Thread: DVD not authenticated

Unhappy DVD not authenticated

I bought the game but I can't run it. It says: "Original disc could not be found or authenticated". I have the ORIGINAL DVD. What could be the problem? Please, help

i have the same problem what can be wrong ?

This problem has been linked to Securom and/or bad disks. Try and get a new CD from where you bought it. Obviously, double check if you meet all the installation req's.
    Last edited by @m; 12-18-2005 at 02:32 AM. Reason: now ok with TOU
    [T] Forums All Are Welcome.

Er, so problem solved?
    [T] Forums All Are Welcome.

The place where i bought it is 400km from my home and i didn't bought the game, it was included with my graphic card asus 7800GT

Im having this very same problem and the game came with my Asus EN7800GT.

Quote Originally Posted by SecuROM website

"Original disc could not be found or authenticated."

SecuROMô has determined you are trying to start the protected application with a backup copy or clone disc. Please refer to the following procedure to remedy:

• Please disable all emulators, insert the original disc and re-try.
    • If the problem persists, please send a SecuROMô analysis file to support@securom.com (see "Support Info" section on how to do that).
    More information at http://www.securom.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Mougi
    I bought the game but I can't run it. It says: "Original disc could not be found or authenticated". I have the ORIGINAL DVD. What could be the problem? Please, help
    I m having the same problem and i thast finished sending SECUROM a Analysis file, but im very sure im not going to be helped by that anyway.

I never that that security on games would turn so secure that u even cant play the legal copy of the game.( Downloading games is ilegal but i think this should be to ,i mean im paying for a product but i cant use it.
    And dont tell me my pc dont live upp to te specs off the game cuz it does .

here they r bye the way.

Amd 64 3200 processor
    Kingstoon 2x512 mb dual chanel 400 ddr,
    Nec 3550A dvd rom whith the the latest firmware 1.05.
    Maxtor 250 gb sata 2 disc (not runing in raid mode)
    Asus n7800GT,
    MsI A8N neo 4 platinum motherboard .
    420w h.e.c power master psu
    I score nearly 7000 points in 3dMark 05.

U can se that i have what i think a prety common dvd.
    The whole system is new bye the way and i have tryed 2 other games that allso where bundled whith my display card and they worked fine (no Securom on those games off corse .
    Last edited by SweTapper; 02-09-2006 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SweTapper
    I m having the same problem and i thast finished sending SECUROM a Analysis file, but im very sure im not going to be helped by that anyway.

I never that that security on games would turn so secure that u even cant play the legal copy of the game.( Downloading games is ilegal but i think this should be to ,i mean im paying for a product but i cant use it.
    And dont tell me my pc dont live upp to te specs off the game cuz it does .

here they r bye the way.

Amd 64 3200 processor
    Kingstoon 2x512 mb dual chanel 400 ddr,
    Nec 3550A dvd rom whith the the latest firmware 1.05.
    Maxtor 250 gb sata 2 disc (not runing in raid mode)
    Asus n7800GT,
    MsI A8N neo 4 platinum motherboard .
    420w h.e.c power master psu
    I score nearly 7000 points in 3dMark 05.

U can se that i have what i think a prety common dvd.
    The whole system is new bye the way and i have tryed 2 other games that allso where bundled whith my display card and they worked fine (no Securom on those games off corse .

This is the last mail from Securom the problem is located and the Support from Securom has ben Awerage ,I have even Been in contact whith Eidos support whitch has been awerage .

Thank you for all this information. Your disc is a faulty disc, it is part of a manufacturing error. We have forwarded your e-mail-address to Eidos support.

They will contact you and tell you how to proceed.

If you have got any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team
    SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com
    or via e-mail: support@securom.com
    Last edited by SweTapper; 03-06-2006 at 01:45 AM.

I am having this error aswell and I was forced to download a NO CD patch which allows the game to run without the use of a disc it ran fine but the graphics flickered and nearly gave me a fit, this should not be an issue you should check all your discs before you dispatch them I am disapointed I cant even play the game and I have had it for over 3 months now....

Release a patch for this.
    Cant even play the game.

Same problem, I got the game with my ASUS Radeon X1800XL graphics card, and it claims my DVD isn't an original. I'd love to get in touch with EIDOS support, but can't find an email address for them anywhere. Help!

Rolleyes Very Dissapointed Customer :(

I have the same problem, just got a Asus 7800GT Gfx card and Project Snowblind wont run.

So far the only solutions are either join the emailing circus between Securom and Eidos or to No CD crack the game

Thats great CD protection Eidos are using its forcing people to No CD crack legal games....

I thought CD protection was supposed to stop cracking not encourage it ROFL

Default Well not Happy

This is the last mail from Securom the problem is located and the Support from Securom has ben Awerage (he told me that he was going to forward my e-mail adress to Eidos but he newer did).
    I have even Been in contact whith Eidos support whitch has been awerage .(THEY WAS GOING TO SEND ME A NEW COPY ,BUT AFTER HE DISCOVERED THAT I WAS NOT FROM u.s HE TOLD ME TO CONTACT The U.K support ,but at that time i was so fed upp whit this issue that i thast give upp .
    I have now throwed the game away ,and will moust certain not buy any game whith securom on it.
    Bye the way i tryed the game on 2 computers whith the same devastation result.
    Over and out........

Thank you for all this information. Your disc is a faulty disc, it is part of a manufacturing error. We have forwarded your e-mail-address to Eidos support.

They will contact you and tell you how to proceed.

If you have got any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team
    SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com
    or via e-mail: support@securom.com[/QUOTE]

Dont worry about it the games not worth it lol

I no CD cracked the game and completed it on hard in a day and thats not because im some Uber Gamer (which i am hehe)

Its because the game only has like 7 missions/maps at most with no choices to make along the way

I can see why they decided not to name it Deus Ex 3 as it has none of the open ended feel of the frist game, It even makes Deus Ex 2 seem pretty good ROFL

Plus its shorter than Half-Life Blue Shift addon which would take under 6 hours to finish

I dont think i will ever buy an Eidos game again...

Send your analysis file to support@securom.com (right click on TRL.exe and choose "Launch Analysis"). They should be able to help you within a few days (sometimes a few hours). That's what I did.