Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update for users receiving copy protection issues

Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Had mailled u too.. they seem to think it should based on the make/model of your cdrw..
    The disk is a DVD, my drive is a CDRW? The game looks at D:, the CDRW is E:? I will try this but I can't see how this is different to not having a disk at all?

Just mailled you something to try tonight. Altho was advised that there is a firmware upgrade for your dvd drive which is highly advised to get,
    I've emailed you with the result of your suggestions. Basically the 'other drive' didn't work but the other approach did.

Thanks for the help

i mailed u and i havnt gotten a response yet

Default I sent an analysys log to you.What should i do now?

I sent an analysys log to you.What should i do now?I'm having the same problems after i copy the new crack from the forum.It says to insert the original cd/dvd in the drive even if i already had done so.By the way, i'm new here on the forum.I'm from Romania.

lilfreaker hi.can you play imperial glory?

Quote Originally Posted by andrei
    I sent an analysys log to you.What should i do now?I'm having the same problems after i copy the new crack from the forum.It says to insert the original cd/dvd in the drive even if i already had done so.By the way, i'm new here on the forum.I'm from Romania.
    I will sort out your analysis log as quickly as i can..

Quote Originally Posted by lilfreaker
    i mailed u and i havnt gotten a response yet
    You talking to me? i've updated the link on the front page of this thread if you could give that a go (updated it earlier today)

jaycw2309 can we have a new update pls? i sent you my analysys log but i haven't got a response yet.i downloaded the new crack from the forum , updated today but it still has the same problems .

Default lol

cp has more problems than it solves and really wont stop pirating. But it does seem as though it is doing well at making legitimate people return the game for a refund. I don't know if that was the intent of using failed copy protection on this game but it does seem to be the result I had to return 3 already (titles) because of cp protection issues such as asking for the wrong drive even though the cd was in it, can't detect the cd even though windows shows it etc and my drives are new, ooh and don't forget the have alcohol installed one please disable. I use dvd burner to back up my system so why should I have to disable my software for a title I purchase to run ? just my view.
    Last edited by KiloAlpha4; 06-04-2005 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrei
    jaycw2309 can we have a new update pls? i sent you my analysys log but i haven't got a response yet.i downloaded the new crack from the forum , updated today but it still has the same problems .
    Am working on it

Default Don't mean to rush you

Sorry,

I know you're doing your best, but I really would appreciate it if the new fix was out soon. I really enjoy this game and can't wait to start playing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by BrinMilo
    Sorry,

I know you're doing your best, but I really would appreciate it if the new fix was out soon. I really enjoy this game and can't wait to start playing it again.
    Did you try the link at the top of this thread (it has been updated as of a few days ago)

With the total fiasco that is going on with your releases of ImperialGlory.exe files, why don't you just remove SecuROM and be done with it? In my opinion (and believe me - being a games coder myself) it's always going to create issues.

The purpose of copy-protection is really used to protect a title so that it will survive for a short time after it's release and will never truly stop the dedicated crackers. Moreover since a cracked .exe file has already been released from what I saw, the failed attempts at fixing an issue with regard to copy-protection is just going to push people towards using a cracked .exe

Finally, the idea of SecuROM to use a License file so that CD/DVD's can be played without the need for the media to be in the drive is INSANE. Firstly I resent SecuROM plopping data onto my drive and copies in registry anyway and secondly the license file is just another means of attack for the crackers. ie. They'd reverse the SecuROM and generate license files so that people could play original's.

Hummm....

Quote Originally Posted by The Welder
    With the total fiasco that is going on with your releases of ImperialGlory.exe files, why don't you just remove SecuROM and be done with it? In my opinion (and believe me - being a games coder myself) it's always going to create issues.

The purpose of copy-protection is really used to protect a title so that it will survive for a short time after it's release and will never truly stop the dedicated crackers. Moreover since a cracked .exe file has already been released from what I saw, the failed attempts at fixing an issue with regard to copy-protection is just going to push people towards using a cracked .exe

Finally, the idea of SecuROM to use a License file so that CD/DVD's can be played without the need for the media to be in the drive is INSANE. Firstly I resent SecuROM plopping data onto my drive and copies in registry anyway and secondly the license file is just another means of attack for the crackers. ie. They'd reverse the SecuROM and generate license files so that people could play original's.

Hummm....
    As a games coder you should understand why we are protective of our code then.. Yes i know protection has a `short shelf life` before its cracked, but as of today the game actually HASN'T been 100% cracked, the exes out there contain errors in the game code and cause instability in the sound engine due to it.

If we didnt help consumers having problems then yes you have every right to have a go at us, but i am sorting out each issue as they come in, and i get back to people as quickly as can usually within 1 working day.

I dont think you understand how the protection system works with regards the DRM system it has in place and its ability to not require a CD and still do a cd check as such - as a games coder am sure you have people in your office who could explain it to you.

There are many MUCH more intrusive protection systems (install hidden devices on your machine which cause total system instability etc).

Default Required Security Module

Okay, jc I downloaded the updated .exe and now it says "A required security module could not be activated. This program cannot be executed." Any advice?

Okay, jc I downloaded the updated .exe and now it says "A required security module could not be activated. This program cannot be executed." Any advice?
    What OS are you running?

Are you admin on your pc..

Yes I am admin on my machine and I am running windows xp. Any other needed info?

Yes I am admin on my machine and I am running windows xp. Any other needed info?
    Go into this folder `C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\SecuROM\` and delete everything within it. Then go into the C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\SecuROM folder and delete it too.. Then try again.

If that doesnt work, get me a new analysis log file to the discanalysis@eidos.co.uk address (make sure you clearly tell me that this is why you are doing it etc) and we'll see if theres something else blocking it.

As a games coder you should understand why we are protective of our code then.. Yes i know protection has a `short shelf life` before its cracked, but as of today the game actually HASN'T been 100% cracked, the exes out there contain errors in the game code and cause instability in the sound engine due to it.

I dont think you understand how the protection system works with regards the DRM system it has in place and its ability to not require a CD and still do a cd check as such - as a games coder am sure you have people in your office who could explain it to you.

There are many MUCH more intrusive protection systems (install hidden devices on your machine which cause total system instability etc).
    Not sure about the first point, not up of the cracking scene enough to really know if someone has reversed it properly or not.

Not really my area of expertise DRM, more a 3D person... but it wasn't entirely what I meant anyway. So the point is conceeded. Oh, and finally
    let's not even go there about S.F 3.4

Quote Originally Posted by The Welder
    Not sure about the first point, not up of the cracking scene enough to really know if someone has reversed it properly or not.

Not really my area of expertise DRM, more a 3D person... but it wasn't entirely what I meant anyway. So the point is conceeded. Oh, and finally
    let's not even go there about S.F 3.4
    Hehe thought u'd know which one i was referring to.

Default Link to Securom Web Site DOES NOT WORK

PLEASE FIX THIS NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smeek
    PLEASE FIX THIS NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Works fine on 3 connections i've tried.

Download the patch this will address all copy protection issues

Same problem here.
    Just bought the game after upgrading to XP. Installs and then asks me for the disc that is already in the drive.
    Downloaded the file mentioned in the thread. That refuses to run tells me a vorbis file is missing!
    Downloaded the patch but how do you open it? I get the choose a programme box when i click it.
    Seems that buying a legal copy was a waste of money!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ponsonby
    Downloaded the patch but how do you open it? I get the choose a programme box when i click it.
    You'll need winrar http://www.rarlab.com/ to open the .zip/.rar file. Those are commonly used compression archives.

Seems that buying a legal copy was a waste of money!!!!!!!!
    It never is

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast