Thread: Sound Issues

Default Sound Issues

When I execute the game appears effects of distortion in music. I am deactivate the hardware acceleration sound in DXDIAG and it was solved. Exists some patch to solved this problem?. I have a Sound Blaster 24-bit.

Greetings.

No patch exists or is likely to in the future. Sorry man.

I installed Project Snowblind tonight and it's been a bundle of trouble so far.

First, it would crash WinXP a few seconds after launching it. I updated my video drivers (I have a GeForce 4 Ti 4200...yeah, old) and then the game would work. Problem solved.

Second, The music on the main menu had some annoying clipping noises...basically distortion like mentioned at the top of this thread. It happened in the game too. So I did like the guy above did -- disabled sound hardware acceleration. This fixed the music, but whenever dialog is being played in the game, I still get annoying clipping/static that can make it hard to understand what they're saying at times.

I played the game for a while...I think I'm on level 3 or 4 (just passed the part where you drive a car through a parking garage). When it loaded the next level, the sound suddenly got a lot worse. I was hearing an "echo" or a "reverb" on all the sound, as if I was standing in a big metal pipe so every noise I made would have a hollow echo. Weird....

From what I've gathered around here so far, I'm not too hopeful that I'll be able to get my sound issues resolved. But I thought I'd post anyway in case anyone has any ideas. Oh yeah, I have a SoundBlaster Live! and I tried to update the driver but it says I already have the latest (dated sometime in 2003).

This game seems cool, if only the sound issues weren't a constant annoyance.

Hey, if you haven't already, do an advanced search in the PSB forums for the topic sound or sound issues. There's a few threads that mention different sound problems/fixes.