rar i got a message : Unexpected end of arcive. -> what does that mean?!
    when i try to extract the entire zip i get a message:The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
    so i got the idea that the file is dead so i downloaded Tomb Raider Series XP/Vista Multi Patch..
    HELP!!

HELP!!

Have you not been able to install the game at all? Sorry, I couldn't understand from your post if you had managed to install the game, or if it was just the patch you installed. You should only install the patch after the game itself has been installed.

If you haven't managed to install the game from the game CD, try running the installer from the disc itself, instead of from the autorun menu. Go into My Computer and right-click on the drive with your TR4 disc in it and choose Open. Look for a file called Setup.exe (or just "setup") and double-click on it. That should launch the installer.

Default :|

i was not able to install the game and setup.exe does the same thing like auto run

Default yay i got it

all i had to do to make tr4 (the last revelation) work is installing tr5 (chronicles) then unzipping trupdate.rar and installing that
    the everything works

Unhappy Problems with TR1 on Windows XP

i had the tomb raider chronicles patches for TR1 and the game run with no sound and medium graphics when i tries to adjust the screen reslution to high
    it can't be changed and remains at medium resultion.
    there is no sound , how to adjust the sound?

Default How to Install Patch For TR4

I am only semi computer literate and I'm sick of the very long loading times for TR4 . I've tried using the multipatch but I can't make it work. Could someone please explain in detail how to install the patch and actually make it work as I think it's probably me.

Thanks,
    Croft.

P.S. Hope I've posted this in the right place.

It's ok, I've done it!

Croft.

Default Problems Running TR1 on XP

I'm guessing people are sick of this subject and I have read other solutions but they have not helped. Here's my prob.

I'm running XP Service pack 3 on a laptop. I have been able to sucessfully install and run TR1 before using a previously bought TR1 disc (Premier Collection with the Unfinished Business pack). I have since lost that and rebought it in a 6-disc boxset of Tr's 1-6. I'm installing TR1 using the advanced Installer and Glidos / VDMSound. It installs ok but when I come to play the game it gets as far as displaying the DOS4GW and then hangs. I have tried using dgvoodoo and got the same results. I have even tried running it in DOSBOX and got the same results but it also mentioned a "General Protection Fault".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Lee.

This might help.

EDIT: Following those, I get up to the stage where the game will run, and is technically playable, but Lara (and other objects) won't be displayed because some reason or other they are being drawn on top of. I remember I'd managed to get it showing Lara, by fiddling with the setup options for dgVoodoo. (XP SP2, btw).

EDIT:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=86253
    A new installer that can also help with installing TR1 on XP/Vista.
    Last edited by rg_001100; 02-17-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Added link to new thread

Hi there!

Well the Last Revelation demo downloaded and installed perfectly fine. But when i click on the gae to run it/play it, it gives me an error message saying "TOMB4:EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvience" any help with this would be very appreciated,

Many people wants to play with this, but nothing.

Any patch or solution after 10 years?
    Last edited by Roli; 06-28-2009 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roli View Post
    Hi there!

Well the Last Revelation demo downloaded and installed perfectly fine. But when i click on the gae to run it/play it, it gives me an error message saying "TOMB4:EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvience" any help with this would be very appreciated,

Many people wants to play with this, but nothing.

Any patch or solution after 10 years?
    have you tried the compatibility mode?

Of course

do you use Windows Vista of XP?

I don't really know what to ask, sorry. When I get time, I want to check for you if TR4 works on my pc

Quote Originally Posted by Madenice View Post
    do you use Windows Vista of XP?

I don't really know what to ask, sorry. When I get time, I want to check for you if TR4 works on my pc
    I use XP. The TR4 demo did not work on XP. And i dunno why. But not just for me... I dont care the full game, that works fine

hmm. Maybe the demo isn't installed with the patched installer or something, and the full game is.

Oh.This problem consists in incompatibility of programs. Press on a label of game by the right button and choose compatibility of programs. Put all ticks and all. At me too such was..

Quote Originally Posted by zipi.91 View Post
    Oh.This problem consists in incompatibility of programs. Press on a label of game by the right button and choose compatibility of programs. Put all ticks and all. At me too such was..
    I believe they already tried that

I have had the same error saying the TR4 needs to close. Have you updated your Video drivers that sometimes helps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast