Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update for users receiving copy protection issues

Default Update for users receiving copy protection issues

If you get an error on start up, NOT the `Application cannot initialise` error, but anything related to authentication, emulation or original disc (when using original disc in drive)

- UPDATE 3rd June 2005

Note if you receive a `Application could not initialise` this is NOT a fix for you. That error is being investigated for graphics cards that are below spec (will keep you all posted)

This fix is for consumers who get `Disc couldnt be authenticated`, `Insert original disc` (when original disc is inserted), `emulation detected` (no emulation being used) etc etc

This is in NOT a game code update, purely a copy protection `update`

Copy protection update <- no longer `expires` (not based on the intel chipset fix exe)

Download the file, the zip contains a replacement imperialglory.exe (based on release version of game - all territories). Uncompress the file and then copy it on top of your installed game, it will ask you to overwrite the file if copied to right location.

If after you've tried this you STILL get the same type of errors then follow the instructions about submitting your analysis log

1- Question: When I Start the game I get an error like `Could not authenticate disc in time, or Emulation detected, or insert original disc`.
    1- Answer: Make sure you are using the original disc in the drive, not an emulated disc image. If you are sure you are doing this following the steps below.

# Right click on the desktop icon (if not got desktop icon, go to install folder and right click on the imperialglory.exe file)
    # Select `Launch Analysis`
    # A self diagnostic system will now run. Follow on screen prompts
    # A file is created in the root of your C drive (analysislog.sr0). Zip this file up (need to keep integrity of file). If dont have zip program can download for Free from the web, or if got XP can use `send to` command under right mouse menu to send to `compressed folder (zipped)`. I cannot accept files that are not zipped.
    # Email said zip file (its tiny) to discanalysis@eidos.co.uk - State which version of the game you are running (cd/dvd version, game name, country of purchase etc)
    # Wait for a response from us (we will be as quick as we can analyse the problems)

After installing the copy protection patch the game now works, but a nag screen comes up saying "license expires in 3 days." What are you supposed to do? Get a new one every 3 days?

Hmmm,'Well', when the three days are up,and your game does not work, then you will have your answer.

But In most cases this will sort its self out, found this with Windows xp when first loaded and did nor register strait away, plus other applications on offer.

I don't understand your answer. Are you saying that if you don't register your game with Eidos then the patch to fix the buggy copy protection will cease functioning?

What are "applications on offer?"

Oh No.

I have this message as well. I could not initially load the game due to copy protection issues, so downloaded the fix. Played the game with no issues for a couple of days, now today it tells me the "licence" expires in three days.
    What licence ??????
    Does this mean that in three days time I can no longer play the game again because the fix for the broken copy protection expires in three days? What is up with that?

Will find out whats going on, theres not supposed to be any `expiry` on the exe at all. Will update when i know whats going on

Updated above - was an error on my part. Fixed and updated it now. Anyone who downloaded the exe before this morning (31st May 2005) just redownload it, is same file name etc, but has been updated properly.

Apologises to all

Thanks. The expiration thing is gone, but now we're back to 'original disk cannot be authenticated or verified.'

Quote Originally Posted by bjornmmcc4
    Thanks. The expiration thing is gone, but now we're back to 'original disk cannot be authenticated or verified.'
    Hmm.. very strange.. *screams quietly*

Can you do the launch analysis on this new exe, and mail it to me at discanalysis@eidos.co.uk

This is very frustrating. I now am back to the 'Wrong Disk' error message. Can you at least put the old 'Expires' version of the fix back so that we can play whilst you sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrymorley
    This is very frustrating. I now am back to the 'Wrong Disk' error message. Can you at least put the old 'Expires' version of the fix back so that we can play whilst you sort it out.
    Have you sent in your log again based on this new exe?

i didnt get the new one u put up but. even when it expires nothing happens. it says it will expire in 0 days so.. yeah dont know what that is for but anyways just thought id say that.

No I haven't sent in the analysis - but I will do if it will help. However, in the meanwhile can you please make the original fix available so that I can play the game again - especially as the last post seems to say it doesn't really expire anyway.

No I haven't sent in the analysis - but I will do if it will help. However, in the meanwhile can you please make the original fix available so that I can play the game again - especially as the last post seems to say it doesn't really expire anyway.
    I dont actually control the website that you download it from. The quicker you get that report the quicker we can get a total fix up.

0 Days means will expire at X o'clock (not sure which timezone its linked to)

well guess ill see if it works now... it better.

Quote Originally Posted by lilfreaker
    well guess ill see if it works now... it better.
    If it doesnt get that analysis to me asap.

OK - I've sent you the launch analysis - have you got it OK?

Is everybody having this problem with the new version of the fix?

sweet i cant play the game now at all. even if it runs really slow. but yeah the thing expired and wont let me play now.

So JAYCW2309 - how are you progressing? Can we have an update please? If this problem isn't going to get sorted the game will have to go back to the shop.

So JAYCW2309 - how are you progressing? Can we have an update please? If this problem isn't going to get sorted the game will have to go back to the shop.
    Just got into office am working on it. As your email addresses and names dont usually have anything in common, had you mailled me the analysis log?

Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Just got into office am working on it. As your email addresses and names dont usually have anything in common, had you mailled me the analysis log?
    Yes I have - and I put my Forum user name in the text - and I put a message on this forum saying that I had sent it in (about 4 or 5 entrie up the list)

Thanks

Yes I have - and I put my Forum user name in the text - and I put a message on this forum saying that I had sent it in (about 4 or 5 entrie up the list)

Thanks
    So you did.. got a reply from the tech team, have you tried it in your cdrw?

Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    So you did.. got a reply from the tech team, have you tried it in your cdrw?
    No - and it will have to wait untilk this evening. Not sure how that will work though...

No - and it will have to wait untilk this evening. Not sure how that will work though...
    Had mailled u too.. they seem to think it should based on the make/model of your cdrw..

Just mailled you something to try tonight. Altho was advised that there is a firmware upgrade for your dvd drive which is highly advised to get,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast